😱😱😱 The Great Dopamine Reset 😱😱😱 - How to regain control over your life πŸš€

D

Deleted member 22354

γ…€
😱😱😱 The Great Dopamine Reset 😱😱😱

Fundamentals
The reason you are lazy, the reason you can't achieve your dreams, the reason you are not NT, the reason you have social anxiety, the reason everything seems boring, the reason you just procrastinate, the reason for your food addiction, depression and so on, has its roots in the reward circuitry of the brain.

I'm not going to give you a lot of scientific theory right now because most of you won't read or understand this anyway, the only relevant thing you need to understand is that every one of your habits and every impulse is related to the brain's reward system, a system that assigns neurotransmitters to stimuli.

The brain is programmed to create patterns and loops and to physiologically adapt itself to these patterns and allocate neurotransmitters for these purposes. Once the brain has been programmed to respond to certain stimuli accordingly, it becomes a habit.

However, if the brain no longer receives these particular stimuli, it will stop allocating neurotransmitters
If the brain now contains other stimuli for the same stimulus (e.g. positive experience from a source that was considered negative), it will be reprogrammed to give a different response. So this reward system can be easily reset.

For Example: You have social anxiety because you were bullied in your childhood, now your reward system experiences only negative impulses in a social situation, so you try to avoid this situations. However, if you are now exposed to an environment where everyone is nice to you, your reward system will slowly be reprogrammed, but it takes time. A dopamine reset can reverse this process through complete abstinence a lot faster.

So what does this look like in practice?

You need to put the brain into an "adapt or perish" mode, so remove any stimulus from it. The time period for this dopamine detox should be 1-3 weeks, depending on the severity.

Instructions
:​
  1. No smartphone use; no internet; no .org; no masturbation; no contact with people (wont be a problem for you); no music; no TV; no news; no idleness; no walking around senselessly; no daydreaming; those who have to work should go to work and stay away from all conversations and the like, you can also tell your roommates, friends, co-workers, etc. to leave you alone during this time
  2. Cut everything out that puts you in Zombie Mode. Eliminate all bad habits/hobbys and everything in one's house that creates a pleasant feeling
  3. Healthy diet (ray peat or similar) pre-planned (40% fat, 30% carbs, 30% protein). No snacks. Every meal for 10 days or 3 weeks should be pre-planned.
  4. Working out, journaling, meditating, as well as reading books will be your only occupation.
  5. Keeping a diary, especially working out your priorities, which habits you want to integrate and which projects you want to tackle afterwards, and which habits you want to avoid. But integrate these new habits only after the Dopamine Detox. Write down your ideal day.

After the Dopamine Detox, the positive habits worked out should be integrated into everyday life. The first days should correspond to the ideal day, as you want to have it. So eat healthy, exercise, talk to people, be productive, read, keep order. If you still have a craving for bad habits, you should do another dopamine detox.

Other
I do a Dopamine Detox annually for 10 days to recover from my very stressful job averaging 60 hours a week, remove my bad habits and think about where I am now in life, where I want to be and what I need to change in my current life to achieve that. I usually do this on a private property outside civilization, I buy enough food and books and have my peace from civilization there and can enjoy the beauty of nature. Of course you can do it in your room, but honestly, grounding in nature is even more effective.

A Dopamine Detox should also be repeated annually, because we live in the West and the temptation is just too great and therefore you have to do it again and again.

Good videos on dopamine:

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Pride, OGJBSLAYER, RopeMaxxed and 14 others

Fundamentals
The reason you are lazy, the reason you can't achieve your dreams, the reason you are not NT, the reason you have social anxiety, the reason everything seems boring, the reason you just procrastinate, the reason for your food addiction, depression and so on, has its roots in the reward circuitry of the brain.

I'm not going to give you a lot of scientific theory right now because most of you won't read or understand this anyway, the only relevant thing you need to understand is that every one of your habits and every impulse is related to the brain's reward system, a system that assigns neurotransmitters to stimuli.

The brain is programmed to create patterns and loops and to physiologically adapt itself to these patterns and allocate neurotransmitters for these purposes. Once the brain has been programmed to respond to certain stimuli accordingly, it becomes a habit.

