The importance of having a goal (motivation, depression, (in)sanity)

Deleted member 6963

Deleted member 6963

Overlord
Many people are being blown around like leaves in the wind, without a direction, desperately clinging onto every bit of hope and vulnerable to every oh-so promising, world explaining idea.

It's essential to know what you want to achieve and why you're doing what you're doing.
Having a goal is obviously just the beginning, working towards said goal just as important.

This is more important now than ever with (weaponized) information overload leaving (young) people desultory and drowning in a sea of wrong decisions.

@sytyl @EktoPlasma @TraumatisedOgre @brbbrah @TsarTsar444 @uglymug @PubertyMaxxer @BigBiceps @looksmaxxer234 @n0rthface @Nameless_Sunflower @Pietrosiek @Niko @PingPong @Lev Peshkov

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ALP, BrettyBoy, Lux and 16 others
Many people are being blown around like leaves in the wind, without a direction, desperately clinging onto every bit of hope and vulnerable to every oh-so promising, world explaining idea.

It's essential to know what you want to achieve and why you're doing what you're doing.
Having a goal is obviously just the beginning, working towards said goal just as important.

This is more important now than ever with (weaponized) information overload leaving (young) people desultory and drowning in a sea of wrong decisions.

@sytyl @EktoPlasma @TraumatisedOgre @brbbrah @TsarTsar444 @uglymug @PubertyMaxxer @BigBiceps @looksmaxxer234 @n0rthface @Nameless_Sunflower @Pietrosiek @Niko @PingPong @Lev Peshkov
Extremely good post

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Lux, Deleted member 3828 and Deleted member 6963
Good advice but literally opposing my adhd brain :forcedsmile:

• So Sad
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Deleted member 14323, Deleted member 3828 and 1 other person
the problem is most true goals are impossible to achieve. with social media you are comparing yourself to athletes, presidents, CEOs. you can try to fool yourself with negligible goals but in the end your true desire will take over.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963
My main goal is to blow up and then act like I dont know nobody.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 3828, Ethniframementalcel, Deleted member 6963 and 1 other person
the problem is most true goals are impossible to achieve. with social media you are comparing yourself to athletes, presidents, CEOs. you can try to fool yourself with negligible goals but in the end your true desire will take over.
I stopped using Instagram (and Snapchat to a degree) and I don't regret it at all tbh.
And obviously, not everyone is going to be a CEO or an athlete, but "negligible goals" for some might be big goals for others.
And who knows how unrealistic some of those "big" goals are - depends on your situation of course. Don't live in a virtual fake world.

Knowing that you do A today, to get to B tomorrow and achieve C in a year, will put you in a better position than many.

• +1
Reactions: Lux, Pietrosiek, PubertyMaxxer and 1 other person
My goal is to revolutiomize Distraction Osteogenesis Surgery so it can be used Precisely for the smallest bones

• +1
My goal is to revolutiomize Distraction Osteogenesis Surgery so it can be used Precisely for the smallest bones
But that is kind of utopian tbh, too big of a goal

• +1

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 3828, Deleted member 4430 and Deleted member 6963
I'm mirin how specific that goal is tbh.

But that is kind of utopian tbh, too big of a goal
I mean not necessarily.. I doubt that many people are working on it, so if you get a degree in a related field and maybe start researching that with the support of professors or whatever, it's not that unrealistic.

Brutal but yeah... Being a great "scientist" or "researcher" won't make people appreciate you.
You need to know how to market yourself and have a sense of business..

Obviously all easier said than done and might seem kinda "water" to many, but I realized myself how much better and more motivated I felt when I could answer a question related to the topic for myself.

• +1
Reactions: Lux and PubertyMaxxer
Like in Genshin Impact?

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer