The importance of mouth width and mouth curvature

klimo

klimo

Kindcel
This may seem like water but just wanted to emphasize how important mouth is.

Growing up i had really downturned lips that were super narrow, so people avoided me because they thought i was angry/sad/annoyed, it really fucked with me mentally tbh.

its also a sign of old age so if you have this, at a young age especially, you are down a lot of points.

Maybe a mouth width appliance could fix it in a way if its designed in an upturned way but idk

personally i think upturned is ideal for females and neutral for males.

do you guys have downturned or narrow lips or similar experiences?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Mewton, Hurricane1, lemonnz and 2 others

Growing up i had really downturned lips that were super narrow, so people avoided me because they thought i was angry/sad/annoyed, it really fucked with me mentally tbh.
View attachment 2781886
its also a sign of old age so if you have this, at a young age especially, you are down a lot of points.

Maybe a mouth width appliance could fix it in a way if its designed in an upturned way but idk

MSE

• +1
Reactions: klimo
I learned recently that myofunctional therapy can increase lip width by about 3mm's

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: zharupodrugu, klimo and greycel
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: zharupodrugu, klimo, MTNAscension2 and 1 other person
  • +1
Corner mouth lift seems legit, aside from potential scars the before/after seems to look good.
They use fillers/botox to do that.

I always had upturned mouth corners personnally, it can give you a smug/arrogant look tho (or at least contribute to it).

• +1
Fuck up your harmony theory
how ? wym it expands the upper maxxila widening the nasal cavity also lips a bit

• +1

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 12.09.18 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 12.09.18 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • +1
just look at before and afters of people who have had MSE done. they tend to descend (become more ogre).
Ig its only okay for males then

Ig its only okay for males then
Screenshot 2024 03 04 at 15057PM
Nope just as shit.

The FME is just now starting cases. So keep an eye out for those results. if those results successfully can expand the whole maxilla/midface either parallel or posteriorly and STILL give unaesthetic results then its the nail in the coffin for rapid palatal-expander-cels.... We will probably have results in a few months.

• +1
Reactions: klimo and yue
View attachment 2782994Nope just as shit.

The FME is just now starting cases. So keep an eye out for those results. if those results successfully can expand the whole maxilla/midface either parallel or posteriorly and STILL give unaesthetic results then its the nail in the coffin for rapid palatal-expander-cels.... We will probably have results in a few months.
Fme? Never heard of it but it seems interesting asf. I think one of the main palate expanders tend to give unesthetic results is because the split is too parallel. I saw on a thread a while ago that a better option would be to expand the back of the molars more as thats what a natural palate is like, the width is more in the back of the palate. If i find it ill send it and doing it also helps reduce that weird nose look that one can get with mse though i think mse is better for breathing.

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
The Negative Oral Tilt pill is even more brutal than negative canthal tilt one

• +1
Reactions: kiyopon, Deleted member 29167, klimo and 1 other person
water i alr made this thread

• +1
Reactions: Magnum Opus
Fme? Never heard of it but it seems interesting asf. I think one of the main palate expanders tend to give unesthetic results is because the split is too parallel. I saw on a thread a while ago that a better option would be to expand the back of the molars more as thats what a natural palate is like, the width is more in the back of the palate. If i find it ill send it and doing it also helps reduce that weird nose look that one can get with mse though i think mse is better for breathing.
perhaps, seemingly EASE does that however the results are still underwhelming... but idk perhaps there is more to the story.

attached is fme not ease. I think its a simulation

Attachments

• FME-expansion-gif.mp4
    6.9 MB
  • +1

View attachment 2781886

Sometimes a receding chin can cause this.

• +1
How did you fix downturned lips? Just puberty and your face developing or something else?

Mse fucks ur harmony up
in some cases ye you can look uncanny get mse the younger the better because the maxillary suture starts to fuse at 16 it also depends on how many mm of expansion you go for also mse only expands the upper jaw you cannot do mse with a plan for the lower jaw like msdo or smth

just look at before and afters of people who have had MSE done. they tend to descend (become more ogre).
yes you showed the worst failed case of mse and called it a day mse is still a surgical procedure and not 100% safe yeah in some cases it increases the ipd(barely) and zygomas which is good in 99% case
also, mse in adults is only for functional reasons like expanding nasal cavity or airways because suture is fused so little to no aesthetics are achieved.

water i alr made this thread
All you other @drops are just imitating
So won't the real @drop please stand up
Please stand up, please stand up?
'Cause I'm @drop , yes, I'm the real @drop

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167 and klimo
yes you showed the worst failed case of mse and called it a day mse is still a surgical procedure and not 100% safe yeah in some cases it increases the ipd(barely) and zygomas which is good in 99% case
also, mse in adults is only for functional reasons like expanding nasal cavity or airways because suture is fused so little to no aesthetics are achieved.
What I showed is not a failed case. It was a successfull case. U don’t know what you don’t know.

What I showed is not a failed case. It was a successfull case. U don’t know what you don’t know.
you just read the first line and replied to it

so fucking over for me

Its directly correlated to your bone support like dental width, palate width and cheek bone placement
Basically a Symptom of a bigger problem lack of bone support in face

• +1

View attachment 2781886

People think I'm always angry because of my lips too

Its directly correlated to your bone support like dental width, palate width and cheek bone placement
Basically a Symptom of a bigger problem lack of bone support in face
most of the time but not all the time. I have a wide palate and crazy cheekbones but still have narrow lips.

• +1
Reactions: Mewton
Negative my lips meet the medial limbi and are good sized for my skull size