However, if the brain no longer receives these particular stimuli, it will stop allocating neurotransmitters
If the brain now contains other stimuli for the same stimulus (e.g. positive experience from a source that was considered negative), it will be reprogrammed to give a different response. So this reward system can be easily reset.​

For Example: You have social anxiety because you were bullied in your childhood, now your reward system experiences only negative impulses in a social situation, so you try to avoid this situations. However, if you are now exposed to an environment where everyone is nice to you, your reward system will slowly be reprogrammed, but it takes time. A dopamine reset can reverse this process through complete abstinence a lot faster.

You need to put the brain into an "adapt or perish" mode, so remove any stimulus from it. The time period for this dopamine detox should be 1-3 weeks, depending on the severity.

Instructions
  1. No smartphone use; no internet; no .org; no masturbation; no contact with people (wont be a problem for you); no music; no TV; no news; no idleness; no walking around senselessly; no daydreaming; those who have to work should go to work and stay away from all conversations and the like, you can also tell your roommates, friends, co-workers, etc. to leave you alone during this time
  2. Cut everything out that puts you in Zombie Mode. Eliminate all bad habits/hobbys and everything in one's house that creates a pleasant feeling
  3. Healthy diet (ray peat or similar) pre-planned (40% fat, 30% carbs, 30% protein). No snacks. Every meal for 10 days or 3 weeks should be pre-planned.
  4. Working out, journaling, meditating, as well as reading books will be your only occupation.
  5. Keeping a diary, especially working out your priorities, which habits you want to integrate and which projects you want to tackle afterwards, and which habits you want to avoid. But integrate these new habits only after the Dopamine Detox. Write down your ideal day.

After the Dopamine Detox, the positive habits worked out should be integrated into everyday life. The first days should correspond to the ideal day, as you want to have it. So eat healthy, exercise, talk to people, be productive, read, keep order. If you still have a craving for bad habits, you should do another dopamine detox.

Other
I do a Dopamine Detox annually for 10 days to recover from my very stressful job averaging 60 hours a week, remove my bad habits and think about where I am now in life, where I want to be and what I need to change in my current life to achieve that. I usually do this on a private property outside civilization, I buy enough food and books and have my peace from civilization there and can enjoy the beauty of nature. Of course you can do it in your room, but honestly, grounding in nature is even more effective.

A Dopamine Detox should also be repeated annually, because we live in the West and the temptation is just too great and therefore you have to do it again and again.

Good videos on dopamine:

Alex Beckers videos on dopamine detox might be relevant as well

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest, Loki, Yerico7 and 2 others
bookmarked gonna read every word

• +1
Reactions: Trilogy, Deleted member 22354 and Niklaus Mikaelson
  • Love it
Reactions: Niklaus Mikaelson
dopamine receptors too fried to read entire post, it’s over

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Aero, overtier1011, Amexmaxx and 12 others
Good post,
Need to smoke weed to get into deep thinking about that,

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Pikabro, kuroganeikki, GazerGazer and 3 others
Thx for this thread really many need this badly tbh ngl

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Yerico7, Deleted member 22354 and Niklaus Mikaelson
Cope.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: looksseg and Niklaus Mikaelson
Count Me In Rick And Morty GIF

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 22354 and Niklaus Mikaelson
tldr dopamine detox works but it needs superior discipline

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, Deleted member 22354 and Niklaus Mikaelson
Every word :love:
Dopamine + serotonin is literally the key to everything. People like to think that they are somehow somehow separate from their neurotransmitters, however in reality you are your neurotransmitters. Fixing dopamine levels maybe the most important looksmax that everyone should do before anything else

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: TrestIsBest, Deleted member 22285, fachero17 and 4 others
Though I disagree with dopamine causing non NTness. Maybe it plays some role, but normies have even more fried receptors than us. Chad smokes weed and plays vidya 24/7 but he’s still NT, even if he has motivation problems

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22354
Dopamine + serotonin is literally the key to everything. People like to think that they are somehow somehow separate from their neurotransmitters, however in reality you are your neurotransmitters. Fixing dopamine levels maybe the most important looksmax that everyone should do before anything else
Thx for this thread really many need this badly tbh ngl
I agree. This is the foundation, most users do looksmaxing half-heartedly and so are their results.

