• How to Dress appropriately
  • Why you shouldn’t follow trends
  • Colour theory for fashion
  • Seasonal colours
  • The essentials of a wardrobe
  • How to accessorise
  • Examples of clothes/outfits

Introduction
I have noticed a lack of good threads about fashion. Most of them recommend you to imitate instead of replicate - basically meaning copying instead of taking inspiration. I also commonly see a complete lack of it and that's just stupid. Especially for a forum that claims to have everything ‘From fashion to skincare’.

Proportions
Proportions - the relationship of one thing to another in terms of quantity, size, or number; ratio.

A common rule for proportion is the rule of 3rds, this is basically when you split your outfit into three and each garment should either be ⅓,⅔, or the whole outfit. Another variant of this rule is when you instead focus on splitting your body and not the outfit, the ⅓ rule still applies. However, this rule can be broken but for someone who isn't that deep into fashion, this is generally a good rule.

Another thing for proportion is how the garments fit together, this could be a longer blazer over a tucked shirt which creates varying lengths, and creates nice proportions, and adds contrast.

Silhouette
This is a buzzword thrown around on TikTok a lot, all this refers to is the shape of your outfit; and what your shadow would look like.
8nqIlf6AiQDqcmq1kDfDZSnXKpCzcg8hdpvkSUTrfQFg-zCH0YMsVz7qze4HdqjLVqu6Ghfc-insTBCNEKe1_7EH06vYMZx7feoGW8GtxohM0KgdOTNnOg4NY0PzNMd1gJjSTnf846REmnmxPTTXcnI

A tip for silhouettes is to have varying shapes in your pieces, like having loose-fitting pants with a tight top as this creates a nice outline for the outfit and also gives contrast bringing your attention to it.

Silhouette and proportion often go hand and hand, whereas if you have better proportions you probably have a better silhouette and the same applies for the other way around.

Contrast
Contrast - the state of being strikingly different from something else in juxtaposition or close association
Contrast can be used to quickly grab a person's attention, whether it be with colours or shades - red and black or black and white - or even with shapes, length, or even width. This is used in places outside of fashion and applies to many different things and can even be seen in nature.

Statement pieces
Statement - a definite or clear expression of something in speech or writing
A statement piece is meant to be the focal point of an outfit that draws a person's attention to it and stands out. These often include bold patterns, bright colours, etc and these pieces are good for making your outfit stand out and be unique/memorable.

Sustainable fashion
Sustainable - able to be maintained at a certain rate or level
Sustainable fashion is when someone considers the environmental, social, and ethical impacts that a piece of clothing has. This has led to things like green fashion to make clothes that consider the environment, the health of consumers, and the working conditions of people in the fashion industry.

Versatility
Versatility - the ability to adapt or be adapted to many different functions or activities
Versatility is the flexibility and adaptability of a piece of clothing. This is important to consider when buying clothes, allowing you to save money that you would have spent on something you would have only worn a couple of times a year. Things that will impact versatility are colour, pattern, length, etc.

Personal style
Personal - belonging to or affecting a particular person rather than anyone else.
You should always consider your personal choices of clothing as it is a creative outlet and a way for you to express yourself. It is vital that you make your own choices as this will make making outfits way easier because you’ll actually like the pieces. Your clothes also give you a way to demonstrate a bit of your personality and can greatly affect how you are perceived.

Layering
Layering - the action of arranging something in layers.
Layering should be used to create the illusion of a certain shape/silhouette such as wider shoulders or smaller waist.

Tip 1: think about the density of a piece, generally the thicker garments go out the outside and the thinner garments go on the outside. Doing the opposite creates unnecessary volume and looks bulky. The same goes for fitted pieces, typically the more oversized/less fitted pieces go on the outside, and vice versa. However, there are exceptions like when you want to tighten a piece of baggier clothing you would put a tighter piece on top to give it more shape and structure. However, when doing this use a thicker fabric so it keeps it smooth.

Tip 2: Thermals! Thermals can make it so you don't have to add layers upon layers to be warm in colder temperatures allowing you more freedom. It also does the same for heat allowing you to keep more layers on in the summer due to the temperature regulation that the thermals offer.

Tip 3: Every layer needs to work on its own because if for some reason you need to remove a layer it should still look good without it.

Tip 4: keep it simple, too many layers will become bulky and look bad however this is not always the case so just take this how you please.

Tip 5: Variety! Different textures, lengths, thickness, etc. Diversity looks good!

Tip 6: The more visible the item the more effect it has, this means the more the item shows the greater the effect it has. This means that when you put a jacket over something it hides it making it less prominent but if you put that same thing over the jacket it would be more prominent. Hard to understand because it's hard to explain but hopefully you get it, fat boy. So use this to help when you want to stand out or blend in.

