D

Deleted member 5467

🤑 Get the bag 💰
A continuation of my Looksmaxing threads
The Importance of Sleep
The Importance of Sleep Pt. 2

The Importance Of Sauna

Img 6230

Haven't seen a good thread on this topic yet.

If you aren't using the sauna every day you are seriously fucking yourself over. Both types of sauna have been proven to lower mortality, increase longevity, kill toxins beneath the skin (the infrared type), skyrocket metabolism/and muscle recovery, the list goes on and on.

Every looksmaxer should be doing sauna, DAILY if you want that massive skin glow. Here is a great video by Dr. Rhonda Patrick on sauna (mostly health-related benefits, still good tho).

How sauna fixes the skin
Saunas help relieve acne and clogged pores

Clogged pores and blocked glands all contribute to acne. A sauna’s dry heat will allow the pores to open. As a result, sweating cleans pores because bacteria, oil, and dirt can escape your skin before they give you pimples.

Saunas better-hydrated skin
A more stable epidermal barrier function, an increase in stratum corneum hydration, faster recovery of both elevated water loss and skin pH after exposure to 2 x 15 min sauna at 80 degrees

Saunas increase blood flow circulation

Saunas GREATLY slow down the aging process
Saunas stress your skin due to heat exposure. Saunas will force your skin to build up antioxidant defense systems that protect your skin from future stresses. These stresses include toxins and sun exposure.

Saunas increase skin cell turnover
When you sit in the sauna, you will sweat profusely. In turn, deep sweating will help to improve skin cell turnover. Skin cell turnover is the means of creating new cells to replenish existing cells.

Best time to use the sauna?
Post-workout

The heat effects of the sauna remove lactic acid from your muscles. You will recover faster from your workout. According to the Harvard Medical School, blood flow nearly DOUBLES when in a sauna. As the blood flow increases, the muscles become more relaxed.

Should I use the sauna EVERY day?
Answer: YES

A long-term, 15-year follow-up study published in the journal Neurology, showed people taking a sauna four to seven times a week were 61% less likely to suffer a stroke than those taking a sauna once a week.

How long to sauna?
At least 30 minutes per day up to 1 hour. I would go 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening, before your skin routine. Workout -> sauna -> shower -> skin routine, in that order.

Where to use the sauna?
If you are a Netherland cel you already have access to saunas. For American cels, any decent gym that isn't in a very poor area will usually have a sauna that you can use. But I prefer not to be trapped in a cage with naked old dudes, so I just sauna at home. Most saunas are pretty expensive but you can find a few good ones on amazon etc. The one I use (The infrared version):

Link

Skin Care Method
Use saunas(30+minutes daily post-workout) + tretinoin (once per night or every other night) + 0.5-1.5mm dermarolling (once a week)
TRETINOIN 1 500x500 1
Derminator2 photo

This combination is probably the holy grail of skin maxing. Not only will you get increased cell turnover from the sauna itself but the topical vitamin A in tretinoin does the same, and the derma rolling is forcing your body to create new collagen. Religiously using this combination will leave your skin looking like a newborn.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18890, Deleted member 11963, TrestIsBest and 6 others
Then why are finnish guys so ugly

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Johanjohan and Deleted member 5467
how to gert home made sauan

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5467
good thread
can confirm once i was on a vacation and i did it for 4 days and my skin had improved so much
sadly now i dont have where to do it in my area

• +1
what do you think about cold showers? My boilers been broken so for the past month I've been taking them lol

what do you think about cold showers? My boilers been broken so for the past month I've been taking them lol
Very fucking good, especially after sauna. That's what i do

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: thereallegend and jake_okok
Very fucking good, especially after sauna. That's what i do
is there an adjustment period with tretinoin? i.e, does it make your skin worse initially? I was on accutane until the end of 2020, my skin is decent (a part from scars) but I get a couple spots sometimes (mostly diet related) - I'm thinking of looking into tretinoin cream

is there an adjustment period with tretinoin? i.e, does it make your skin worse initially? I was on accutane until the end of 2020, my skin is decent (a part from scars) but I get a couple spots sometimes (mostly diet related) - I'm thinking of looking into tretinoin cream
For some, they get redness, skinpeeling. I didn't have many side effects other than a little skin peeling. Do your research

• +1
Reactions: jake_okok
I have hot baths and hope them to be enough.

