The lyrics to "Popular" by Nada Surf is CAGEFUEL (Blackpill from 1996)

Xangsane

Xangsane

jova
WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE LYRICS :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek:

No, I don't care
I mean, hey, I got Penny
There comes a time in every girl's life
When she's really got to ask herself, deep down inside
(There comes a time when she's got to ask herself, steady or not? I mean)
Is she ready to be going steady? (Do you really want to be Johnny's steady?)
Don't faint dead away, but I honestly believe that one month should be enough
(Don't faint dead away, but I honestly believe that one month should be just about enough)
Well, first of all, let's say you've dated a boy named Johnny a few times
(Well, first of all, let's say you've dated a boy named Johnny a few times)
And one day, Johnny asked you to be his steady girl
Three important rules for breaking up
Don't put off breaking up when you know you want to
Prolonging the situation only makes it worse
Tell him honestly, simply, kindly, but firmly
Don't make a big production
Don't make up an elaborate story
This will help you avoid a big tear jerking scene
If you want to date other people, say so
Be prepared for the boy to feel hurt and rejected
Even if you've gone together for only a short time
And haven't been too serious
There's still a feeling of rejection
When someone says she prefers the company of others
To your exclusive company
But if you're honest, and direct
And avoid making a flowery emotional speech
When you break the news
The boy will respect you for your frankness
And honestly he'll appreciate the kind and
Straightforward manner in which you told him your decision
Unless he's a real jerk or a crybaby, you'll remain friends
I'm head of the class
I'm popular
I'm a quarterback
I'm popular
My mom says I'm a catch
I'm popular
I'm never last picked
I got a cheerleading chick
Being attractive is the most important thing there is
If you wanna catch the biggest fish in your pond
You have to be as attractive as possible
Make sure to keep your hair spotless and clean
Wash it at least every two weeks
Once every two weeks
And if you see Johnny Football Hero in the hall
Tell him he played a great game
Tell him you liked his article in the newspaper
I'm the party star
I'm popular
I've got my own car
I'm popular
I'll never get caught
I'm popular
I make football bets
I'm the teacher's pet
I propose we support a one month limit on going steady
I think it would keep people more able to deal with weird situations
And get to know more people
I think if you're ready to go out with Johnny
Now's the time to tell him about your one month limit
He won't mind, he'll appreciate your fresh look on dating
And once you've dated someone else, you can date him again
I'm sure he'll like it
Everyone will appreciate it
You're so novel, what a good idea
You can keep your time to yourself
You don't need date insurance
You can go out with whoever you want to
Every boy, every boy in the whole world could be yours
If you'll just listen to my plan
The teenage guide to popularity
I'm head of the class
I'm popular
I'm a quarterback
I'm popular
My mom says I'm a catch
I'm popular
I'm never last picked
I'm a cheerleading chick
I'm the party star
I'm popular
I've got my own car
I'm popular
I'll never get caught
I'm popular
I'm the teacher's pet
I make football bets

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: oldcel2002 and TechnoBoss
HOLY FUCKING BLACKPILL

@TechnoBoss thoughts?

Schizo talking to himself now

• WTF
Reactions: Xangsane
@TechnoBoss thoughts?
"Being attractive is the most important thing there is
You have to be as attractive as possible"

Even songs are blackpilled. Brootal.

• JFL
"Being attractive is the most important thing there is
You have to be as attractive as possible"

Even songs are blackpilled. Brootal.
THIS WAS FROM 1996 JFL

• JFL
Reactions: TechnoBoss
If they're singing about "Being attractive is the most important thing there is" in 1996, you can imagine the kind of shit they'd be thinking in 2024. Would've been active on every PSL forum :lul::lul:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: drimprovement and Xangsane
If they're singing about "Being attractive is the most important thing there is" in 1996, you can imagine the kind of shit they'd be thinking in 2024. Would've been active on every PSL forum :lul::lul:
What do you think they’d say? All foids are bbc only?

Are you on a 90s kick? You have Daria in your avatar too
I remember this song btw. It was awesome at the time.

• JFL
this song just came on the fucking radio today I'm caging :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek:

Thoughts of the lyrics back then versus now?