Examples of simple layering you could replicate:
l2NBTNp70hEI6sbXlBs_P4mCdDN9m4tf6PjrSd156AD09nxCUGStGYrxqvErGsJ1o2jhtjZ9PQf81fBP8uK7W6MrfLRofH8gUou_jHG1lUCjjHhrMlvtXEwjq294lUNY6XSmHPS7GDEk5BKDoJAVYQM
9RVbae5AkaV8i5gIl2meHtIXamhsIlO9FdFQZz8lh_G9eWi9m2m92WsDQqEoElWAsfmQIksLJw97-AIglIToe0ESTptjot3sCgvpJHH7qFgQpTIXkE3I47fQmfOBJxNIq6T3t6fcvMBFNawtUftnNrs
QmPxYljrRUM4jYjNFH6Ra7CExFczBwRiUfxXBbp7Z8szX1l3W8RoAjEP-Rh6NHQYyle8CmdOpNkkyxlJhmKpLBZSPFur_xGOd_sbccyvmB72GqD-sWMx6A2GfT2yzfcqS8QyCULNqVQkjQKCsjmmiqA
ofZHqxW9RSRIVW6O6PwujUHfUeLf8KT3oivY08HnUwS_qQ1e2pLzDWj5RdbqyszmAMmVzOMMn20kMGYlR5pf9ABFaRquBH4mZc3xtTcD11RFFciaYjJpqumQCTca5QC0dVOsysuW9XSeWKoxMgNOVBw

Fit
How a piece of clothing fits on you and how it looks. This is determined by the material, stiffness, and cut of a garment. This is why someone wearing a sweatshirt may look better than you despite them both being the “same” kind of clothing. Different fits include cropped, straight, baggy, etc. My personal favourites are straight-fit and baggy.

Dress for your body type
Wear pieces that exemplify your good features and hide your unwanted ones. For example, If you’re fat don't wear tight-fitting pieces, it will look unflattering and may even make you look much bigger than you are. Skinny people will always have the easiest time creating outfits due to the fact they are basically a manikin. This will take experimenting and you will need to sit back and reflect on your good and not-so-good features but this is what fashion is, experimenting.
oSoo3QiyXxF98jeE12qRyhNLEtZHRaNHNUe7KGCj6Uuh8RM-IA2iarLu4JKa4Jp310J2GsQt2rS80n7I1rFidtZ83AsrbOl3apPZatiHIPCpCy-a_RvFQDMWi8s6aJgMUtYVHA2GJiG2NvQSicxMsr0
3be2356120714dedf143092eda3d2d24811485a4

Dress appropriately
Dress for the occasion, and wear clothes that fit the theme, one outfit won’t fit every event. This is vital so that you don't look out of place and stupid for wearing a T-shirt and a pair of jeans to a wedding.

Don't follow trends
You may be tempted to buy that pair of trainers that everyone is wearing, but don’t. Fashion is a forever changing scene and things come and go faster than you could imagine. You may be asking how do you avoid this. Create a timeless wardrobe, this includes things that will always be in fashion. This includes basics like T-shirts, jeans, sweatpants, etc. These are things that will be in fashion until me and you die. Following trends is also bad because the clothes you wear affect how you are perceived and basically shows off your personality and if this doesn't match what you wear it will make you seem off.

Colours
The colours you wear should match you. This can be achieved by first understanding some basic colour theory and what goes well with what. It is also beneficial to learn your undertone (warm, neutral, and cool) as this can make what you wear improve you rather than drown you out. Some basic colour palettes can be found online and there are even websites for them.

Types of colour combinations
  • Complimentary colours are colours from the opposite side of the wheel and are high contrast and will appear brighter and more prominent together.
  • Monochromatic colours are three shades, tones, and tints of one colour and create a harmonious look for a subtle colour combination
  • Analogous colours are that are side by side on the colour wheel, this is versatile but can be overwhelming. Choose one dominant colour and use the others as accents.
  • Triadic colours are three colours that are evenly spaced on the colour wheel. This provides a high contrast colour scheme, but less so than the complementary colour. This combination creates bold, vibrant colour palettes.
  • Tetradic colours are four colours that are evenly spaced on the colour wheel. This provides a bold look and works best if you let one colour be dominant, and use the others as accents. The more colours you have in your palette, the more difficult it is to balance.
Tip 1: keep it simple, don't use too many colours. For the average person, I would recommend keeping it to roughly three colours.

Tip 2: black and white go with everything and don't count for three colours.

Determine your Undertone & Overtone (Once and for All!) | Simplified  Wardrobe
COLOR THEORY IN GRAPHICS DESIGN. Color theory is the collection of rules… |  by Gabriel Benjamin | Medium

Seasonal colours
Seasonal - relating to or characteristic of a particular season of the year
Seasonal colours are the colours that represent every season, for example, winter with white, grey, black, dark green, etc. This is useful for you as this is a natural palate for you to follow and it will also seem like you are in tune with fashion because designers often do clothing in seasons, this will make it appear like you regularly get new clothes.

The essentials
Essential - absolutely necessary; extremely important.
I will only give you the essentials everyone needs and I will leave the rest to you as you need to develop your own style as it shows off your personality and affects how you are perceived so it needs to match.

Clothing ItemRecommended Styles
T-shirtsStraight cut, form-fitting, baggy, oversized, cropped
JeansStraight fit, slim fit, relaxed fit, flared, wide-leg
Tank topsLoose fitting
SweatshirtsLoose fit, oversized
HoodieOversized, Baggy, loose-fitting, relaxed fit
SweatpantsWide-legged, flared
BootsChunky, combat boots
SneakersMinimal, high-top, low-top, chunky
Knitted polo shirtForm-fitting
Wool sweatshirtLoose fitting, turtleneck
Knitted vestLoose Fit, baggy, v-neck
Long overcoatStraight cut
Oxford shirtLoose fitting
ChinosStraight leg, slim fit, baggy
ScarfThe Parisian knot, the once around, the overhand, reverse drape
BlazersLoose fitting, single-breasted
TiesSkinny tie, normal tie
Leather jacketLoose fitting, bomber jacket, oversized
¾ zipperRegular fit
Mock neckForm-fitting, long-sleeve
SuitSingle-breasted, double-breasted
Puffer jacketOnes like North Face
Bomber jacketOversized, Baggy, loose-fit
Graphic t-shirtsVintage, retro, abstract prints
HatsBaseball caps, beanie

Tip: in general loose-fitting and straight-cut clothing looks better than tighter form-fitting clothing, but take this with a grain of salt. When you are buying clothes consider the shape, thickness, texture, length, etc as these are all things that will impact how well they go with other pieces.

