The cornball problem

New Poster

New Poster

Krakencel
The biggest problem approaching women is that anything you say to start a convo sounds incredibly corny. I just said a string of the dumbest fucking lines to a girl, and I bailed at sheer cringe of myself. No idea if the girl was interested because I ejected so fast. Even me. The guy who approaches all the fucking time -- even when in a relationship. I cringe at myself. There's just no cool way to approach. I started a convo with a girl I was sitting next to with:

"How'd you get your shoes so shiny?"

Literally, that was my opener. It went downhill from there. Just cornball on top of cornball. That's why everyone says confidence is so important. Because it is. You need to feel attractive enough that you think you can get away with corny lines. Normally I don't mind being a cornball for a bit if it gets things going, but today I just didn't have it. Had to get the fuck away from my own approach.

But there's no other way. You have to accept the cornball. Without the cornball, there is no approach. Without the approach, there is no convo. Without the convo, there is no escalation. You just have to feel gl enough to not be phased by sounding like the lamest cornies piece of shit out there.

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Gonthar, hattrick, Ken and 9 others
Just Say Hi Theory.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23778, BoredPrince, poopoohead and 4 others
It’s not about what you say it’s about how you say it, also impossible to feel low inhib 24/7 without no drugs

Just Say Hi Theory.
basically yeah.

if she's attracted to you she will be happy you talked to her, will smile at least a little. will say "hi" back with smile, then you can say whatever, ask her how she is, what she does or where she goes, and she will respond and ask you questions back, and the talk will flow by itself.

but if she's not attracted to you? nigga then everything you say will be corny

sad but true

• +1
Reactions: BoredPrince, Slayer, bloomercel and 1 other person
Whats your rating op?

It’s not about what you say it’s about how you say it, also impossible to feel low inhib 24/7 without no drugs
I need 24/7 drug-induced high

basically yeah.

if she's attracted to you she will be happy you talked to her, will smile at least a little. will say "hi" back with smile, then you can say whatever, ask her how she is, what she does or where she goes, and she will respond and ask you questions back, and the talk will flow by itself.

but if she's not attracted to you? nigga then everything you say will be corny

sad but true
No. You can't just say hi. I fucking hate listening to virgin losers online who have never approached irl before in their lives and build their entire worldview from tinder experiments. You can't just say hi. If you do that, you will get nothing. Maybe you could get women way below your league. Maybe. But if you're going after young attractive women, that does nothing. Absolutely nothing. I hate to break your fantasy, but you have to put in work to get women irl. Your chad daydream of just existing and getting laid with minimum risk/effort doesn't exist in the real world. If you want to actually get laid, you have to take stabs in the dark and put yourself way out there. You have to risk looking incredibly stupid and creepy. Sometimes you will utterly crash and burn, too, and there's no escape from that. Women will not respond to "hi."

Here's a legit gl guy approaching. Notice how much he has to talk to get the convo going. It's not just "hi" and smile -- because that's retarded.

He mogs anyone who posts here into oblivion, and still has to go way out on a limb with some corny shit when he opens. There's no way around this.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: bloomercel, Gengar, Ken and 2 others
Whats your rating op?
I'm exactly 92th percentile in looks at 6'2" and white. That's why I approach. You need to be above average for the kind of approaches I do to work.

• +1
Reactions: bloomercel and poopoohead
I'm exactly 92th percentile in looks at 6'2" and white. That's why I approach. You need to be above average for the kind of approaches I do to work.
So chadlite?

no ioi = no approach

I'm not going to say a word to a bitch unless I've caught multiple direct glances and smiles from across the room. You can say anything at that point.

• +1
Reactions: bloomercel, Ken and poopoohead
The biggest problem approaching women is that anything you say to start a convo sounds incredibly corny. I just said a string of the dumbest fucking lines to a girl, and I bailed at sheer cringe of myself. No idea if the girl was interested because I ejected so fast. Even me. The guy who approaches all the fucking time -- even when in a relationship. I cringe at myself. There's just no cool way to approach. I started a convo with a girl I was sitting next to with:

"How'd you get your shoes so shiny?"

Literally, that was my opener. It went downhill from there. Just cornball on top of cornball. That's why everyone says confidence is so important. Because it is. You need to feel attractive enough that you think you can get away with corny lines. Normally I don't mind being a cornball for a bit if it gets things going, but today I just didn't have it. Had to get the fuck away from my own approach.

But there's no other way. You have to accept the cornball. Without the cornball, there is no approach. Without the approach, there is no convo. Without the convo, there is no escalation. You just have to feel gl enough to not be phased by sounding like the lamest cornies piece of shit out there.
Howd u get ur shoes so shiny? Lol that sounds too aspie.