Though I disagree with dopamine causing non NTness. Maybe it plays some role, but normies have even more fried receptors than us. Chad smokes weed and plays vidya 24/7 but he’s still NT, even if he has motivation problems
I meant something more along the lines of shyness, introversion.
Regarding chad you have to distinguish 2 categories, who was always good looking and popular; and who for example had acne or was fat and unpopular.

The second one will be afraid of social situations like in the example from the thread, he will fail to interact with fellow humans, although he looks good. He will consciously and subconsciously interpret positive behavior of fellow human beings negatively. It will be a long time before this programming will change.

• +1
Reactions: serbiangandy and Niklaus Mikaelson
The problem is that I lack the discipline required to refrain from these dopaminergic actions, thoughts, and things. As a result, it is ultimately futile. Perhaps if there was some outside force preventing me from accessing dopamine, the goal would be accomplished? Unfortunately, in this day and age, that is not really possible. It would seem that the NEET life is my deterministic destiny.

• So Sad
  • Love it
Reactions: TechnoBoss and Niklaus Mikaelson
If you can afford it I think the only way to do this somewhat successfully is to rent some shitty apartment in a village for the time period. 99% of us (me included) will NOT be able to do this at home. You might make it for a day or two, but combatting addiction requires a change of your environment. You will not be able to make your apartment completely dopamine free.

I'm getting a hair transplant in two weeks, so I will look like shit for a few months anyway. Maybe this is the ideal point in time to rent a shitty apartment in a shitty village here, buy 10 kgs of oats and a few diaries + maybe books and just completely isolate myself.

• +1
Reactions: fachero17
sounds good but i need to stop with the internet to detox my dopamine.. but the huge problem; i really really dont know what to do with my life without internet

i mean, let say tomorrow i dont use my laptop (smartphone is really not my problem) but what then? i can sit on a chair and do what? i really dont know
what to do in that time? getting quick dopamine from other things? that would be the same or not?

• +1
Indeed, there are some truths here, but I skipped over the lengthy process of slowly reprogramming my brain to adjust to social anxiety by taking vorinostat (HDAC inhibitor), potent in fear extinction.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Niklaus Mikaelson and Erik-JΓ³n
Indeed, there are some truths here, but I skipped over the lengthy process of slowly reprogramming my brain to adjust to social anxiety by taking vorinostat (HDAC inhibitor), potent in fear extinction.

How do you get hdac

Fundamentals

If the brain now contains other stimuli for the same stimulus (e.g. positive experience from a source that was considered negative), it will be reprogrammed to give a different response. So this reward system can be easily reset.

Instructions

Other

Good videos on dopamine:

Bro I’m too much of a bitch to do this wtf. I feel like I have to tho cuz weed and mindlessly scrolling makes me stay at 50% and ruins my sleep schedule. Great thread

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Deleted member 22354 and Niklaus Mikaelson

Fundamentals

Instructions

Other

Good videos on dopamine:

Most retarded idea ever

• WTF
Reactions: Niklaus Mikaelson
It is good. But some things may take much longer than 10 days. Like porn for example. Stuff like that should be given up for good

It's not a looksmax lol but neurotransmitters are important as fuck. Getting your neurobiology right can literally be the deciding factor in being a billionaire and a drug addict homeless man

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest and Deleted member 22354
let me tell you the reality, it aint gonna change anything

Fundamentals

Instructions

Other

Good videos on dopamine:

Interesting. I feel like i do need a detox , but to go through what you just described , sounds like quite a battle. I don't even understand how i could stop myself from daydreaming , it's like a reflex.Getting away from the internet and TV seems possible , TV is harder because people in the house watch TV and i have ears , so it's going to distract me. Loud music can be played too either by a neighbor and distract me. Anyway , the most important thing to consider is that i turn to all those things to find comfort , an escapism , to cope. With my current living conditions , sexual frustration as well as my insecurities as a (sub)human , all those things are necessary to ''hold'' me. Of course i could probably better my living conditions , but it'll take some back breaking work that could , funnily enough , increase my stress and keep me turning to that stuff.

