The Collapse of US dollar ( its importance ) is imminent

Deleted member 16384

Deleted member 16384

Sphinx

Thanks to the sanctions, Russian firms no longer have any use for the dollar or the euro. As such, European firms will now have to find intermediaries — those that accept dollars and euros, convert them to rubles, and give them to the Europeans so that they can pay for the natural gas imports.

The key question is: If direct dollar/euro to ruble exchange is not possible, then which currency would be used as an intermediary? The most likely answer is the Chinese yuan. In such a scenario, dollars/euros will be exchanged for yuan and that, in turn, will be exchanged for rubles.

There is another fallout, which could hurt the US and undermine the dominance of the dollar as the go-to currency across the world. If the Chinese yuan replaces the dollar in trade with Russia — and typically daily trades would be worth billions of dollars — then it would lead to “de-dollarisation” (a term that implies the global financial system’s reduced reliance on the dollar).

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend, MorningNorwood and Oberyn
I agree w/ all these points although the dollar has been strengthening against every other non-ruble currency recently, especially the turkish lira.
Hopefully the trend stays that way so I can get my future FUE in turkey in a few years for a roll of quarters

I agree w/ all these points although the dollar has been strengthening against every other non-ruble currency recently, especially the turkish lira.
Hopefully the trend stays that way so I can get my future FUE in turkey in a few years for a roll of quarters
Isn't it fixed to the dollar?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16384
I don't know about the fue but the US dollar can collapse (totally) if Putin's long term plan goes as planned. De dollarisation won't allow US to print money whenever they want, esp when the US dollar is only being used in 10 % of international transaction right now , let alone when Chinese Yuan will reduce this further. This uni polar dominance of US dollar will no longer remain in place. The value of world currencies may not remain fixed to US dollar in the future. The trust of the world on US dollar also matters but the debt US has accrued will bite its ass.

Last edited:
  • So Sad
Reactions: MorningNorwood
This has to do more with Saudi Arabia tbh
They're the ones to blame

This has to do more with Saudi Arabia tbh
They're the ones to blame
Tbh now I think of it, it's true but we can't blame SA. They're just going with the flow

should i pay for plastic surgery in italy as soon as possible then? how much time do i have

should i pay for plastic surgery in italy as soon as possible then? how much time do i have
De-dollarisation is a long process and it will take 2 to 3 decades which is "imminent" in the context of how long it would take normally. This news doesn't affect anyone in the short term. The world is definitely moving back to a gold standard currency, so for the long term benefit, you should buy gold and silver.

• +1
Reactions: eyebagcel
I look forward to the end of the petro-dollar

mycountry doesnt use that currency so we'll be ok

@vanillaicecream

Thanks to the sanctions, Russian firms no longer have any use for the dollar or the euro. As such, European firms will now have to find intermediaries — those that accept dollars and euros, convert them to rubles, and give them to the Europeans so that they can pay for the natural gas imports.

The key question is: If direct dollar/euro to ruble exchange is not possible, then which currency would be used as an intermediary? The most likely answer is the Chinese yuan. In such a scenario, dollars/euros will be exchanged for yuan and that, in turn, will be exchanged for rubles.

There is another fallout, which could hurt the US and undermine the dominance of the dollar as the go-to currency across the world. If the Chinese yuan replaces the dollar in trade with Russia — and typically daily trades would be worth billions of dollars — then it would lead to “de-dollarisation” (a term that implies the global financial system’s reduced reliance on the dollar).
retarded