Accessories
Accessory - a thing which can be added to something else in order to make it more useful, versatile, or attractive.
I recommend simple/plain designs for jewellery and nothing over the top as it's meant to complement not be the main focus in male fashion. Tip 1: When jewellery I recommend you only wear one kind of metal.

35fcf829ef6ecc12fc2fa6c4f159d09bf48923ed
QI0VdE_tGHpH3nr7PRR-eZcLIh0BqS82B2zH7obRjnxnhoszXTKRyurz5bj6RSELcA_pfKcrGF5ma8_b9uMNXJZ1ScAJav2d_ToQF-kZyrUZrukSwrDb8-HzqcuU-8uTyMugO5pOKTIP6MNYOtSKPTQ
A3a6b54745969e65353a929ec46a4f9c0d7a0477bc603c9084e23188f71c3bb1 70

Tip 2: don’t mix metals together as it can look messy and tacky

Tip 3: when wearing rings don't wear too many as it can look crowded. I recommend you wear a statement ring on your index finger and a simple ring on your pinky on your dominant hand and for the other hand I recommend you wear another simple ring on your ring finger on your non-dominant hand.

Tip 4: when wearing watches/wrist accessories don't wear too many as it can look crowded. I recommend one watch and maybe a simple bracelet on the same hand.

Tip 5: when wearing necklaces/chains/pendants make sure they are parallel (v-shaped necklace for a v-neck for example) to the neckline except if it is square, when it’s square wear multiple thin necklaces/chains/pendants

