The importance of maxilla and why most people fail to rate properly (High IQ only)

Manana

Manana

Gold
Introduction

The importance of upper and lower maxilla has been noted in many threads but it is good to have a little reminder.

I am a big maxilla believer (by that I mean upper maxilla and mandible). I will propose a thesis, expose fraudsters amongst PSL gods and try to guide new (and old) users to rating more precisely.

Forward Growth

Forward growth is a staple of attractive faces. Healthy faces should grow forward which indicates health and is also imposing (as your face takes more space; also the reason why big skulls are more attractive).

I truly believe it is extremely hard to be consider very attractive in motion without good maxillary projection. It's a trait that seperates attractive people from unattractive the most.

So why are Chico and Bassi considered "PSL Gods" ?

Men amongst gods

The answer to the proposed question lies in how we look at people we judge. The pictures we rate from are still, frozen in time and almost always frontal. It's a flawed method.

People are always moving, changing facial expressions, and most people don't fit the same looks level from different angles.

Forward growth does help you look better from a frontal view too, but it's real importance is in motion.

That brings us to 2 most overrated 'psl gods' in my opinion. I can understand Chico's popularity and appeal more because he has a huge skull with no real falios and incredible symmetry and harmony. He is pleasant to look at from the front.

2c83b35d44a8beee98e9f9924939600c

Here we have Chico from different angles. Does he look equally good from all of these? Is he the same looks level, same percantage of rarity looks-wise from every angle?

The answer is of course no. In fact most wouldn't even recognise him from side view (here people would because that picture is famous in its own). His poor forward growth makes his 3/4 look quite average aswell as there is no needed depth and his symmetry and soft features are less noticeable.

That's because upper maxilla and mandible projection mogs in motion. While symmetry, jaw width, and good proportions mog in frontal view.

Let's decimate Basso real quick.

Honestly :lul: if you think Basso is peak male aesthetics. It was actually hard to find his profile and 3/4 view without him tilting his head (even he knows he is deformed).

0249001a4c4eef45a7c37d205768dbaf

Dd vitobasso 21

Peak male :lul::lul::lul::lul:

His side profile is so garbage I feel bad for him. What a fraud. 3/4 is a bit better because his abnormal zygos (his biggest halo) is making his ogee curve pronounced. It's still laughable because upper maxilla absolutely mogs from angles between front and side. That's our next topic.

Upper Maxilla will always be underrated

Upper maxilla is the absolute key to aesthetics in real life. There are many good threads about this and it's absolutely true.

The reason it will always be underrated even here is because it has a motion dependent value and we judge mostly from the front.

Subject 1: Jordan Barret.

Barret is a good example of someone with too much upper maxillary projection which is then leaning to too feminine and that's why he gets all the hate. But I will use him as a positive example of a good upper maxilla and how it helps him look attracitve from various angles which translates to real life.

I BLAME FRAME53448

MV5BMjE3MjY0MDY1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDc5MzA1MDI V1
MV5BMTEyMTU2NzgwODleQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDMzOTkyNDkx V1

I know none of the pictures I used are candid but we are focusing strictly on bones now.
I would say he looks equally good from every angle.

Now look at this bizzare angle Chico would never take a picture from because he has no upper maxilla.

5863f3aee4b0c5258f70d773 5863f3c7e4b0c5258f70fd32 p854x570

To no suprise Barret looks great from here aswell, even better than from other angles I would say.

That's because upper maxilla mogs in every angle; but especially close to 60 degrees.
That's my thesis at least.

Subject 2 : Chace Crawford

I don't think anyone has ever thought of Crawford as a giga mogger (maybe teens watching Gossip Girl ) but he looks insane in motion due to his developed maxilla.

00b7c29bf535a214cc6c9482fc5e20ac

41eI7Ssg7dL AC UF8941000 QL80

4bc81b6e6854a3719b9234270a7d379a

Looks better from other angles than from the front. Obviously his frontal is lacking a bit and his forward growth is excellent which makes him look better in motion.

And here is the 60 degree view I think exaggerates upper maxilla's worth the most.

Preuzmi 2

Now let's go back to chico 3/4 shot
Tumblr ltc63zn6l81qhd1wso1 500

:lul::lul::lul::lul::lul: Point proven.

Can't win without mandible

For the upper maxilla havers that don't have developed mandibles to match- I am sorry.
Unless you're a female then noone would notice of course :lul:.

