The cold/productivity hypothesis may be actually true

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Asexual peaceful balkan monk
There is a theory that the reason northern european countries are so rich and productive is cause they are cold places and the more south you go the hotter it gets and productivity dips.

I noticed this from my own self (n=1). Basically when its morning, your cortisol is highest and body temperature is lowest, this is an ideal state for sitting in place and studying, but as you approach afternoon around 4-5pm, this is where my body temperature peaks and cortisol is lowest, and my productivity is significantly worsen.

I have tested the cold theory, by splashing ice water on my neck and face and immediately for a few minutes my productivity became 50% better. But after like 10 minutes my head got warm again and i couldn't study. Now everytime i put ice on my cheeks i study better cause of this.

Thermogenesis Basically makes you restless and you just want to move, not sit in place and study. My theory on this is that afternoon was when ancient humans would hunt, if you watch some documentary on african hunter gathering tribes, they look fairly calm in the mornings, but as soon as night is falling they go and start the hunt

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787