What kind of books should i be reading too? Because if it's some fantasy novels , nothing would change much. Not that there's any money for books. Healthy diet change could be nice , not that my diet is unhealthy , but i don't buy the groceries and i don't put nor have money for the food. My unfortunate situation makes it quite hard to go through that detox...I guess a gunshot could solve everything too , not that there's any money for a gun ofc.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
Thanks for reading btw! I hope I could help some users as well as some lurkers here and hope you try it out and it adds value to you.
sounds good but i need to stop with the internet to detox my dopamine.. but the huge problem; i really really dont know what to do with my life without internet

i mean, let say tomorrow i dont use my laptop (smartphone is really not my problem) but what then? i can sit on a chair and do what? i really dont know
what to do in that time? getting quick dopamine from other things? that would be the same or not?
Well, only you can know that. You must use the time to create clarity about your goals. Think about where you are in life right now, where you want to go and how you're going to get there.

After this detox, I often find that I enjoy washing dishes, which is not the case for most people. The reason? As a normal person you are so overwhelmed by dopamine through social media/porn/etc. that such a simple activity no longer releases dopamine for you, after the detox you will also feel dopamine again with normal activities. Important: This will only be the case as long as you do not spend all your time on social media etc. again.

Very interesting! Out of curiosity, what was your actual condition before you started taking it with regard to social anxiety/inhib and how did it develop after taking it?

For example, I have since greatly improved my social anxiety/inhib through just Dopamine Detox and exposure therapy (clubbing, talking to strangers). I would now describe myself as medium inhib, but who still gets social anxiety some days, but I can handle it much better now.

Interesting. I feel like i do need a detox , but to go through what you just described , sounds like quite a battle. I don't even understand how i could stop myself from daydreaming , it's like a reflex.Getting away from the internet and TV seems possible , TV is harder because people in the house watch TV and i have ears , so it's going to distract me. Loud music can be played too either by a neighbor and distract me. Anyway , the most important thing to consider is that i turn to all those things to find comfort , an escapism , to cope. With my current living conditions , sexual frustration as well as my insecurities as a (sub)human , all those things are necessary to ''hold'' me. Of course i could probably better my living conditions , but it'll take some back breaking work that could , funnily enough , increase my stress and keep me turning to that stuff.

What kind of books should i be reading too? Because if it's some fantasy novels , nothing would change much. Not that there's any money for books. Healthy diet change could be nice , not that my diet is unhealthy , but i don't buy the groceries and i don't put nor have money for the food. My unfortunate situation makes it quite hard to go through that detox...I guess a gunshot could solve everything too , not that there's any money for a gun ofc.
Just get rid of the TV. It's useless.

• +1
Ray Peat's conclusions are flawed, and unsurprisingly, he is not the picture of optimal health. Good post otherwise (y)

True, that's why I always go to a private property in the nature without internet and any kind of civilization. If I were you, I would focus on getting a job so that you have enough money for your own apartment or get your own apartment through social welfare.

I'm going to do another one now, this time my longest ever. 4 weeks I have planned. Won't take any books this time, but will focus on meditating/journaling and generally grounding myself in nature. I am now looksmaxxed and moneymaxxed and at a point in my life where I need to recap my life and set new goals.

• Woah
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
True, that's why I always go to a private property in the nature without internet and any kind of civilization. If I were you, I would focus on getting a job so that you have enough money for your own apartment or get your own apartment through social welfare.

I'm going to do another one now, this time my longest ever. 4 weeks I have planned. Won't take any books this time, but will focus on meditating/journaling and generally grounding myself in nature. I am now looksmaxxed and moneymaxxed and at a point in my life where I need to recap my life and set new goals.
Starting today.

damn bro. so this could theoretically be used to enable a roastie to pair bond for example? for the dumpster diving cels? :feelshmm:

its time again
Awkward No Way GIF