The importance of intelligence vs perceived intelligence

D

Deleted member 17430

Manlet
I see a lot of people dismissing the importance of intelligence in attraction, so I think it's important to point this out:

Intelligence is very attractive, provided you have the looks to back it up. Women would rather be with a good looking guy who is smart than one who isn't. They might even prefer an intelligent HTN over a chad. Although what really counts isn't intelligence itself, but perceived intelligence. It's how intelligent you appear to be when express yourself, your argumentative ability, social skills, street smarts, etc.

For example, this guy is a genius, but he sounds like a retard:

Women don't give a shit if this guy can solve any math problem and got 160 on an IQ test. When you listen to him speaking, he sounds like an idiot. External evidence may prove that he is smart, but that doesn't matter. Our primal subconsciousness will never see him that way. We instinctively perceive him as incapable and wouldn't trust him to do anything important. Autism is brutal because it negates the value of any intelligence you may have. Decent social / speaking skills are fundamental to sounding smart, more so than actual intelligence.

Having a deep voice with good enunciation, speaking slowly but uninterruptedly with confidence and being good at public speaking are all things that make you sound smarter than you are. I have been read and treated as unintelligent very often throughout my life due to lacking those qualities and it has been brutal. My voice isn't deep and I have a lisp. I can't count how many times this has led people to assume I'm dumb and the way they behave towards me made that crystal clear. It's sad really. A lot of people have actually come out and told me that I'm much smarter than they thought after getting to know me better. It makes me sad to think that many people who know me on a surface level assume that I'm an idiot. I'm working hard to reduce my lisp and I'm looking at ways to make my voice deeper.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: spirili, Brazitard, Okkypras and 13 others
Most under rated thread. High iq take. Why is no one talking about this

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Yellowskies, Deleted member 17829 and Deleted member 17430
have been read and treated as unintelligent very often throughout my life due to lacking those qualities and it has been brutal. My voice isn't deep and I have a lisp. I can't count how many times this has led people to assume I'm dumb and the way they behave towards me made that crystal clear. It's sad really. A lot of people have actually come out and told me that I'm much smarter than they thought after getting to know me better. It makes me sad to think that many people who know me on a surface level assume that I'm an idiot. I'm working hard to reduce my lisp and I'm looking at ways to make my voice deeper.

Yes, my recordings were modified yet I am quite intelligent also.

Observe:

It may be true, I think.

I have a deep, slow, rather masculine voice. In general I have an upper class type appearance (clothes, hair, etc.).

I guess a lot of women correlate being intelligent with being upper class, and it gives the feeling that you might be a man of status.
Having a face that can be perceived as a trait of intelligence is quite influential, plus it builds more confidence.

• +1
Reactions: Sexually Disabled and LooksOrDeath
That is, most people associate intelligence with white people and blacks with lower intelligence, and the same with Indians.

“They might even prefer an intelligent HTN over a chad.”

Yeah bro Richard Ramirez was so intelligent, he dropped out of high school to kill people and to rape grannies and little boys wow boyo. :feelsuhh:
9C5C1044 4678 4DDE 8944 F0FCDFFEAFC3

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and stevielake
Women don’t care about intelligence unless you are clinically retarded. (Although there’s even women who simp for chads with autism JFL)

They just want to be fucked.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AlexanderTheGreat
Most women and people can’t accurately identify a genius. Partly because they are midwits themselves who have no experience with them and partly because they lack the intelligence to recognise higher thought.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17791 and Zeruel
His biggest failo is not that he sounds retarded, he's ugly and bald first of all, most women won't even stop to listen to what he has to say...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17430
His biggest failo is not that he sounds retarded, he's ugly and bald first of all, most women won't even stop to listen to what he has to say...
Just listen to the audio of the video and imagine a normie in his place. He still sounds like a retard

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath
Just listen to the audio of the video and imagine a normie in his place. He still sounds like a retard
Here's a deaf & dumb Chad that sounds just as retarded, but the girls are simping for him, even though he's most likely gay:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksOrDeath and Zeruel
Women don’t care about intelligence unless you are clinically retarded. (Although there’s even women who simp for chads with autism JFL)

+1. This without question. Seen it myself.

