The main weakness of looks theory is that it doesn't account for personal preference.

Hightwolf

Hightwolf

HTW#6700
I'm not talking like when bluepilled people say that there's someone for everyone, but consider something like this:
There is a guy who's 4.5 psl who's main failos are longish midface (0.9) and weak eyebrows. While there is another guy who is 5.5 psl but his biggest failos are wide nose and short pfl.

If a girl grew up in a place where there are many people who have longer midfaces and weaker eyebrows, that will be what looks 'normal' to her. It will be something that seems less bad to her. It would be like if a sub saharan african told another they have a very wide nose, the nose would have to be wide relative to their population not to causasians who already have narrower noses in comparison. So the girl if she grew up in a place with many people with long midfaces or weak eyebrows she would be less turned off by it. Additionally, if were she's from most people have very narrow noses she would consider the wide nose even more strange. Because of this, she would feel that the 4.5 psl mogs the 5.5 psl even though to us the 5.5 psl would be better looking.

The reason I am saying this is because sometimes people immediately explain why a woman is with a man who isn't that good looking by immediately claiming betabux or something. But I believe that in many cases it is also the women's preference. I also think that the preference isn't something extreme and wouldn't make a woman choose a 4psl over a a 6psl, I think at most it can make a difference of 1psl.

There's also the case of looking 'exotic' but i don't really know how it plays into this.

• +1
Reactions: No Bones Dax, Deleted member 11053, Mouthbreath and 28 others
This is why im curl maxxing

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9344, Deleted member 5969 and Hightwolf
That's right, Racepill has a similar reason

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6380, Deleted member 9344, spark and 1 other person
Also psl doesn’t = attraction, many foids will say o pry is good looking but they don’t feel attracted to him

• +1
Reactions: No Bones Dax, aspieSavage, Deleted member 8244 and 10 others
it is jfl its called averageness one of the biggest factors in attractiveness

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6273, Deleted member 9344, Deleted member 9779 and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3270, goat2x and Hightwolf
Agree with this

Who cares about PSL-your iRL appeal is the most important thing

And specifically, among which demographics is your iRL appeal highest to find opportunities for nichemaxxing

This could all be figured out with collecting massive amounts of data from online dating profiles

datasciencecels need to create something for this

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy, Deleted member 10524 and Hightwolf
Agree with this

And specifically, among which demographics is your iRL appeal highest to find opportunities for nichemaxxing

This could all be figured out with collecting massive amounts of data from online dating profiles

the problem is that data from online dating might not necessarily translate to irl and only works for online dating, but it would still be useful.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10524 and Deleted member 9890
the problem is that data from online dating might not necessarily translate to irl and only works for online dating, but it would still be useful.
that's true and its dependent on the photo set and bio. However, really optimizing online dating profiles should be most people's goal here ngl

• +1
Reactions: Hightwolf
The problem is now women see insta chad everytime 24h 7d/7 so normie seem more ugly than before to them.

• +1
Reactions: metagross, Deleted member 8244, BigBoy and 3 others
The problem is now women see insta chad everytime 24h 7d/7 so normie seem more ugly than before to them.
True, it's like the sticked thread about the guys a girl sees on tinder

• +1
Reactions: BradAniston
Also psl doesn’t = attraction, many foids will say o pry is good looking but they don’t feel attracted to him
Legit; PSL vs SMV

SMV is way more important for whether a girl would actually fuck you.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4464 and Hightwolf
Legit; PSL vs SMV

SMV is way more important for whether a girl would actually fuck you.
Yeah but I am talking about face only, and you could still say the same thing just switch 4.5 psl and 5.5 psl with 4.5/8 face smv and 5.5/8 face smv

Legit but then why asian girls dislike asian men so much? Shouldnt they be used to them and be attracted more to Changs?