I struggled to find examples of this. I found this "mewing ascension". Looks like a posture + looksmaxxing change but it's irrelevant at the moment. The point is that a nicely developed upper maxilla requires better developed mandible. He went from subhuman to htn because his mandible now isn't too far back.

Mewing receding chin before and after 1

Having a great upper maxillary projection isn't enough on it's own (nothing is for men). It actually makes your recessed mandible even more of a falio. So before you celebrate good upper maxilla, please notice the lack of mandible protrusion and you will realise why women still hate you. We need everything.

Ideal

So what is ideal? Top tier advancement of both with overall maesthetic features (to avoid the Barret trap ; being too feminine).

2 absolute giga chads come to mind. 2 of the best looking men I have seen pictures of.

If you learned anything pause here and guess.

It's Hexum and Stepanov of course.

S l1600

D0722169cf5aaddd120efbf6e522d50f
MV5BZWRiMjg0NGUtZDczMS00MWI1LWFmMzktMmJhOThmYzZiNDcxL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzk3NTUwOQ

Looksmaxing god vasily stepanov best facial harmony ever v0 d8gg0fg0sv3d1
Tumblr pieegrjLxn1tawi76o7 r2 500
8iq614cqizh91

They look absolutely insane from every angle. Good development of both upper maxilla and the mandible makes you a giga chad by default.
If Chico and Basso ever went near these 2 they would cease to exist; their SMV would drop to 0.

You can't mog forward growth in motion with gook faces. It is not possible.

For raters

Please take facial depth more into consideration when rating.

Attachments

• bf7ee468ceae5d1bcdbcb6745d592afa.jpg
    bf7ee468ceae5d1bcdbcb6745d592afa.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 0
  • d255bf7b1baeb7c13e80fe7030041d35.jpeg
    d255bf7b1baeb7c13e80fe7030041d35.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 0
  • JORDAN_00.jpg
    JORDAN_00.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 5863f3aee4b0c5258f70d773_5863f3c7e4b0c5258f70fd32_p854x570.jpg
    5863f3aee4b0c5258f70d773_5863f3c7e4b0c5258f70fd32_p854x570.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: greycel, ducktruck, jacobrb07 and 22 others
how tf can u tell if u have a good upper maxilla

ik my lower is good but i have no clue abt my upper

• +1
Reactions: no-mogger-no-cry, Detective, Heinrich Schmidt and 3 others
Some niggas' maxillas just ain't maxillin'

• JFL
Reactions: ducktruck, boss8055, silencio and 8 others

I have seen just 1 picture of you and to me it looks like your upper maxilla is well developed.

Great mandible projection somewhat negates upper maxilla in a way that it often puts you into maesthtic teritory, while weaker mandible on a greatly developed upper maxilla puts you into pretty boy teritory (Barret, Crawford) Both have good mandibles but yours looks more developed and taller therefore more maesthetic.

What's ideal for you depends on soft features and a 100 different things because aesthetics are very complicated.

But I wouldn't worry, your forward growth looks close to ideal to me.

• +1
Reactions: jacobrb07, boss8055, Clavicular and 1 other person
Nice

• +1
Reactions: Manana

Best argument I have seen for maxilla in one image

• JFL
Reactions: Manana and arabcelxxx
Introduction

The importance of upper and lower maxilla has been noted in many threads but it is good to have a little reminder.

I am a big maxilla believer (by that I mean upper maxilla and mandible). I will propose a thesis, expose fraudsters amongst PSL gods and try to guide new (and old) users to rating more precisely.

Forward Growth

Forward growth is a staple of attractive faces. Healthy faces should grow forward which indicates health and is also imposing (as your face takes more space; also the reason why big skulls are more attractive).

I truly believe it is extremely hard to be consider very attractive in motion without good maxillary projection. It's a trait that seperates attractive people from unattractive the most.

Men amongst gods

The answer to the proposed question lies in how we look at people we judge. The pictures we rate from are still, frozen in time and almost always frontal. It's a flawed method.

People are always moving, changing facial expressions, and most people don't fit the same looks level from different angles.

Forward growth does help you look better from a frontal view too, but it's real importance is in motion.

That brings us to 2 most overrated 'psl gods' in my opinion. I can understand Chico's popularity and appeal more because he has a huge skull with no real falios and incredible symmetry and harmony. He is pleasant to look at from the front.