• +1
Reactions: IhateDentists and Zeruel

If you sound smart, you will come across as a leader and a problem solver.

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath
  • JFL
Reactions: Zeruel
Women don't give a shit if this guy can solve any math problem and got 160 on an IQ test.
For example, this guy is a genius, but he sounds like a retard:

That guy probably spent his whole life to become a high iq mensa society man. I don't think he is actually that smart. I mean the only thing he is talking about on his youtube is iq levels, like he has no other interests other than iq. Is that smart? If he had something else to say, like saying he had a 1600 sat or something then I would take him more serious.

Having a deep voice with good enunciation, speaking slowly but uninterruptedly with confidence and being good at public speaking are all things that make you sound smarter than you are.
This is very true. A deep voice isn't as necessary as having a clear,slow voice. Voice depth helps as well but it doesn't really benefit you if it's a nasal sounding voice.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17430
your height is your confidence your voice is your personality

I have a habit of using words uncommon words over three syllables, it used to blow the minds of the low class foids I spoke to

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: poopoohead and AlexanderTheGreat
I have a habit of using words uncommon words over three syllables, it used to blow the minds of the low class foids I spoke to
Doesn't work for me. It's a pussy dehumidifier really.

Doesn't work for me. It's a pussy dehumidifier really.
yes it works the same way for me as a pussy drier altho I did have one girl who appeared to like me who found it "funny"
Also mirin sig

• +1
Intelligence is an attractive trait. Perceived intelligence is a very attractive trait.
It won't make a girl want to jump on your dick on its own, but if you're a high-iq autismcel, learning how to show off your intelligence is probably one of the best moves you can make.

• +1
Intelligence is an attractive trait. Perceived intelligence is a very attractive trait.
It won't make a girl want to jump on your dick on its own, but if you're a high-iq autismcel, learning how to show off your intelligence is probably one of the best moves you can make.
How do you think one can do that?
I have thought a lot about it, and tried many different ways... but none of them work as foids are never interested in high IQ talk, leave alone the autistic bullshit.

I mean, 90% of "High IQ incels" just have no social skills.

You have to raise your perceived intelligence to actual intelligence

getting real world qualifications, learning how to tell stories, massively decreasing the socially awkward bullshit via exposure to social situations, etc.

fact is most "intelligent" guys have no situational/social awareness and so they think that expressing intelligence is about correcting people - especially women - in order to gain status by looking smart. Realistically, this is the worst thing you can do.

Intelligence is one of those things that speaks for itself. girls and people in general will know if you're intelligent by the way you talk. the more you tell them, the less it seems true and the more it seems you're compensating.

It's like being a tough guy; girls can already tell if you're tough by your muscles, body language, etc. guy who tells everyone he's a badass black belt in judo or whatever looks like a bellend. it's the same with intelligence

• +1
I mean, 90% of "High IQ incels" just have no social skills.

You have to raise your perceived intelligence to actual intelligence

getting real world qualifications, learning how to tell stories, massively decreasing the socially awkward bullshit via exposure to social situations, etc.

fact is most "intelligent" guys have no situational/social awareness and so they think that expressing intelligence is about correcting people - especially women - in order to gain status by looking smart. Realistically, this is the worst thing you can do.

Intelligence is one of those things that speaks for itself. girls and people in general will know if you're intelligent by the way you talk. the more you tell them, the less it seems true and the more it seems you're compensating.