• +1
Reactions: Schönling, No Bones Dax, Deleted member 9344 and 4 others
Legit but then why asian girls dislike asian men so much? Shouldnt they be used to them and be attracted more to Changs?
I think there are a few factors
-Most celebrities are white and most advertising etc has white people so the effect is decreased.
-I think people here probably exaggerate how much asian girls dislike asian men
-Asian girls in the usa or europe would be living in white majority countries and the 'average' would be a white person

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy
I think there are a few factors
-Most celebrities are white and most advertising etc has white people so the effect is decreased.
-I think people here probably exaggerate how much asian girls dislike asian men
-Asian girls in the usa or europe would be living in white majority countries and the 'average' would be a white person
Yeah maybe you are right, Kpop faggots made asian prettyboys SMV go up for weeb girls

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9344, bl0odyme5s and Hightwolf
That's true, but at the same time, these distinctions are mostly marginal. People may bicker over small differences but at the end of the day, GL is GL and ugly is ugly.

• +1
Reactions: metagross, BigBoy, MedMaxxing and 1 other person
Agree with this

I've thought about this quite a lot, especially after using advertising tools like Facebook and Instagram where you really realize how much data is being collected on everyone using their sites. I would imagine the people running apps like Tinder and Bumble have enough data on a massive user base to essentially know what phenotype each user prefers, as I would imagine their preferences become obvious even after only a couple of days of a user swiping.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 9890 and Hightwolf

also it goes back to that exotic thing OP mentioned plus in asian places western media is pretty popular and western media halos white guys as being heroic tall handsome etc. thats why when a 4/10 white guy goes to china or japan there chad.

• +1
I feel like some women accept the fact he is far too attractive for them, they admit he is gl and would sleep with him but never husband material because they know he will be able to cheat, and not betabux, so they look for a dude who is less attractive

• +1
Reactions: animo123
I feel like some women accept the fact he is far too attractive for them, they admit he is gl and would sleep with him but never husband material because they know he will be able to cheat, and not betabux, so they look for a dude who is less attractive
It’s not that they just find him uncanny same with Jordan Barrett

Hmm, sometimes I feel like my good looking friends come up with the same belief, they get rejected by really ugly girls telling them they look too fake??

I feel like most girls don’t want to sleep with men who put effort in their looks maybe they can feel that some men are uncanny like u said, idk

Women are too complex

• +1
its a womans way of coping theres a psychology term for this but i forgot

its a womans way of coping theres a psychology term for this but i forgot
Pls find the term would like to research on it, I feel like this is ridiculous but me and some of my friends are part of this coping technique

Pls find the term would like to research on it, I feel like this is ridiculous but me and some of my friends are part of this coping technique
i think it's called intraselection or something like that its basically when something is completely out of reach people start insulting/lowering it subconciously

• +1
i think it's called intraselection or something like that its basically when something is completely out of reach people start insulting/lowering it subconciously
lol some universities do this @Collagen or rope would know it "yield protection" when they reject a student because the student is way too good and they know the student would get accepted into a better uni and go there.

• +1
Reactions: No Bones Dax, Deleted member 9344, Deleted member 6573 and 1 other person

This... being a model doesn't mean you are attractive per se it just means you're a model. A lot of female models I see I can tell they have good features, etc. but they just look weird to me.

• +1
Reactions: IdiAmin
This... being a model doesn't mean you are attractive per se it just means you're a model. A lot of female models I see I can tell they have good features, etc. but they just look weird to me.

Lol, yesterday I was in a mall and when I look at some photos of female models I thought the same thing, IMO IG female models look better.

P. S. Respect for Benito

both my PSL and SMV are shit so who cares??

lol some universities do this @Collagen or rope would know it "yield protection" when they reject a student because the student is way too good and they know the student would get accepted into a better uni and go there.
Berkeley did this to me lol

Another thing that it doesn’t account for is constants.

if everyone in society had a perfectly developed maxilla it would become a constant (just like having 2 legs and 2 arms are constants). And constants do not make someone successful at reproduction.