View attachment 2977887

Here we have Chico from different angles. Does he look equally good from all of these? Is he the same looks level, same percantage of rarity looks-wise from every angle?

The answer is of course no. In fact most wouldn't even recognise him from side view (here people would because that picture is famous in its own). His poor forward growth makes his 3/4 look quite average aswell as there is no needed depth and his symmetry and soft features are less noticeable.

That's because upper maxilla and mandible projection mogs in motion. While symmetry, jaw width, and good proportions mog in frontal view.

Honestly :lul: if you think Basso is peak male aesthetics. It was actually hard to find his profile and 3/4 view without him tilting his head (even he knows he is deformed).

View attachment 2977783
View attachment 2977786

His side profile is so garbage I feel bad for him. What a fraud. 3/4 is a bit better because his abnormal zygos (his biggest halo) is making his ogee curve pronounced. It's still laughable because upper maxilla absolutely mogs from angles between front and side. That's our next topic.

Upper maxilla is the absolute key to aesthetics in real life. There are many good threads about this and it's absolutely true.

The reason it will always be underrated even here is because it has a motion dependent value and we judge mostly from the front.

Barret is a good example of someone with too much upper maxillary projection which is then leaning to too feminine and that's why he gets all the hate. But I will use him as a positive example of a good upper maxilla and how it helps him look attracitve from various angles which translates to real life.

View attachment 2977809
View attachment 2977815View attachment 2977816

I know none of the pictures I used are candid but we are focusing strictly on bones now.

Now look at this bizzare angle Chico would never take a picture from because he has no upper maxilla.

View attachment 2977819

To no suprise Barret looks great from here aswell, even better than from other angles I would say.

That's because upper maxilla mogs in every angle; but especially close to 60 degrees.

I don't think anyone has ever thought of Crawford as a giga mogger (maybe teens watching Gossip Girl ) but he looks insane in motion due to his developed maxilla.

View attachment 2977841

View attachment 2977842
View attachment 2977843
View attachment 2977845

Looks better from other angles than from the front. Obviously his frontal is lacking a bit and his forward growth is excellent which makes him look better in motion.

And here is the 60 degree view I think exaggerates upper maxilla's worth the most.

View attachment 2977847

Now let's go back to chico 3/4 shotView attachment 2977828

For the upper maxilla havers that don't have developed mandibles to match- I am sorry.

I struggled to find examples of this. I found this "mewing ascension". Looks like a posture + looksmaxxing change but it's irrelevant at the moment. The point is that a nicely developed upper maxilla requires better developed mandible. He went from subhuman to htn because his mandible now isn't too far back.

View attachment 2977849

Having a great upper maxillary projection isn't enough on it's own (nothing is for men). It actually makes your recessed mandible even more of a falio. So before you celebrate good upper maxilla, please notice the lack of mandible protrusion and you will realise why women still hate you. We need everything.

Ideal

So what is ideal? Top tier advancement of both with overall maesthetic features (to avoid the Barret trap ; being too feminine).

2 absolute giga chads come to mind. 2 of the best looking men I have seen pictures of.

View attachment 2977870

View attachment 2977873View attachment 2977875
View attachment 2977877View attachment 2977878View attachment 2977879

They look absolutely insane from every angle. Good development of both upper maxilla and the mandible makes you a giga chad by default.
If Chico and Basso ever went near these 2 they would cease to exist; their SMV would drop to 0.

For raters

No offence if ur black but why do most blacks look so bad even though they have excessively grown maxillas?

Great post Hexum and Stepanov are the ultimate gigachads

• +1
Reactions: F36 and Manana
How long are you going to beef with snake :lul::lul:
:feelshmm::feelshmm::feelshmm:

Idk nigga this shit funny af. I know he's out there seeing all this raging like an emotional faggot unable to do anything about it. It's nice to remind that nigga how I basically cucked him to oblivion :forcedsmile:

• JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: jisko32, IndraBC and 8uAte
No offence if ur black but why do most blacks look so bad even though they have excessively grown maxillas?
Because they often (almost always) have recessed mandibles.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, greywind, courtcase75 and 1 other person
Keep making more threads bro

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: boss8055 and Manana
@Pei

• +1
Reactions: halloweed
i think you are confusing some of the zygomatic forward growth with upper maxilla, thats what barret had that others dont

• Hmm...
No explanation on how to analyze if the maxilla is good or not? Just vague eyeballing?