Last edited by a moderator:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: dragomaxxer, zsombi, Autismcel and 25 others
Examples of outfits and clothes
These are just basics, you have to find your own unique pieces on your own. Places to find unique pieces you like are Pinterest, TikTok, Thrift shops, Runway shows, etc.
D5c7036e98f0a2be15ba2148b3914dbaba92cb84754dc94ace0d04ae79e26ee1 71
HzC-FckajY0tjPHlHF0DdHRirKM4biewyOC8kQZWCYN66st-sw7dg3rxtWwIAIVYkAh3tz1lUixHqV5wHX-CBPX61vvKK1ikpptFMfqrHGXA--vDS949djk1lXYbTElH5EbAQGRAr_TwFmZA4BG_3hA
IXijBMkIVk9hCE7jgkNGIYVKhfzIpoVtmUZLguy_7bK61hzxZKZ7GZlqvejRBJ3juOYhBFNi5SEy6dA5Ivl5SVRV9QtdUAZCxE3T3GD1T8NSXyI0nN9hw2BwpSksdmlgGj5inXsuRhmd6azcX3YBTYE
9edcda634a9b6fb5140f2129402a3f7c51d0c92ddaeb2781b9dd0f7495b33210 69
XpJBl1meScyFQ95AOwTN3gQKN7xR9SJ5TEkrE4i-aLf-_rp21uFVLSXoHSNdm1XPn2jMgxlzqEyj5Z7W96TVaeWWBlDrKtGvpPEy2phK7pRzk775niK04_NreBp__L81y31ucYyJE6W_xMvaAZupaog
dhArBiCbhYDFEe_tUtcPeKIiCEzBPMi1PoW9kQ0v6KZSXB65RXuM2Ekw-NMyJj9wXpcTMhWhcbl9LuMT6qtJFkFVTOTJ0chjnf6twx8OvSVBHnG7F-2A8Ln7-52bynGEwAjxJOooUWGgAcrsUP9VEp0
zTsD9OM1NP6ixTG1o5IaEtmDXcEiBCg5Ebt4ztlTI8LpjTPgslOu3lqHh-s179OKEg-jhOjzKnTRy4xtPPGzEZ_1q0v1JTF-EaZcwSUW39PpWTAf4-U7uJ0LG_fmIB9lVJWlSFarJFa1o06pgGzM3kM
HOFeTpbjAMDzaAid83hgwafmXvNt4aEJpyxZSAYeKdGtwsqwc86kE9FaQ27jCdciUmZmwdceHI36mlXuHPvpKnrzIMqdjTdKB130TX3BhEgVuXOSyT4iEf7b6NbgRukwniLNF-rJKEGgEQjypdC8VKw
xC1rFUPJazaPHtocS1wfsp14gBk1m5Pcoo4UWiPCBPJROgyUTOZUyt8VQ4Be1EOBngpCKNFG72DZ_SJUhnjCQvoKpCZK46o4gfE7vQgvI70I3sVEpJU3ggVYMUsVMYtQv_mM_KwADQxugLEgDs066b4
78c158b472735f879f81a00313e0c4fb3f2751d6
AbJsddZa-QLVl61eRLfp2vzBbLRG4I09H5qsB5Tnn-qxtV2L5u_IgbEB-BmDicBYCc2ixu3JxjFBOBkIMCoRHvs5aZvwYAv9sulEPdXXEs6z6iwPbEhtbtkmrUJ51tGUd8hYbEuStD4cB8XtWOzsSxc
kKzMmoksFIYN9igQWUlDDI7UjYYp7YTs-SuGq9IYHgW4bW9OJoS9LIdIUy3bw0EHGhMOQfRMgLBsqiBubsYwSxRKK5O_CDsu30Lq12fJy09-NixcWQVLI-8FfGd5J5pJmzwx6CGQYVS-7HjNdLjFEh0
36f8a5b4144d16f98b53a6048e7c2b6b83534f97 2d3253f8583caffdf1de5e5a6546a49405e9c6c6
tmhimpSxFqeTzqLkzzOKIOYs66ib0FKrr70Ofxq3-JXJzHDGDbf4AzSGSIDw_k-weMn5ouseZoL_5OFlztDbsr5TO4qXewyubFEqIENDLQ6fBP-LxmLIos9hwfW9lQWtkpyT3xGqldEnlA9PO7svbE4
ystQdS54OFLeGaXyupFBwGsA1_rGvmS8N7kWu-GPbdWwfSqaZRcPqI2u48TJ8V6os-7dZdKsu843rTivp8AJlEVxECtjlXRGab7Lf0PUlieoj2UeP6zgAGUXILcnHxIk43n4Dh6v1YjdwMA7frkmoWY
700f6d6ca83da61a897708c31f120ba876b68a22f72099c906a63d87a39580cc 68 71de6ef428f19f1a021adc3eb6399baef185ffaa
YZWgzAoaQ5LRAPgCNc3xIsVvQJha9QJZccCafS3DqlVxLE4WMRbk8CiNxwZkY5mRT0UK4EsRgVWJfmDmrI1djZuLghNzkPRquMcceqjUF-sghkPRaGCGOZB4KNt7FuFTFAVduBhF-Suj9wc2l7NEHlg
E53404281b14002bdcd93d8d6776c817ea810e63380ba5344ccc3a2e259c5499 72
26GaIUVhtsqt0a_wtGFAkvhOXtLtgOzgiZsgdnmpTRVx-WOeGAFJASM3dSErwZcr-daVG8DKMU2NpNGj2OiKbakrKCcrzG360LIlbq0ZTRVcsiAct87rLCbqqZEcDP8TrGHKHb7M1CuZEfAcIcZ0S60
0c740604c3035a94c053121101a4738975181513 5717fb55ef5b397c923419701d97a71998d532ee
C2j7lqrwY6cN32mJWkxvF79orp9W-0qlRP1Ko1kHg2_RxmywZQOQyHY25dwsNKXEoAyQJZPhQa835BX_oJ_1wUtitRpgt-_9_gtja-WeVGDR05LuqQuFX4myPZiqmhJz6a7PmUhB5P6lDY0yOxqXFLk
yt6V8IEsxOA0Xoisne_VN54NviXUO92FboksYG3Fz_Y64217CzVfEgnlPxlVySKfHGxu-nHrzYDhDZn-wN06jgC1oDicTxwoazn6EnFYW_Nfa3mrHNyQ0z75ly1UFtqOG_kcWrbyPFFGvPdIjCgKWWI
K2NiQVfANcfUJWQ3wuxypNhQ0DUNxbY40RIx96WmiBaGSiNiNKnkG0O9FZSmMKukM9N0RqGk4Vo5cZPUL7AcE_etOk5mywL5pui9oEPxfhomEGe-91nF8STd_rI5tl8IEXR9PHvsTYQhrSfNF4Vhlh0
Df14822e1cc5694242b7b1684aaba60303b1fcc6
Q5fKv2kjIygepGZ6TEkcdO2uEU10DdEfuaBOKoYMoFrBIKMlOZSfDQ435qtrWf8Z-fnMoNVHXK2A8DqLNmA5_0s2PUtDbu0PHw6c6f0ZKKGjsutZkN_tDGzOypAkoZ1qOwwO8GO3JjkW6zofzaYJRGc

Ask questions, if they are serious I will try my best to answer them.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: zsombi, zombie, Autismcel and 12 others
brb reading

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51465, SkullDynamics and tigrxs
great thread

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51465, soover4me and tigrxs
good post (y)

• +1
Reactions: soover4me and tigrxs
good thread

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51465, soover4me and tigrxs

• +1
Reactions: zsombi, HardmaxxOrDeath and Deleted member 51465

• +1
Reactions: zsombi and Deleted member 51465

• +1

• +1

• +1
all that for 4 replies

• JFL
  • +1
The importance of fashion and how to dress
by @tigrxs

Table of contents
  • Introduction
  • Why Proportions matter
  • What is a silhouette?
  • The importance of contrast
  • Statement pieces
  • What is sustainable fashion?
  • Why versatility is important
  • Personal style
  • How to layer properly
  • Why fit matters
  • Seasonal colours
  • How to accessorise

Introduction
I have noticed a lack of good threads about fashion. Most of them recommend you to imitate instead of replicate - basically meaning copying instead of taking inspiration. I also commonly see a complete lack of it and that's just stupid. Especially for a forum that claims to have everything ‘From fashion to skincare’.

Proportions
Proportions - the relationship of one thing to another in terms of quantity, size, or number; ratio.