I was kicked into the world in 1997
Are you an oldcel like me or are you one of those zoomers/younger millennials who are nostalgic for the 90s? I was 10 when Nada Surf released "Popular" and 11 when Daria came out. And I'm one of the oldest members on this forum.

• +1
Are you an oldcel like me or are you one of those zoomers/younger millennials who are nostalgic for the 90s? I was 10 when Nada Surf released "Popular" and 11 when Daria came out. And I'm one of the oldest members on this forum.
I'm 26, born in late December 1997, would you consider me a zoomer?
I honestly do not remember too much of the 1990s. I just caged at this song today because of the lyrics JFL

Thoughts of the lyrics back then versus now?
I felt the lyrics back then were spot on. But keep in mind that I was a 10 year old boy. I probably felt that dating for adults was more meritocratic. In the 5th grade your ability to slay as a boy was dependent on your looks but also how neurotypical, athletic and popular you were. I was actually skinny in the 5th grade. But I was unathletic and autistic. I was seen as the weirdo kid.

If anything I found it easier to get women as an adult than getting girls as a boy in school. Because status, popularity, NT and how good you were at sports was more important than looks. There was this BBC back in 5th grade who was dating my Chinese oneitis. He was like one of the best players in the sports teams at my school. And his father was a BBC phys ed teacher at the same school.

• +1
This was the part that made me lose myself the most :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek:
Once every two weeks

• JFL
Reactions: alien
I felt the lyrics back then were spot on. But keep in mind that I was a 10 year old boy. I probably felt that dating for adults was more meritocratic. In the 5th grade your ability to slay as a boy was dependent on your looks but also how neurotypical, athletic and popular you were. I was actually skinny in the 5th grade. But I was unathletic and autistic. I was seen as the weirdo kid.
so was I. I became a little chubbier in high school but was normal weight and a "cute kid" in primary. I'm not lean and quite muscular at 26.
However, people strongly suspected I was autistic or very likely autistic.
If anything I found it easier to get women as an adult than getting girls as a boy in school. Because status, popularity and how good you were at sports was more important than looks.
This was so true. There were many LTN-MTN slayers at school and uni because of what, status and how good they were at sports (not gym).
There was this BBC back in 5th grade who was dating my Chinese oneitis. He was like one of the best players in the sports teams at my school. And his father was a BBC phys ed teacher at the same school.
High slay count?
BBC so I won't be surprised

so was I. I became a little chubbier in high school but was normal weight and a "cute kid" in primary. I'm not lean and quite muscular at 26.
However, people strongly suspected I was autistic or very likely autistic.

This was so true. There were many LTN-MTN slayers at school and uni because of what, status and how good they were at sports (not gym).

High slay count?
BBC so I won't be surprised
I've no idea what his slay count was. Even once we went into high school. Or if they even had sex. Since it was the 5th grade. But they would be seen holding hands in the 5th grade. And I'm pretty sure they must have kissed. Not sure if she ever let him cop a feel of her boobs or whatever. I can't even remember if she even had boobs. I mean she was 10-11 when I had a crush on her. lmfao.

I wonder if my whole BBC cuckold fetish stems from being cucked by a BBC in the 5th grade. Since he was dating my Chinese oneitis. And I did very poorly in phys ed. And his BBC dad was my phys ed teacher. My Chinese oneitis then was one of the reasons why I probably have a thing for Asian women today. I also had a crush on three Filipinas and a Vietnamese girl as a kid. And there was this Eurasian girl in high school who was a year older than me I think who I had a crush on.

Last edited:
  • +1
I've no idea what his slay count was. Even once we went into high school. Or if they even had sex. Since it was the 5th grade. But they would be seen holding hands in the 5th grade. And I'm pretty sure they must have kissed. Not sure if she ever let him cop a feel of her boobs or whatever. I can't even remember if she even had boobs. I mean she was 10-11 when I had a crush on her. lmfao.
I always wonder how the hell kids date at age 5.

He was way ahead of his times, a prophet

• JFL
Once every two weeks

I almost feel like the Chad meme was inspired by this song. He talks about the high school quarterback getting all the girls. Chad is the high school quarterback archetype.