You are talking about the minority, ofc there will be foids that have a certain preference, and there even some foids
that are genuinely attracted to ugly and fat men, and don't like chads, but those are like 0.0001% and we will never meet hose and we are generalizing to get the most we can

tldr exposure effect makes women more willing to accept subhuman traits they are used to rather than small failos on chad

also it goes back to that exotic thing OP mentioned plus in asian places western media is pretty popular and western media halos white guys as being heroic tall handsome etc. thats why when a 4/10 white guy goes to china or japan there chad.
Yeah but then asians should be exotic too in the west but they are super incels.

Yeah but then asians should be exotic too in the west but they are super incels.
but theyve been shit on since they started coming to the west especially america with negative stereotypes not to mention they can be nerdy very short with small frames and their smaller than average peckers
If they had bigger dicks and frames theyd be seen like more sophisticated versions of bbcs

but theyve been shit on since they started coming to the west especially america with negative stereotypes not to mention they can be nerdy very short with small frames and their smaller than average peckers
If they had bigger dicks and frames theyd be seen like more sophisticated versions of bbcs
Yeah maybe that's true

• +1
Sorry there is nothing like PSL rating beyond some weird obscures sites

It was invented by weirdos with some good features to cope

DO u know any female IRL know what long midface is? ALso normal midfaces are considered long here too, good eye areas are considered flawed or so

Sorry there is nothing like PSL rating beyond some weird obscures sites

It was invented by weirdos with some good features to cope

DO u know any female IRL know what long midface is? ALso normal midfaces are considered long here too, good eye areas are considered flawed or so
the current rating system is flawed but it improves with time though it will always have some flaws. The idea that nobody knows what a long midface is doesn't matter. Normies only notice a few things, such as lips lashes eyebrows 'face shape' etc. They usually dont know what looks good they just know that it does. Like a guy could be very good looking because of his chin but a lot of people will think he has 'nice eyes' or a good smile

• +1
Reactions: oldcell
Niche appeal always has a place and filling that niche can make you punch above your weight class with women.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6873 and Hightwolf
the current rating system is flawed but it improves with time though it will always have some flaws. The idea that nobody knows what a long midface is doesn't matter. Normies only notice a few things, such as lips lashes eyebrows 'face shape' etc. They usually dont know what looks good they just know that it does. Like a guy could be very good looking because of his chin but a lot of people will think he has 'nice eyes' or a good smile

Haha I never heard I had nice eyes until after I fixed my nose and jaw

• +1

Because asian films and tv shows are not as popular in america. Like how american movies and tv shows are popular in china japan and korea...

Because asian films and tv shows are not as popular in america. Like how american movies and tv shows are popular in china japan and korea...
So why then Chinese, Japanese and Korean women like western men so much?

So why then Chinese, Japanese and Korean women like western men so much?

Because western media is popular over there and white/western men are all tall handsome heroic etc. in all those movies and other attributes that make white men better then asian men more dominate etc.

500iq (not being sarcastic) that's really smart

Could you help me on this because I keeep hearing that. I thought psl was directly linked to attractiveness and sexual value

• +1
Could you help me on this because I keeep hearing that. I thought psl was directly linked to attractiveness and sexual value
the problem is, psl doesn't take into account a lot of things, Body (Height, frame, muscularity), Voice, or even smell. It's basically just how good your face is.
The second problem is that for some reasons and it's VERY RETARDED:

People came to the agreement that this is 'high psl but low irl appeal'
Meanwhile something like this:

would be medium psl (definetly less than the previous guy) but still high appeal or higher appeal.

Why? I have no idea since I only joined psl in 2020.
Imo psl should just be how attractive you are without including status / personality.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6873
True. I know a girl who is really into feminine guys for some reason. Not one looksmaxxer would have a chance with her, because everyone on this site wants to look as masculine as possible.

Yes, but the ratings are the middle of the standard deviations.

• +1