Cmon bro.

I'm very low inhibit but that doesnt necessarily equal good results.

• +1
Reactions: bloomercel
no ioi = no approach

I'm not going to say a word to a bitch unless I've caught multiple direct glances and smiles from across the room. You can say anything at that point.
giphy.gif

• +1
Reactions: bloomercel, Ken and poopoohead
no ioi = no approach

Did u ever smile at someone randomly In order to attract them? Lol it's a good way but it seems "desperate" somehow. Who the fuck is smiling like that

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
Howd u get ur shoes so shiny? Lol that sounds too aspie.

Cmon bro.

I'm very low inhibit but that doesnt necessarily equal good results.
It was aspie. You have no idea how aspie it was.

Legit dilemma. The more self aware you are, the more likely you are to realize that 90% of what people say is idiotic.

Other than Alcohol, Drugs, or a 99th percentile verbal skills, how does one remedy this problem?

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Ken, poopoohead and RAITEIII
It was aspie. You have no idea how aspie it was.
So you were trying to chat up this foid while u already in Ltr? Is this the scenario you're presenting?

Legit dilemma. The more self aware you are, the more likely you are to realize that 90% of what people say is idiotic.

Other than Alcohol, Drugs, or a 99th percentile verbal skills, how does one remedy this problem?
Anxiety. Remove it.

high success rate with getting seriously mentally ill low tier beckys obsessed with me (aka the extent of women I can attract)
Did u ever smile at someone randomly In order to attract them? Lol it's a good way but it seems "desperate" somehow. Who the fuck is smiling like that
girls do this all the time

• +1

Unironically, it's be confident. When you're feeling yourself, you don't really care if you're saying stupid shit. I just lose that confidence from time to time and the realization of how cornball I am slipped into my mind. It's just a phase. I'll snap out of it. Just super annoying when it happens.

• +1
Reactions: bloomercel, OldRooster and poopoohead
high success rate with getting seriously mentally ill low tier beckys obsessed with me (aka the extent of women I can attract)
See my reply where I make it clear I'm talking about young attractive women

• +1
Why don’t you do tinder then instead of challenging yourself with cold approaches?
Because you can't get hot girls as a chadlite on tinder -- particularly as a 35 year old chadlite. Tinder is great for dating down, but standardscels need cold approach.

• +1
Reactions: Ken and poopoohead
Because you can't get hot girls as a chadlite on tinder -- particularly as a 35 year old chadlite. Tinder is great for dating down, but standardscels need cold approach.
Well you also need to factor in LMS. Are you fine in terms of career and status?

no ioi = no approach

Yeah I thought so too until today

Cuz every single girl I approached like that rejected me, IOIs don't mean much

• +1
Reactions: bloomercel
Well you also need to factor in LMS. Are you fine in terms of career and status?
Yes, I'm comfortably upper middle class with a phd. Doesn't do much unless you're trying to get an ltr.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 31562, Ken and poopoohead
Yes, I'm comfortably upper middle class with a phd. Doesn't do much unless you're trying to get an ltr.
That’s awesome. Which major did you specialize in? (just curious) Also I have heard that if you want to meet girls for casual sex, you should go to more degenerate environments like clubs.

Why don’t you do tinder then instead of challenging yourself with cold approaches?
Dating apps are trash if you are over 24 and want to meet some prime females. Girls 18-22 set their age filter to 18-22 or 23 max so they wont even see you.

• +1
do you have any hobbies

No. You can't just say hi. I fucking hate listening to virgin losers online who have never approached irl before in their lives and build their entire worldview from tinder experiments. You can't just say hi. If you do that, you will get nothing. Maybe you could get women way below your league. Maybe. But if you're going after young attractive women, that does nothing. Absolutely nothing. I hate to break your fantasy, but you have to put in work to get women irl. Your chad daydream of just existing and getting laid with minimum risk/effort doesn't exist in the real world. If you want to actually get laid, you have to take stabs in the dark and put yourself way out there. You have to risk looking incredibly stupid and creepy. Sometimes you will utterly crash and burn, too, and there's no escape from that. Women will not respond to "hi."

Here's a legit gl guy approaching. Notice how much he has to talk to get the convo going. It's not just "hi" and smile -- because that's retarded.

He mogs anyone who posts here into oblivion, and still has to go way out on a limb with some corny shit when he opens. There's no way around this.
He’s good looking, alright, but he’s no giga chad. HTN (based off of his face alone), or at least where I’m from.

How young exactly? Early 20s or JB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back