No explanation on how to analyze if the maxilla is good or not? Just vague eyeballing?
There are tons of threads focusing on that.

The most accurate measurement imo is drawing a triangle between eye and bottom of the nose (looking from the side).
It is a method proposed in BOTB thread.

Personally I think it's quite easy to notice developed maxillas, it can be tricky from the front but from any other angle it becomes quite obvious.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: boss8055
I have and insane 3/4 and decent side profile htn front

• +1
pitt has a flat maxilla

There are tons of threads focusing on that.

The most accurate measurement imo is drawing a triangle between eye and bottom of the nose (looking from the side).
It is a method proposed in BOTB thread.

Personally I think it's quite easy to notice developed maxillas, it can be tricky from the front but from any other angle it becomes quite obvious.
It's not tho. I've sent my side profile to many people here and in other communities. A couple people said my maxilla is average. Some people said it was even below average because my infras are recessed. And some people said i have "insane maxilla projection almost too much" lol.

Drago and Hexum is a better example take Stepanov out

• +1
Reactions: F36
How good is my forward growth? IMG 9221

BRUTAL

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: greywind and Manana
It's not tho. I've sent my side profile to many people here and in other communities. A couple people said my maxilla is average. Some people said it was even below average because my infras are recessed. And some people said i have "insane maxilla projection almost too much" lol.
What would you say about mine you rated me a few days ago

philtrum side shape, nose placement in relation to mouth

and oml youd be stacy if not for 1 chromosome :feelswhy: imagine your life

• +1
Introduction

Forward Growth

Men amongst gods

View attachment 2977887

View attachment 2977783
View attachment 2977786

View attachment 2977809
View attachment 2977815View attachment 2977816

View attachment 2977819

View attachment 2977841

View attachment 2977842
View attachment 2977843
View attachment 2977845

View attachment 2977847

Now let's go back to chico 3/4 shotView attachment 2977828

View attachment 2977849

Ideal

View attachment 2977870

View attachment 2977873View attachment 2977875
View attachment 2977877View attachment 2977878View attachment 2977879

For raters

great post. this helped me realize that my problem is upper maxilla and thats why when i turn my head my cheekbones look flat but projected from the front. guess ill rope :love:

• +1
All that matters is how forward the upper maxilla (cheekbones) is. Even then it’s not very important.

All that matters is how forward the upper maxilla (cheekbones) is. Even then it’s not very important.
What do you mean "Even then it's not very important." How?

I just explained why it is very important in motion and why people who spend a lot of time on the internet looking at still frontal pictures of faces misrate.
People who go out and socializa a lot put a bigger emphasis on upper maxilla and mandible because it makes you look far better in 3d.

What do you mean "Even then it's not very important." How?

I just explained why it is very important in motion and why people who spend a lot of time on the internet looking at still frontal pictures of faces misrate.
People who go out and socializa a lot put a bigger emphasis on upper maxilla and mandible because it makes you look far better in 3d.
Well firstly I didn’t read. Secondly, everyone has a forward maxilla. Get it in your head that it’s a meme.

Every pixel, damn i forgot how much of a chad crawford was

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, Manana and F36
same person who said cyclopses can’t be above 6 psl
not that one faggot from before hes not 6 psl, crawford isnt that narrow tbh

• +1
Reactions: boss8055
Every pixel, damn i forgot how much of a chad crawford was
Crawford's appeal was pretty boy dependant. Upper maxilla is a lot more important for pretty boys.

When he aged, losing hair density and collagen; he descended hard (very expected for pretty boys)

More maesthetic appeal men age better. In hindsight, I could've added a paragraph talking about upper maxillary projection being more important for those with pretty boy appeal (and how it easily fades over time)

But yeah I agree, Crawford in his peak had insane giga chad value to jbs (which is all we aspire to have).

• +1
Reactions: Clavicular
3/4 view examples

flat maxilla
F89E9FC6 DA6E 4988 9704 9EDF16D2F01D

forward maxilla
C6976DB9 46A7 41B5 99B7 CE3FE6BB75B7

• +1
Good thread. for example I have traits that look bad in pictures (asymmetry) however my maxilla is strong, hence I have a lot of slays because i look much more attractive in real life than on pictures due to my maxilla, i have people constantly calling me good looking while i can look very subhuman on a picture.