It's like being a tough guy; girls can already tell if you're tough by your muscles, body language, etc. guy who tells everyone he's a badass black belt in judo or whatever looks like a bellend. it's the same with intelligence
Tbh, I know all of this to be true, but I've always claimed intelligence is only for betabuxxing because all the results you wrote about how to display intelligence (achievements etc) take multiple years to manifest, and even have high degree of risk involved in whether you get those achievements or not. So by the time you actually get to reap the rewards you'll be oldcel and only thing you'll be capable of is betabuxxing and being provider male (and let's not forget that provider males are being wiped out from population right now)

Tbh, I know all of this to be true, but I've always claimed intelligence is only for betabuxxing because all the results you wrote about how to display intelligence (achievements etc) take multiple years to manifest, and even have high degree of risk involved in whether you get those achievements or not. So by the time you actually get to reap the rewards you'll be oldcel and only thing you'll be capable of is betabuxxing and being provider male (and let's not forget that provider males are being wiped out from population right now)

"oldcel" and "betabux" are weak terms.

If you're a teenager, go to a high status uni instead of a shit one. Oxbridge or MIT instead of Bumfuck Community College, Iowa.

You'll still be 22 when you finish either way.

And then start your own business at 25. You'll end up 30 anyway. Better to be a successful 30 year old than an average one.

Get very good at a high IQ hobby. Win a chess tournament, write a novel, become fluent in some sexy language.

These are all things which are very high in perceived intelligence.

Or you can autismmax and use your intelligence to argue with strangers on reddit about whether Trump was the worst president in history and get nothing. This is low perceived intelligence even though you might be high iq.

Most people who think they're high IQ are just people who think they're smart but who spend their time trying to win arguments. You need to use your intelligence to be the opposite.

"oldcel" and "betabux" are weak terms.

If you're a teenager, go to a high status uni instead of a shit one. Oxbridge or MIT instead of Bumfuck Community College, Iowa.

You'll still be 22 when you finish either way.

And then start your own business at 25. You'll end up 30 anyway. Better to be a successful 30 year old than an average one.

Get very good at a high IQ hobby. Win a chess tournament, write a novel, become fluent in some sexy language.

These are all things which are very high in perceived intelligence.

Or you can autismmax and use your intelligence to argue with strangers on reddit about whether Trump was the worst president in history and get nothing. This is low perceived intelligence even though you might be high iq.

Most people who think they're high IQ are just people who think they're smart but who spend their time trying to win arguments. You need to use your intelligence to be the opposite.
This is all pure cope. At 30 years of age you're not going to get anything more than betabuxx, or scrap material foids. And not to mention that just the stress of doing something of your own is gonna descend you hard in terms of looks by the time you are 30.

"Win a chess tournament". JFL... this is the same as saying "just be chad".

Trump was the worst president in history (or probably low IQ), or at least so you claim, and yet he is banging a stacy and became president just because of looks (isn't becoming pres high perceived intelligence)... so IQ is cope.

And no, I'm not a basement dweller, I have achieved many high IQ things, but none of that has made any contribution in terms of slaying. And I make this claim after doing dozens of experiments presenting myself as high-achiever/low-achiever, and high-IQ/low-IQ to different foids. None of those made a difference.

that guy wasn't born normal. his features are deformed and he likely has strong internal and mental deformities as well. i suspect, as per usual with geniuses, they suffered brain damage in the womb or during the birth process and the brain had to be repaired.

they care about it during their settling phase, which could be quite young for certain females in certain societies. that's why ugly high iq people don't off themselves immediately, they believe they still have hope.

• JFL
Reactions: Zeruel
This is all pure cope. At 30 years of age you're not going to get anything more than betabuxx, or scrap material foids. And not to mention that just the stress of doing something of your own is gonna descend you hard in terms of looks by the time you are 30.

"Win a chess tournament". JFL... this is the same as saying "just be chad".

Trump was the worst president in history (or probably low IQ), or at least so you claim, and yet he is banging a stacy and became president just because of looks (isn't becoming pres high perceived intelligence)... so IQ is cope.

And no, I'm not a basement dweller, I have achieved many high IQ things, but none of that has made any contribution in terms of slaying. And I make this claim after doing dozens of experiments presenting myself as high-achiever/low-achiever, and high-IQ/low-IQ to different foids. None of those made a difference.

