The effect of SSRIs and ADHD meds on height

Have your parents ever medicated you with ADHD meds or SSRIs?

• Yes for a significant period

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Yes but for a short period

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 50535

Iron
I was reading a book called the "Anatomy of an Epidemic". It talked about how the med craze in the last few decades, particularly ADHD meds, SSRIs and antipsychotics has fucked people up both mentally and physically.

This is a sadly true reality for young children that are put on medication cocktails and are basically fucked up beyond repair. The book starts by giving anecdotal stories and data on how for example ADHD meds lead to stunted growth and fucked up mental issues like bipolar.

I am one of those cases. I was medicated with a bunch of shit since the age of 6. At 6 I started taking Ritalin, then by age 10 I was taking Vyvanse and Ritalin in insane dosis because my parents forced me, by age 12 I was taking Vyvanse + Ritalin + Anti Depressants + Puberty Blockers, and by age 14 I was taking Concerta + Ritalin + Steroids + Tranquilezers.

It hurts me to say that I'm actually pretty normal. It hurts me to say it because I don't think there was like any need for the shit I took. I left my parental abuse at age 18 by moving away to a different country.

I turnt out as an insanely skinny and short person. By age 18 I was a merely 44kg, which is 97 lbs for you Americans, and my height was only 5' 6''.
In my first year, I basically went completely insane because my brain was probably fucked up from all the med withdrawal.

At 21, I'm fine now. It's crazy what I went through in retrospect. I'm not looking for validation here. I just want to reach out to anyone out there who might have a similar story here and who might realize what their problem was. I confessed I was in these forums back when I was 18, and I had no idea then what had caused my situation.

I just wanna know if anyone has had any similar experience and was put on any sort of "med cocktail" against their will when they were young and if that has affected their development, whether mental or physical.

• +1
Reactions: aesthetic beauty, mvp2v1 and piec
I punched my school counselor, when I was off my meds.

• JFL
Reactions: IMOGYOU and truecel12
Depakote 750mg, Wellbutrin and Clondine
there's literally no evidence that this shit helps. It's all pharmaceutical industries doing bad studies that have been highly debunked

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
How tall are your parents?

How tall are your parents?
dad is 5 11, mom is 5 2. im by far the shortest and skinniest in my family. i've gained like 10kg of muscle after stopping the meds so i know it's related. my brother is short too but he was also on med cocktails

Lamotrigine 300mg, Symbyax 25mg and Adderall 20mg
bro thats a crazy mix. please stop. if u have adhd i recommend switch to concerta and a very low dosis like 18mg. Adderall is a fucked up drug, it's not even allowed in Europe. As for ur bipolar meds, they are bullshit too, with no proven studies of any long term effects. also ur high dosis of adhd meds could be increasing ur bipolar or even causing it, as it has been show to trigger bipolar like symptoms

there's literally no evidence that this shit helps. It's all pharmaceutical industries doing bad studies that have been highly debunked
so your off all meds now? what do you do for adhd?

I've been on and off adhd meds. never taken then for extended periods and only started a couple years ago at 21. So I cant relate to you. I have been thinking about trying different nootropics from companies advertising adhd solutions.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 50535
bro thats a crazy mix. please stop. if u have adhd i recommend switch to concerta and a very low dosis like 18mg. Adderall is a fucked up drug, it's not even allowed in Europe. As for ur bipolar meds, they are bullshit too, with no proven studies of any long term effects. also ur high dosis of adhd meds could be increasing ur bipolar or even causing it, as it has been show to trigger bipolar like symptoms
Nah ik what I'm doing

I have bipolar disorder and autism. This combination has been the most effective for me so far, as it helps to balance out my depressive moods. I came up with the idea of trying Adderall, and they agreed to give it a try. It has been working well for me. I am also taking Adderall to assist with leanmaxxing.

so your off all meds now? what do you do for adhd?

I've been on and off adhd meds. never taken then for extended periods and only started a couple years ago at 21. So I cant relate to you. I have been thinking about trying different nootropics from companies advertising adhd solutions.
I'm on a low dosis of concerta, only 18mg. I take it every work day, and then for the weekend I take like 1-2mg of ritalin in the morning. This is like 1/4 of what I used to take when I was younger. I think ADHD is real but people tend to be overmedicated as was my case. I stopped every other medication and have noticed only benefits

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
I have bipolar disorder and autism. This combination has been the most effective for me so far, as it helps to balance out my depressive moods. I came up with the idea of trying Adderall, and they agreed to give it a try. It has been working well for me. I am also taking Adderall to assist with leanmaxxing.
and yet you are here. maybe the meds aren't working bro

and yet you are here. maybe the meds aren't working bro
I was contemplating suicide and cutting myself. Now I'm on a self-improvement forum, which one is better?

I was contemplating suicide and cutting myself. Now I'm on a self-improvement forum, which one is better?
but u were medicated before too bro. anyways the evidence says u are wrong but i can't force u to believe it lol

but u were medicated before too bro. anyways the evidence says u are wrong but i can't force u to believe it lol
Send me this evidence, nigga. If I stop taking my medication, I will choke someone to death and you read a couple of articles, and now you think you have a PhD jfl nigga you do not know shit you took a couple of meds and think you're an expert. :forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile:

I was reading a book called the "Anatomy of an Epidemic". It talked about how the med craze in the last few decades, particularly ADHD meds, SSRIs and antipsychotics has fucked people up both mentally and physically.

This is a sadly true reality for young children that are put on medication cocktails and are basically fucked up beyond repair. The book starts by giving anecdotal stories and data on how for example ADHD meds lead to stunted growth and fucked up mental issues like bipolar.

I am one of those cases. I was medicated with a bunch of shit since the age of 6. At 6 I started taking Ritalin, then by age 10 I was taking Vyvanse and Ritalin in insane dosis because my parents forced me, by age 12 I was taking Vyvanse + Ritalin + Anti Depressants + Puberty Blockers, and by age 14 I was taking Concerta + Ritalin + Steroids + Tranquilezers.

It hurts me to say that I'm actually pretty normal. It hurts me to say it because I don't think there was like any need for the shit I took. I left my parental abuse at age 18 by moving away to a different country.

I turnt out as an insanely skinny and short person. By age 18 I was a merely 44kg, which is 97 lbs for you Americans, and my height was only 5' 6''.
In my first year, I basically went completely insane because my brain was probably fucked up from all the med withdrawal.

At 21, I'm fine now. It's crazy what I went through in retrospect. I'm not looking for validation here. I just want to reach out to anyone out there who might have a similar story here and who might realize what their problem was. I confessed I was in these forums back when I was 18, and I had no idea then what had caused my situation.

I just wanna know if anyone has had any similar experience and was put on any sort of "med cocktail" against their will when they were young and if that has affected their development, whether mental or physical.
Same thing happened to my brother. He was lucky to get off in time.

I’m on 18mg concerta. Doesn’t do much I think I’ll find my a good therapeutic dosage at 27 don’t wanna go higher though.
I'm on a low dosis of concerta, only 18mg. I take it every work day, and then for the weekend I take like 1-2mg of ritalin in the morning. This is like 1/4 of what I used to take when I was younger. I think ADHD is real but people tend to be overmedicated as was my case. I stopped every other medication and have noticed only benefits