The movies I had watched recently that just blew my mind. (With spoiler free reviews)

Dr. Mog

Dr. Mog

Researcher at moggerdom and zoomerology
The Godfather
IMG 0939

A film impeccably suited for its era of release, depicting the seamless transition of power within the criminal underworld as the torch is passed to the next generation. It intricately explores the far-reaching ramifications and burdens that accompany such an inheritance, highlighting the immense responsibilities and arduous trials one must face in order to uphold and navigate this empire.

The Hangover trilogy
IMG 0940

Movies of this caliber possess a remarkable ability to evoke genuine laughter effortlessly, devoid of any contrived attempts. Regrettably, creations of this nature have become increasingly scarce in contemporary times.+ Bradley cooper at his peak here mogs the shit out of all the fags in Hollywood, quite close to 8 PSL.

Fight club
IMG 0941

But hey wasn’t I supposed to not talk about it? Nah miss me with all that cringe shit but this movie rocks tho and the climax blew my mind more than anything else.

It is truly remarkable the boundless capabilities that can be achieved by a resolute human intellect, and this film effectively conveys the notion that constraints are primarily a product of the mind's constructs, although this notion may not invariably hold true in every circumstance.

The Irishman
IMG 0938

This exquisite opus stands as an authentic embodiment of classical magnificence and is widely regarded as an actual chronicle of historical veracity. Quite long for a movie standing a little north of 3 hours but def worth a watch if you into some gangster and sheeit. Al Pacino just killed it and mogged hard here with his prime of the old age.

The Shutter island
IMG 0943

This captivating and enigmatic film completely captivated my intellectual faculties. It possessed such an astounding quality that instilled a sense of imminent anticipation, as if an unforeseen revelation or a radical shift in the narrative was on the horizon. And when that moment finally materialized, it was an experience that left an indelible mark on my consciousness—one that I will never truly recover from, personally.

If given the opportunity to wipe my memory clean and start afresh, this would undoubtedly be the inaugural motion picture that I would eagerly partake in.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: 5.5psl, bwrauycnee, Red Fox and 8 others
The first scene in shutter Island is so obvious its green screen put me off on second viewing but good nonetheless

Good taste in movies all in all

• +1
Reactions: rooman, BoredPrince, midlatinocel and 3 others
The Godfather
View attachment 2234977
A film impeccably suited for its era of release, depicting the seamless transition of power within the criminal underworld as the torch is passed to the next generation. It intricately explores the far-reaching ramifications and burdens that accompany such an inheritance, highlighting the immense responsibilities and arduous trials one must face in order to uphold and navigate this empire.

The Hangover trilogy
View attachment 2234984
Movies of this caliber possess a remarkable ability to evoke genuine laughter effortlessly, devoid of any contrived attempts. Regrettably, creations of this nature have become increasingly scarce in contemporary times.+ Bradley cooper at his peak here mogs the shit out of all the fags in Hollywood, quite close to 8 PSL.

Fight club
View attachment 2234993

But hey wasn’t I supposed to not talk about it? Nah miss me with all that cringe shit but this movie rocks tho and the climax blew my mind more than anything else.

It is truly remarkable the boundless capabilities that can be achieved by a resolute human intellect, and this film effectively conveys the notion that constraints are primarily a product of the mind's constructs, although this notion may not invariably hold true in every circumstance.

The Irishman
View attachment 2234985
This exquisite opus stands as an authentic embodiment of classical magnificence and is widely regarded as an actual chronicle of historical veracity. Quite long for a movies standing a little north of 3 hours but def worth a watch if you into some gangster and sheeit. Al Pacino just killed it and mogged hard here with his prime of the old age.

The Shutter island
View attachment 2235014
This captivating and enigmatic film completely captivated my intellectual faculties. It possessed such an astounding quality that instilled a sense of imminent anticipation, as if an unforeseen revelation or a radical shift in the narrative was on the horizon. And when that moment finally materialized, it was an experience that left an indelible mark on my consciousness—one that I will never truly recover from, personally.

