The fate of all supplementmaxxers

D

Deleted member 21863

‏‏‎ ‎
The man who turned blue after taking a dietary supplement for years

Paul Karason took a homemade silver chloride colloid for years that eventually turned his skin blue in colour.​

Collage-Maker-22-Mar-2023-01-35-PM-7006.jpg

Paul Karason's blue skin earned him the nickname 'Papa Smurf'. (Image credit: Getty)​

Photos of a man who inadvertently turned himself blue have resurfaced on social media more than a decade after he first came to the public eye. Paul Karason took a homemade dietary supplement for years to alleviate symptoms of arthritis, dermatitis and a range of other conditions, according to Daily Mail.
The supplement had an unusual side effect – the colloidal silver in the supplements turned his skin blue.

Karason’s story started going viral after the Washington native appeared on national television in 2008. His skin during the TODAY show appearance was a stark blue colour.

For a long time, Karason drank homemade silver chloride colloid after reading in a new age magazine that it had health benefits. He also rubbed the silver compound solution on his face to stop his skin from flaking.

Karason claimed that the homemade ‘remedy’ cured his acid reflux and arthritis. It also gave him argyria – a condition that causes blue or gray discolouration of the skin due to exposure to or ingestion of silver. The condition is irreversible.

Karason did not even realise his skin had changed colour until a friend pointed it out. “A friend that hadn't seen me in a while came by and asked me what I'd done to myself,” he told Inside Edition in 2008.

His blue skin earned him the nickname of ‘Blue Man’ and ‘Papa Smurf’, which Karason actually disliked. He also did not appreciate the stares he received. And although his skin colour meant he was never sunburt, when Karason was asked if he would go back to his original fair complexion, he said he ‘really didn’t know.’

Karason died in 2013 at the age of 62. He was hospitalised and being treated for pneumonia after suffering a heart attack.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member 24593, mogger123 and 1 other person
I wonder if it altered his color perception such that he was not able to detect the blue tint of his skin.

I saw his act once at Universal Studios
iu

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member 24593, Deleted member 22918 and 1 other person

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: BoredPrince, Deleted member 24593, Deleted member 22918 and 1 other person
Photo 3 1

• So Sad
Reactions: BongMog, ThousandCuts and Deleted member 21863
Likely cause of death was given as murder
What do you think the motive was?
He knew a lot of things about PE and other stuff but so do I then why?

Collage-Maker-22-Mar-2023-01-35-PM-7006.jpg

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ascension and OldRooster
Blue skin halo

Honestly he looks better than most old subhumans, better blue and old than just normie and old

Surely this is fake

Honestly he looks better than most old subhumans, better blue and old than just normie and old

indigomaxxing definitively seems like a better choice than normal aging, also I think his skin color is indigo kind of like the regular game cube not blue nor purple

all the indians here need to get on this stack ASAP

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 24593 and Splinter901
Reminds me of the amar Chitra Katha comics of Ramayana and Krishna, might be a halo

images

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 21863, Deleted member 24593 and jojoyou
Apparently he took huge quantities for many years, silver has antibacterial properties and can help in some medical conditions but is not a cure-all remedy.