• +1
Cold showers mog

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend and Deleted member 5467
That’s some white people shit

• JFL
No sauna for my lower third and negative canthal tilt

• +1
Reactions: downwardGod and Deleted member 5467
Nice but impractical for me to do every day

• +1
  • +1
hmm what about holding head above hot water with towel, so steam and heat from hot water will steam out face?

hmm what about holding head above hot water with towel, so steam and heat from hot water will steam out face?
Like this lol
7C860FD8 77DA 4322 97F4 D5C1560A6475

• JFL
The Importance of Sleep

The Importance Of Sauna

View attachment 1658725

If you aren't using the sauna every day you are seriously fucking yourself over. Both types of sauna have been proven to lower mortality, increase longevity, kill toxins beneath the skin (the infrared type), skyrocket metabolism/and muscle recovery, the list goes on and on.

Every looksmaxer should be doing sauna, DAILY if you want that massive skin glow. Here is a great video by Dr. Rhonda Patrick on sauna (mostly health-related benefits, still good tho).

How sauna fixes the skin

Clogged pores and blocked glands all contribute to acne. A sauna’s dry heat will allow the pores to open. As a result, sweating cleans pores because bacteria, oil, and dirt can escape your skin before they give you pimples.

A more stable epidermal barrier function, an increase in stratum corneum hydration, faster recovery of both elevated water loss and skin pH after exposure to 2 x 15 min sauna at 80 degrees

Saunas stress your skin due to heat exposure. Saunas will force your skin to build up antioxidant defense systems that protect your skin from future stresses. These stresses include toxins and sun exposure.

When you sit in the sauna, you will sweat profusely. In turn, deep sweating will help to improve skin cell turnover. Skin cell turnover is the means of creating new cells to replenish existing cells.

Post-workout

The heat effects of the sauna remove lactic acid from your muscles. You will recover faster from your workout. According to the Harvard Medical School, blood flow nearly DOUBLES when in a sauna. As the blood flow increases, the muscles become more relaxed.

A long-term, 15-year follow-up study published in the journal Neurology, showed people taking a sauna four to seven times a week were 61% less likely to suffer a stroke than those taking a sauna once a week.

How long to sauna?
At least 30 minutes per day up to 1 hour. I would go 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening, before your skin routine. Workout -> sauna -> shower -> skin routine, in that order.

Where to use the sauna?
If you are a Netherland cel you already have access to saunas. For American cels, any decent gym that isn't in a very poor area will usually have a sauna that you can use. But I prefer not to be trapped in a cage with naked old dudes, so I just sauna at home. Most saunas are pretty expensive but you can find a few good ones on amazon etc. The one I use (The infrared version):

Link

Skin Care Method
Use saunas(30+minutes daily post-workout) + tretinoin (once per night or every other night) + 0.5-1.5mm dermarolling (once a week)
View attachment 1658742View attachment 1658758
This combination is probably the holy grail of skin maxing. Not only will you get increased cell turnover from the sauna itself but the topical vitamin A in tretinoin does the same, and the derma rolling is forcing your body to create new collagen. Religiously using this combination will leave your skin looking like a newborn.

I love sauna, I'm curious about the sauna you bought on Amazon.

How hot can it get ? Can you sweat a lot in it ?

I like sauna not just for looksmaxxing but for stress management, relaxation, improving sleep

I don't know if this kind of sauna can get hot enough for my liking , basically I like when it's hot and when you can sweat a lot in it

The Importance of Sleep

The Importance Of Sauna

View attachment 1658725

How sauna fixes the skin

Post-workout

How long to sauna?

Where to use the sauna?

Link

Skin Care Method
View attachment 1658742View attachment 1658758

A hot ton could help too right?

Confirm. I remember partying for 3 days and looking like shit on vacation. Then stayed one day at home with sauna and went from worst to best looking

• +1