A common rule for proportion is the rule of 3rds, this is basically when you split your outfit into three and each garment should either be ⅓,⅔, or the whole outfit. Another variant of this rule is when you instead focus on splitting your body and not the outfit, the ⅓ rule still applies. However, this rule can be broken but for someone who isn't that deep into fashion, this is generally a good rule.

Another thing for proportion is how the garments fit together, this could be a longer blazer over a tucked shirt which creates varying lengths, and creates nice proportions, and adds contrast.

Silhouette
This is a buzzword thrown around on TikTok a lot, all this refers to is the shape of your outfit; and what your shadow would look like.
8nqIlf6AiQDqcmq1kDfDZSnXKpCzcg8hdpvkSUTrfQFg-zCH0YMsVz7qze4HdqjLVqu6Ghfc-insTBCNEKe1_7EH06vYMZx7feoGW8GtxohM0KgdOTNnOg4NY0PzNMd1gJjSTnf846REmnmxPTTXcnI

A tip for silhouettes is to have varying shapes in your pieces, like having loose-fitting pants with a tight top as this creates a nice outline for the outfit and also gives contrast bringing your attention to it.

Silhouette and proportion often go hand and hand, whereas if you have better proportions you probably have a better silhouette and the same applies for the other way around.

Contrast
Contrast - the state of being strikingly different from something else in juxtaposition or close association
Contrast can be used to quickly grab a person's attention, whether it be with colours or shades - red and black or black and white - or even with shapes, length, or even width. This is used in places outside of fashion and applies to many different things and can even be seen in nature.

Statement pieces
A statement piece is meant to be the focal point of an outfit that draws a person's attention to it and stands out. These often include bold patterns, bright colours, etc and these pieces are good for making your outfit stand out and be unique/memorable.

Sustainable fashion
Sustainable fashion is when someone considers the environmental, social, and ethical impacts that a piece of clothing has. This has led to things like green fashion to make clothes that consider the environment, the health of consumers, and the working conditions of people in the fashion industry.

Versatility
Versatility - the ability to adapt or be adapted to many different functions or activities
Versatility is the flexibility and adaptability of a piece of clothing. This is important to consider when buying clothes, allowing you to save money that you would have spent on something you would have only worn a couple of times a year. Things that will impact versatility are colour, pattern, length, etc.

Personal style
Personal - belonging to or affecting a particular person rather than anyone else.
You should always consider your personal choices of clothing as it is a creative outlet and a way for you to express yourself. It is vital that you make your own choices as this will make making outfits way easier because you’ll actually like the pieces. Your clothes also give you a way to demonstrate a bit of your personality and can greatly affect how you are perceived.

Layering
Layering should be used to create the illusion of a certain shape/silhouette such as wider shoulders or smaller waist.

Tip 1: think about the density of a piece, generally the thicker garments go out the outside and the thinner garments go on the outside. Doing the opposite creates unnecessary volume and looks bulky. The same goes for fitted pieces, typically the more oversized/less fitted pieces go on the outside, and vice versa. However, there are exceptions like when you want to tighten a piece of baggier clothing you would put a tighter piece on top to give it more shape and structure. However, when doing this use a thicker fabric so it keeps it smooth.

Tip 2: Thermals! Thermals can make it so you don't have to add layers upon layers to be warm in colder temperatures allowing you more freedom. It also does the same for heat allowing you to keep more layers on in the summer due to the temperature regulation that the thermals offer.

Tip 3: Every layer needs to work on its own because if for some reason you need to remove a layer it should still look good without it.

Tip 4: keep it simple, too many layers will become bulky and look bad however this is not always the case so just take this how you please.

Tip 5: Variety! Different textures, lengths, thickness, etc. Diversity looks good!

Tip 6: The more visible the item the more effect it has, this means the more the item shows the greater the effect it has. This means that when you put a jacket over something it hides it making it less prominent but if you put that same thing over the jacket it would be more prominent. Hard to understand because it's hard to explain but hopefully you get it, fat boy. So use this to help when you want to stand out or blend in.

l2NBTNp70hEI6sbXlBs_P4mCdDN9m4tf6PjrSd156AD09nxCUGStGYrxqvErGsJ1o2jhtjZ9PQf81fBP8uK7W6MrfLRofH8gUou_jHG1lUCjjHhrMlvtXEwjq294lUNY6XSmHPS7GDEk5BKDoJAVYQM
9RVbae5AkaV8i5gIl2meHtIXamhsIlO9FdFQZz8lh_G9eWi9m2m92WsDQqEoElWAsfmQIksLJw97-AIglIToe0ESTptjot3sCgvpJHH7qFgQpTIXkE3I47fQmfOBJxNIq6T3t6fcvMBFNawtUftnNrs
QmPxYljrRUM4jYjNFH6Ra7CExFczBwRiUfxXBbp7Z8szX1l3W8RoAjEP-Rh6NHQYyle8CmdOpNkkyxlJhmKpLBZSPFur_xGOd_sbccyvmB72GqD-sWMx6A2GfT2yzfcqS8QyCULNqVQkjQKCsjmmiqA
ofZHqxW9RSRIVW6O6PwujUHfUeLf8KT3oivY08HnUwS_qQ1e2pLzDWj5RdbqyszmAMmVzOMMn20kMGYlR5pf9ABFaRquBH4mZc3xtTcD11RFFciaYjJpqumQCTca5QC0dVOsysuW9XSeWKoxMgNOVBw

Fit
How a piece of clothing fits on you and how it looks. This is determined by the material, stiffness, and cut of a garment. This is why someone wearing a sweatshirt may look better than you despite them both being the “same” kind of clothing. Different fits include cropped, straight, baggy, etc. My personal favourites are straight-fit and baggy.