With respect, you've misread 90% of what I said and taken it personally when it wasn't directed at you. You also can't tell the difference between a rule and an illustrative example.

I don't think being High IQ is your problem. You can barely read.

• +1
With respect, you've misread 90% of what I said and taken it personally when it wasn't directed at you. You also can't tell the difference between a rule and an illustrative example.

I don't think being High IQ is your problem. You can barely read.
Dude... I am not putting your arguments down or claiming they are false in any case. I myself want to understand what you're trying to say. I'm indeed bringing my own bias into the argument... but that is the point of a discussion right?

And no I am not claiming high IQ is my problem, never have (although I am pretty sure it's a pussy drier).

Would love if you could point out where I misread your points.

Dude... I am not putting your arguments down or claiming they are false in any case. I myself want to understand what you're trying to say. I'm indeed bringing my own bias into the argument... but that is the point of a discussion right?

And no I am not claiming high IQ is my problem, never have (although I am pretty sure it's a pussy drier).

Would love if you could point out where I misread your points.

OK man. Sorry I was a bit of a dickhead there.

The point I was making about being an oldcel; we're all going to get old anyway. You maximise whatever you have. If you have intelligence, then you maximise that as you get older: you're getting older anyway.

If you're talking about slaying exclusively as a teens-college thing where you get 16-18 year old girls, then yeah, outside of very specific circumstances, intelligence won't help you. But I think you would be surprised at how quickly intelligence starts to become more of a status booster IF it's applied right.

So, I went to a top Uni. I don't think I've said which in public, but some people from the site know. At the time, it didn't matter. But let's say you're 25 years old, average-cel. Talking to a girl. She doesn't see anything interesting about you. But you went to MIT. Suddenly, you have more status.

Because outside of looks, status is probably the no. 1 thing that drives women's mate choices. (and really, looks are just a form of status.)
Intelligence is something that can give you status in a lot of ways; that's why I used examples like winning a chess tournament, starting a business, getting a good degree. All those things CAN (not necessarily do) give you added status.

Let's talk about betabuxxing; I think it's mostly bullshit unless you are a simp who marries girls or you pay for whores. Why? Because girls are attracted to status. IF you use money for status, then you become more attractive. This is to prime girls.

I'm nowhere near maxxed out on status, but it is FAR easier to date 21 year old girls for me now at 31 than it was at 21. Are they trying to hook me as a betabux? Maybe, but probably not. They just want the status rub that 21 year old Barry didn't give them. Are they more attracted to oldcel me than youngcel me? Yes... because when I was a youngcel, no girls wanted to date me. Now they do.

Was I intelligent as a youngcel? Yes.
Was I perceived as a winner? No.

Perceived intelligence = how do you use your intelligence to "win."

The fact is, if you're on Looksmax, you probably aren't a stereotypical chad slayer. You aren't the 17 year old Dwayne Johnson who's already 6'5 and 200lb+ lean. The sad thing is... you won't ever be.

But you can maxx out your other attributes and find a different way to win. For smarter youngcels, might be starting a rock band (confers massive status,) and for some, might be becoming a doctor.

At the end of it, we all have to find our own way to win and if you're High IQ, then you can use that to win.

The reason I mentioned the Trump stuff is because a lot of High IQ people "use their intelligence" to win arguments on the internet. It doesn't fucking matter one bit to your life if you can win an argument on reddit - you gain no benefit from that and your intelligence is wasted. So, don't do it. You're better off, as a High IQ cel, learning some stupid shit that proves you are high IQ and then demonstrating it.

So as an example; getting good at chess. Is that a turn on? No. Does winning a chess tournament improve your status? Yes.
On its own, no girl will drop her panties for a chess champion. But a chess champion is a bigger winner to her than a guy who goes to a house party and wants to debate her on whether Trump is evil or not.