If given the opportunity to wipe my memory clean and start afresh, this would undoubtedly be the inaugural motion picture that I would eagerly partake in.
fucking amazing movie taste ngl, i haven't seen all of these but i can tell they're exactly my kind of films. thanks op

• +1
Reactions: rooman, PointOfNoReturn, Dr. Mog and 1 other person
Fight club
View attachment 2234993

maybe it's other movies cloning the ending or opening our idea to the concept, but I found the ending to be pretty obvious after a while before it was actually revealed

• +1
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn
op is probably the same age as any Irishman actor

• JFL
Reactions: rooman, slayer69, Interested and 4 others
  • JFL
Reactions: rooman and PointOfNoReturn
watch prisoners next

have you seen memento (2000)? maybe review it? one of my favorites, and in line with your taste.

• +1
Reactions: Dr. Mog
Op literally listed the most normie overrated movies out there

• +1
Reactions: Mandinga, rooman, DefinitelyNT and 2 others
generic

• +1
Reactions: rooman, DefinitelyNT and Manletmachine
Shit list

• +1
Reactions: Manletmachine
good movies but bruh you shouldve already watched these 10 years ago

• So Sad
lol if you think shitter island is bind blowing u shoudl read life is money

fucking amazing movie taste ngl, i haven't seen all of these but i can tell they're exactly my kind of films. thanks op
How old are you if you haven't seen these movies yet lol

The Godfather
View attachment 2234977

The Hangover trilogy
View attachment 2234984

Fight club
View attachment 2234993

The Irishman
View attachment 2234985
This exquisite opus stands as an authentic embodiment of classical magnificence and is widely regarded as an actual chronicle of historical veracity. Quite long for a movie standing a little north of 3 hours but def worth a watch if you into some gangster and sheeit. Al Pacino just killed it and mogged hard here with his prime of the old age.

The Shutter island
View attachment 2235014

Another npc thread from dr TikTok

• +1
Reactions: rooman
How old are you if you haven't seen these movies yet lol
15, i’ve seen shutter island fight club and a bit of the godfather but not the others

The first scene in shutter Island is so obvious its green screen put me off on second viewing but good nonetheless

Good taste in movies all in all
View attachment 2235026
The green screen being obvious makes sense for the narrative as its the only thing thats 100% imagination from dicaprio.

Last edited:
The green screen being obvious makes sense for the narrative as its the only thing thats 100% imagination from dicaprio.
I also considered that but why would a mentally insane guy be standing infront of a green screen and believe its real? Get what I mean? Like its not a video playing behind him it would be a green screen

Nice taste in movies, watch memento, black swan, whiplash, and movies of that caliber to blow your mind

• +1
I also considered that but why would a mentally insane guy be standing infront of a green screen and believe its real? Get what I mean? Like its not a video playing behind him it would be a green screen
We’re seeing it from his pov and its harder to Imagine something that isnt there, which is why the background isn’t as believeable (because deep down he knows it isn’t)

• +1
Reactions: Dr. Mog and pneumocystosis
  • JFL
The Godfather
View attachment 2234977

The Hangover trilogy
View attachment 2234984

Fight club
View attachment 2234993

The Irishman
View attachment 2234985

The Shutter island
View attachment 2235014

Decent movies, you are on the right path …

The Shutter island
I remember going to blockbusters with my dad to rent this film. I was a young teen at the time. I miss 2010/11/12 so badly.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: JohnDoe and Dr. Mog
The shutter island is a complete mind fuck movie
I didn't understood even at the last scene that Leo was a schizo and all that happened wasn't real .

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24781 and Dr. Mog
Gattaca, memories of murder, a brighter summer day, taipei story, incendies.

• +1
I remember going to blockbusters with my dad to rent this film. I was a young teen at the time. I miss 2010/11/12 so badly.
better times. 2020s are soulless and adulthood sucks.

• Ugh..