Dress for your body type
Wear pieces that exemplify your good features and hide your unwanted ones. For example, If you’re fat don't wear tight-fitting pieces, it will look unflattering and may even make you look much bigger than you are. Skinny people will always have the easiest time creating outfits due to the fact they are basically a manikin. This will take experimenting and you will need to sit back and reflect on your good and not-so-good features but this is what fashion is, experimenting.
oSoo3QiyXxF98jeE12qRyhNLEtZHRaNHNUe7KGCj6Uuh8RM-IA2iarLu4JKa4Jp310J2GsQt2rS80n7I1rFidtZ83AsrbOl3apPZatiHIPCpCy-a_RvFQDMWi8s6aJgMUtYVHA2GJiG2NvQSicxMsr0
View attachment 2780349

Dress appropriately
Dress for the occasion, and wear clothes that fit the theme, one outfit won’t fit every event. This is vital so that you don't look out of place and stupid for wearing a T-shirt and a pair of jeans to a wedding.

Don't follow trends
You may be tempted to buy that pair of trainers that everyone is wearing, but don’t. Fashion is a forever changing scene and things come and go faster than you could imagine. You may be asking how do you avoid this. Create a timeless wardrobe, this includes things that will always be in fashion. This includes basics like T-shirts, jeans, sweatpants, etc. These are things that will be in fashion until me and you die. Following trends is also bad because the clothes you wear affect how you are perceived and basically shows off your personality and if this doesn't match what you wear it will make you seem off.

Colours
The colours you wear should match you. This can be achieved by first understanding some basic colour theory and what goes well with what. It is also beneficial to learn your undertone (warm, neutral, and cool) as this can make what you wear improve you rather than drown you out. Some basic colour palettes can be found online and there are even websites for them.

• Complimentary colours are colours from the opposite side of the wheel and are high contrast and will appear brighter and more prominent together.
  • Monochromatic colours are three shades, tones, and tints of one colour and create a harmonious look for a subtle colour combination
  • Analogous colours are that are side by side on the colour wheel, this is versatile but can be overwhelming. Choose one dominant colour and use the others as accents.
  • Triadic colours are three colours that are evenly spaced on the colour wheel. This provides a high contrast colour scheme, but less so than the complementary colour. This combination creates bold, vibrant colour palettes.
  • Tetradic colours are four colours that are evenly spaced on the colour wheel. This provides a bold look and works best if you let one colour be dominant, and use the others as accents. The more colours you have in your palette, the more difficult it is to balance.
Tip 1: keep it simple, don't use too many colours. For the average person, I would recommend keeping it to roughly three colours.

COLOR THEORY IN GRAPHICS DESIGN. Color theory is the collection of rules… |  by Gabriel Benjamin | Medium

Seasonal colours
Seasonal colours are the colours that represent every season, for example, winter with white, grey, black, dark green, etc. This is useful for you as this is a natural palate for you to follow and it will also seem like you are in tune with fashion because designers often do clothing in seasons, this will make it appear like you regularly get new clothes.

The essentials
I will only give you the essentials everyone needs and I will leave the rest to you as you need to develop your own style as it shows off your personality and affects how you are perceived so it needs to match.

Tank topsLoose fitting
¾ zipperRegular fit

Tip: in general loose-fitting and straight-cut clothing looks better than tighter form-fitting clothing, but take this with a grain of salt. When you are buying clothes consider the shape, thickness, texture, length, etc as these are all things that will impact how well they go with other pieces.

Accessories
Accessory - a thing which can be added to something else in order to make it more useful, versatile, or attractive.
I recommend simple/plain designs for jewellery and nothing over the top as it's meant to complement not be the main focus in male fashion. Tip 1: When jewellery I recommend you only wear one kind of metal.

View attachment 2780342
QI0VdE_tGHpH3nr7PRR-eZcLIh0BqS82B2zH7obRjnxnhoszXTKRyurz5bj6RSELcA_pfKcrGF5ma8_b9uMNXJZ1ScAJav2d_ToQF-kZyrUZrukSwrDb8-HzqcuU-8uTyMugO5pOKTIP6MNYOtSKPTQ
View attachment 2780346

Tip 3: when wearing rings don't wear too many as it can look crowded. I recommend you wear a statement ring on your index finger and a simple ring on your pinky on your dominant hand and for the other hand I recommend you wear another simple ring on your ring finger on your non-dominant hand.

Tip 4: when wearing watches/wrist accessories don't wear too many as it can look crowded. I recommend one watch and maybe a simple bracelet on the same hand.

Tip 5: when wearing necklaces/chains/pendants make sure they are parallel (v-shaped necklace for a v-neck for example) to the neckline except if it is square, when it’s square wear multiple thin necklaces/chains/pendants
This is actually really good you should try making videos on YouTube. Are u a fashion major?