I guess in summary; intelligence as a panty-wetter? Not on its own. But Intelligence is a very valuable tool when it comes to increasing status relative to your competition. And this gets more powerful as you get older. so if you're a high IQ guy, you should do your best to develop it in whatever ways are unique to you.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17829
Obviously I agree with most of the points you mention, and I know many of them are true too. But...
The point I was making about being an oldcel; we're all going to get old anyway. You maximise whatever you have. If you have intelligence, then you maximise that as you get older: you're getting older anyway.
Tbh, only an oldcel would claim something like that.
If you're talking about slaying exclusively as a teens-college thing where you get 16-18 year old girls, then yeah, outside of very specific circumstances, intelligence won't help you. But I think you would be surprised at how quickly intelligence starts to become more of a status booster IF it's applied right.
*if it's applied right, and *you've got immense amount of luck on your side*.
Keep spending 100 hour workweeks on applying your intelligence, and that too on something that comes with immense amount of risk, and severe consequences on failure. Not to mention the stress from those 100 hour workweeks is going to rape your collagen and hair by the time you would be considered a 'dateable' human. JFL.

But let's say you're 25 years old, average-cel. Talking to a girl. She doesn't see anything interesting about you. But you went to MIT. Suddenly, you have more status.
No you don't. Just plain no. No girl is gonna become interested in you just because you went to MIT. Many of my high school friends went to top unis, and I have hung out with them together to chase girls.
Because outside of looks, status is probably the no. 1 thing that drives women's mate choices. (and really, looks are just a form of status.
Yes.
Intelligence is something that can give you status in a lot of ways; that's why I used examples like winning a chess tournament, starting a business, getting a good degree. All those things CAN (not necessarily do) give you added status
Every foid has degree these days. Your degree is not a halo in the developed world anymore.
Mark Zuckerberg, the youngest billionaire had to apply JBW even after starting a business. Ain't no even becky for you just for starting a business.

Let's talk about betabuxxing; I think it's mostly bullshit unless you are a simp who marries girls or you pay for whores. Why? Because girls are attracted to status. IF you use money for status, then you become more attractive. This is to prime girls.
Fine, we can say that. After all, everything comes with baggage, even looksmatching.

I'm nowhere near maxxed out on status, but it is FAR easier to date 21 year old girls for me now at 31 than it was at 21. Are they trying to hook me as a betabux? Maybe, but probably not. They just want the status rub that 21 year old Barry didn't give them. Are they more attracted to oldcel me than youngcel me? Yes... because when I was a youngcel, no girls wanted to date me. Now they do
Took you 10 years to become a dateable human. And very small amount of that progress I can attribute to "intelligence"... Most successes in life are just largely luck-based. Intelligence improves your luck by a very small amount.

On its own, no girl will drop her panties for a chess champion. But a chess champion is a bigger winner to her than a guy who goes to a house party and wants to debate her on whether Trump is evil or not
If the other guy at the party is higher PSL or taller than you, he is the bigger winner irrespective of whether he talks about Trump or not. She will drop her panties for him whereas you will have to run "game" with your "intelligence", just to break her bitch wall.
I guess in summary; intelligence as a panty-wetter? Not on its own. But Intelligence is a very valuable tool when it comes to increasing status relative to your competition. And this gets more powerful as you get older. so if you're a high IQ guy, you should do your best to develop it in whatever ways are unique to you
1. You are 'dateable' at 31 simply because you have more resources compared to the 21 year old guy her age. This is simply a result of time, nothing to do with intelligence. If you were average intelligence, you'd get the same results because you'll still be able to get some resources by 31.
2. Intelligence, and creativity are extremely high risk-reward strategies evolutionarily speaking. Most high IQ people fail, only a very few break out. And luck has a large role to play in who breaks out. The median result/benefit of any IQ/creativity based work is zero. Eg: Most original songs are never downloaded even once. Majority of businesses fail within 5 years.
3. Humans haven't evolved to appreciate intelligence in a sexual manner
Even if you increase your perceived intelligence through some way, your results will be lackluster compared to some college athlete (even an HTN college athlete). Hence, intelligence is the biggest cope.