Back in 1996 in elementary school and high school, it was common sense that the most attractive guys were the jocks. In order to do well with girls in elementary and high school, you had to be good at sports I think.

I have never been to school in 2024. Maybe its different now. Pretty boys with broccoli hair cuts probably slay in 2024. But back in 1996, I think every guy who was popular with women in school was good at sports.

Last edited:
  • +1
I almost feel like the Chad meme was inspired by this song. He talks about the high school quarterback getting all the girls. Chad is the high school quarterback archetype.

Back in 1996 in elementary school and high school, it was common sense that the most attractive guys were the jocks. In order to do well with girls in elementary and high school, you had to be good at sports I think.

I have never been to school in 2024. Maybe its different now. Pretty boys with broccoli hair cuts probably slay in 2024. But back in 1996, I think every guy who was popular with women in school was good at sports.
Even if below average in looks?

Even if below average in looks?
You need looks too. I just can't recall there being any guy who was popular with women who wasn't also good at sports back in 1996. I mean I wasn't a bad looking boy in 1996 at all. But I also didn't go through puberty either. I was a boy. Not a young man. And I was made fun of relentlessly for being autistic and weird. And guys would mock me for sucking at sports.

Imagine if PSL existed in 1996. I wonder what kind of different trajectory my life would have took. I would have given up on life a lot sooner.

• +1
You need looks too. I just can't recall there being any guy who was popular with women who wasn't also good at sports back in 1996. I mean I wasn't a bad looking boy in 1996 at all. But I also didn't go through puberty either. I was a boy. Not a young man. And I was made fun of relentlessly for being autistic and weird. And guys would mock me for sucking at sports.
is it rare to be GL but unpopular?

Imagine if PSL existed in 1996. I wonder what kind of different trajectory my life would have took. I would have given up on life a lot sooner.
Meanwhile I didn't exist in 1996

• JFL
Reactions: alien
is it rare to be GL but unpopular?
Possibly. I don't know. Low-key, I probably might have been the most good looking guy who was unpopular and bad with girls back then. lmfao. If you didn't have the respect of the boys, you didn't have the respect of the girls. There was this Filipina back in the 8th grade who had a crush on me and she would say that I'm handsome (I was a big pussy though back then and never made a move). I had went through puberty too the previous year or two as well. But I think she was afraid to date me because it would lower her status in the eyes of her peers. Being autistic and bad at sports is a huge failo.

I believe she friend requested me on Facebook back when we were like 23-24 but I was a huge pussy and still a virgin back then. If I wasn't a pussy, I probably could have slept with my Filipina oneitis.

I later found her Bumble when I was 33 back when I was a fat rotter. I think I swiped right on her but either she didn't see my card or she didn't swipe right back.

I found her on Bumble again at 36 after leanmaxxing. But she was already past her prime in looks by then. I think I still swiped right on her. But she didn't swipe back.

After she hits 40+ and hits the wall, I bet she will low-key DM me on Facebook or IG or some shit. But I have a girlfriend right now. And my gf mogs her now.

Last edited:
  • +1
Possibly. I don't know. Low-key, I probably might have been the most good looking guy who was unpopular and bad with girls back then. lmfao. If you didn't have the respect of the boys, you didn't have the respect of the girls. There was this Filipina back in the 8th grade who had a crush on me and she would say that I'm handsome (I was a big pussy though back then and never made a move). I had went through puberty too the previous year or two as well. But I think she was afraid to date me because it would lower her status in the eyes of her peers. Being autistic and bad at sports is a huge failo.

I believe she friend requested me on Facebook back when we were like 23-24 but I was a huge pussy and still a virgin back then. If I wasn't a pussy, I probably could have slept with my Filipina oneitis.
I lost my virginity at 23 too (closer to 24 than 22). I wasn't the best at sports at school and I was told many times I might be autistic.
However, now I have a lean athletic body, but that doesn't mean I'm good at sports. I just watch my diet and work out. My co-ordination is so poor.

• JFL
I saw them in concert in 1996.

• +1
  • +1
What was it like seeing them?
It was 28 years ago. I just remember bits and pieces of it, not my emotional state. Plus, I was only familiar with this one song because I was 12.

• Woah