• +1
Reactions: tigrxs
This is actually really good you should try making videos on YouTube. Are u a fashion major?
no if I was a fashion major I wouldn't even be able to afford a device to reply to you

The importance of fashion and how to dress
by @tigrxs

Table of contents
  • Introduction
  • Why Proportions matter
  • What is a silhouette?
  • The importance of contrast
  • Statement pieces
  • What is sustainable fashion?
  • Why versatility is important
  • Personal style
  • How to layer properly
  • Why fit matters
  • Seasonal colours
  • How to accessorise

Introduction

Proportions

Silhouette

Contrast

Statement pieces

Sustainable fashion

Versatility

Personal style

Layering

Fit

Dress for your body type
View attachment 2780349

Dress appropriately

Don't follow trends

Colours

Seasonal colours

The essentials

Tank topsLoose fitting
¾ zipperRegular fit

Accessories

View attachment 2780342
View attachment 2780346

just becouse a post is well organized with pics it doesn’t mean it’s useful. I could get all this info off tik tok in 15 mins.

• JFL
Reactions: newestofnewgen
just becouse a post is well organized with pics it doesn’t mean it’s useful. I could get all this info off tik tok in 15 mins.
same with every guide, you aren't going to get college level stuff on Looksmax.org

• +1
Reactions: kiyopon
no if I was a fashion major I wouldn't even be able to afford a device to reply to you
Then u should try making yt video to open up looksmaxxing to other individuals

what else am I meant to put on the guide then?

Tru but if they improve and add more details it would genuinely be very useful

same with every guide, you aren't going to get college level stuff on Looksmax.org
Even basic knowledge is now valued as godly nowdays. No braincells.org

dnr cuz fashion is cope, if you're gl anything you wear is good

• Ugh..
Reactions: Gus17
dnr cuz fashion is cope, if you're gl anything you wear is good
fashion isn't cope to certain women, think about the women in art majors, they'll value fashion a lot

fashion isn't cope to certain women, think about the women in art majors, they'll value fashion a lot
fuck them art hoes bro

• JFL
Reactions: zombie
what else am I meant to add then
Nothing if you don’t have the knowledge. There are qualified people that write high quality posts , or at least someone who has been researching for a big while to find things that actually someone might not know.

Nothing if you don’t have the knowledge. There are qualified people that write high quality posts , or at least someone who has been researching for a big while to find things that actually someone might not know.
youre complaining about free information, this information isn't covered on this website so I thought I'd write a thread for it.

• +1
Reactions: kiyopon
youre complaining about free information, this information isn't covered on this website so I thought I'd write a thread for it.
Still not high quality, just high quantity

show me something limited that people might actually never ever knew about
most men wear a t-shirt and jeans everyday and would never even think to layer clothes so be quiet and stop shitting on my thread

• +1
Reactions: hahalol123
most men wear a t-shirt and jeans everyday and would never even think to layer clothes so be quiet and stop shitting on thread
cope

Average life changing greycel post

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL, PsychoDsk and thatrandomteen
youre coping if you think this is basic knowledge that EVERYONE knows
kys you are just trying to have notoriety on here with this “life changing” post. Probably you will since users now have fried brains

kys you are just trying to have notoriety on here with this “life changing” post. Probably you will since users now have fried brains
can you stop im just trying to help people and this was only my first post

nobody is reacting :dafuckfeels:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51465
bump

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51465
Examples of outfits and clothes
These are just basics, you have to find your own unique pieces on your own. Places to find unique pieces you like are Pinterest, TikTok, Thrift shops, Runway shows, etc.
View attachment 2780363
HzC-FckajY0tjPHlHF0DdHRirKM4biewyOC8kQZWCYN66st-sw7dg3rxtWwIAIVYkAh3tz1lUixHqV5wHX-CBPX61vvKK1ikpptFMfqrHGXA--vDS949djk1lXYbTElH5EbAQGRAr_TwFmZA4BG_3hA
IXijBMkIVk9hCE7jgkNGIYVKhfzIpoVtmUZLguy_7bK61hzxZKZ7GZlqvejRBJ3juOYhBFNi5SEy6dA5Ivl5SVRV9QtdUAZCxE3T3GD1T8NSXyI0nN9hw2BwpSksdmlgGj5inXsuRhmd6azcX3YBTYE
View attachment 2780356
XpJBl1meScyFQ95AOwTN3gQKN7xR9SJ5TEkrE4i-aLf-_rp21uFVLSXoHSNdm1XPn2jMgxlzqEyj5Z7W96TVaeWWBlDrKtGvpPEy2phK7pRzk775niK04_NreBp__L81y31ucYyJE6W_xMvaAZupaog
dhArBiCbhYDFEe_tUtcPeKIiCEzBPMi1PoW9kQ0v6KZSXB65RXuM2Ekw-NMyJj9wXpcTMhWhcbl9LuMT6qtJFkFVTOTJ0chjnf6twx8OvSVBHnG7F-2A8Ln7-52bynGEwAjxJOooUWGgAcrsUP9VEp0
zTsD9OM1NP6ixTG1o5IaEtmDXcEiBCg5Ebt4ztlTI8LpjTPgslOu3lqHh-s179OKEg-jhOjzKnTRy4xtPPGzEZ_1q0v1JTF-EaZcwSUW39PpWTAf4-U7uJ0LG_fmIB9lVJWlSFarJFa1o06pgGzM3kM
HOFeTpbjAMDzaAid83hgwafmXvNt4aEJpyxZSAYeKdGtwsqwc86kE9FaQ27jCdciUmZmwdceHI36mlXuHPvpKnrzIMqdjTdKB130TX3BhEgVuXOSyT4iEf7b6NbgRukwniLNF-rJKEGgEQjypdC8VKw
xC1rFUPJazaPHtocS1wfsp14gBk1m5Pcoo4UWiPCBPJROgyUTOZUyt8VQ4Be1EOBngpCKNFG72DZ_SJUhnjCQvoKpCZK46o4gfE7vQgvI70I3sVEpJU3ggVYMUsVMYtQv_mM_KwADQxugLEgDs066b4
View attachment 2780359
AbJsddZa-QLVl61eRLfp2vzBbLRG4I09H5qsB5Tnn-qxtV2L5u_IgbEB-BmDicBYCc2ixu3JxjFBOBkIMCoRHvs5aZvwYAv9sulEPdXXEs6z6iwPbEhtbtkmrUJ51tGUd8hYbEuStD4cB8XtWOzsSxc
kKzMmoksFIYN9igQWUlDDI7UjYYp7YTs-SuGq9IYHgW4bW9OJoS9LIdIUy3bw0EHGhMOQfRMgLBsqiBubsYwSxRKK5O_CDsu30Lq12fJy09-NixcWQVLI-8FfGd5J5pJmzwx6CGQYVS-7HjNdLjFEh0
View attachment 2780357View attachment 2780355
tmhimpSxFqeTzqLkzzOKIOYs66ib0FKrr70Ofxq3-JXJzHDGDbf4AzSGSIDw_k-weMn5ouseZoL_5OFlztDbsr5TO4qXewyubFEqIENDLQ6fBP-LxmLIos9hwfW9lQWtkpyT3xGqldEnlA9PO7svbE4
ystQdS54OFLeGaXyupFBwGsA1_rGvmS8N7kWu-GPbdWwfSqaZRcPqI2u48TJ8V6os-7dZdKsu843rTivp8AJlEVxECtjlXRGab7Lf0PUlieoj2UeP6zgAGUXILcnHxIk43n4Dh6v1YjdwMA7frkmoWY
View attachment 2780360View attachment 2780358
YZWgzAoaQ5LRAPgCNc3xIsVvQJha9QJZccCafS3DqlVxLE4WMRbk8CiNxwZkY5mRT0UK4EsRgVWJfmDmrI1djZuLghNzkPRquMcceqjUF-sghkPRaGCGOZB4KNt7FuFTFAVduBhF-Suj9wc2l7NEHlg
View attachment 2780361
26GaIUVhtsqt0a_wtGFAkvhOXtLtgOzgiZsgdnmpTRVx-WOeGAFJASM3dSErwZcr-daVG8DKMU2NpNGj2OiKbakrKCcrzG360LIlbq0ZTRVcsiAct87rLCbqqZEcDP8TrGHKHb7M1CuZEfAcIcZ0S60
View attachment 2780354View attachment 2780364
C2j7lqrwY6cN32mJWkxvF79orp9W-0qlRP1Ko1kHg2_RxmywZQOQyHY25dwsNKXEoAyQJZPhQa835BX_oJ_1wUtitRpgt-_9_gtja-WeVGDR05LuqQuFX4myPZiqmhJz6a7PmUhB5P6lDY0yOxqXFLk
yt6V8IEsxOA0Xoisne_VN54NviXUO92FboksYG3Fz_Y64217CzVfEgnlPxlVySKfHGxu-nHrzYDhDZn-wN06jgC1oDicTxwoazn6EnFYW_Nfa3mrHNyQ0z75ly1UFtqOG_kcWrbyPFFGvPdIjCgKWWI
K2NiQVfANcfUJWQ3wuxypNhQ0DUNxbY40RIx96WmiBaGSiNiNKnkG0O9FZSmMKukM9N0RqGk4Vo5cZPUL7AcE_etOk5mywL5pui9oEPxfhomEGe-91nF8STd_rI5tl8IEXR9PHvsTYQhrSfNF4Vhlh0
View attachment 2780362
Q5fKv2kjIygepGZ6TEkcdO2uEU10DdEfuaBOKoYMoFrBIKMlOZSfDQ435qtrWf8Z-fnMoNVHXK2A8DqLNmA5_0s2PUtDbu0PHw6c6f0ZKKGjsutZkN_tDGzOypAkoZ1qOwwO8GO3JjkW6zofzaYJRGc

Ask questions, if they are serious I will try my best to answer them.
Read every molecule WHY NOT BOTB?

• +1
Reactions: tigrxs
Still not high quality, just high quantity
exactly lol
and npcs will click the react button just because le long text
these GrAYs who joined 1 day ago writing chatgptmaxxed water walls of text in hopes they wont be called graycels anymore, in hopes that they will be perceived as high iq and in hopes they ascend from repceldom or get in BOTB maby is so fucking funny

• +1
Reactions: thatrandomteen
exactly lol
and npcs will click the react button just because le long text
these GrAYs who joined 1 day ago writing chatgptmaxxed water walls of text in hopes they wont be called graycels anymore, in hopes that they will be perceived as high iq and in hopes they ascend from repceldom or get in BOTB maby is so fucking funny
why are people getting mad at me posting?

Those outfits suck ass

• +1
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL
IDGAF, i just pick clothes with a nice fit, fuck all those trends.

It'll get more attention over time
im hoping it does because so far half of the attention has been people calling it bad and telling me to get off the site