The NASO-PHILTRUM PARALLEL theory

S

Senssei

Iron
I've been formulating this theory in my head for some time, after studying people in profile and 3/4 view. This doesn´t seem to be a very impacting element in the quality of facial aesthetics, but it seems to be a detail that does make some diference and can help one to get closer to his ideal looks in the looksmaxxing journey.
For a lack of better names, I've named it the Naso-philtrum parallel. It consists in the idea that preferably, the nasal bridge and philtrum should share a similar angle and design, while seen from profile view. It seems to add to the overall symmetry of the face, most of the time. In some cases it might add a little bit of neoteny/youthfulness, femininity and prettyboy touch, so its also something to keep in mind in case you want to try to achieve the Naso-Philtrum Parallel.

*HOW TO: fillers to the philtrum/upper lip/nose and/or rhinoplasty and/or lip-lift.

Now, a simple visual example displaying the NPP. The red lines show the areas which should ideally share a similar form and angle. As you see, in this image, the nasal bridge and philtrum do follow that concept, which creates a parallel between them:

NPP2

Now I've skewed it a little bit on the exemplars to the right, breaking the naso-philtrum parallel. As you see, the face look slightly less symmetric (but also less neotenic):

Match

Now look at this girl, her upper lip is very thin and barely has any flesh, yet she looks feminine and neotenic as a side effect of the Naso-philtrum parallel (even if you isolate that area of the face):
Mtch

A guy with a strong Naso-philtrum parallel:
Gd

A female exemplar with a good Naso-philtrum parallel. Note how symmetric her midfacial profile looks:
Gd 2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, exemplars with poor NPPs.

Note how this woman have a far less simmetric and youthful midfacial profile view, due to a very discrepant nasal bridge - philtrum format continuum.

Bd1

Look at this girl, she doesn´t have any really masculine facial trait, yet her profile looks slightly like the one of a young boy due to the lack of a NPP:
Bd4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look how in this image, the faces at the left look a little bit more eye-catching and pleasing to look at, due to a well estabilished NPP:
NPP

Now some charts:

Boy 1

Man 1

I have never seen anyone mentioning anything about this so maybe its just a bunch of BS my mind created so bear with me.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 15854, Chintuck22, AscendingHero and 11 others
I've been formulating this theory in my head for some time, after studying people in profile and 3/4 view. This doesn´t seem to be a very impacting element in the quality of facial aesthetics, but it seems to be a detail that does make some diference and can help one to get closer to his ideal looks in the looksmaxxing journey.
For a lack of better names, I've named it the Naso-philtrum parallel. It consists in the idea that preferably, the nasal bridge and philtrum should share a similar angle and design, while seen from profile view. It seems to add to the overall symmetry of the face, most of the time. In some cases it might add a little bit of neoteny/youthfulness, femininity and prettyboy touch, so its also something to keep in mind in case you want to try to acheive the naso-philtrum parallel.
*HOW TO: fillers to the philtrum/upper lip and/or rhinoplasty.

Now, a simple visual example displaying the NPP. The red lines show the areas which should ideally share a similar form and angle. As you see, in this image, the nasal bridge and philtrum do follow that concept, which creates a parallel between them:

View attachment 240836
Now I've skewed it a little bit on the exemplars to the right, breaking the naso-philtrum parallel. As you see, the face look slightly less symmetric (but also less neotenic):

View attachment 240846

Now look at this girl, her upper lip is very thin and barely has any flesh, yet she looks feminine and neotenic as a side effect of the Naso-philtrum parallel (even if you isolate that area of the face):
View attachment 240849
View attachment 240853
A female exemplar with a good Naso-philtrum parallel. Note how symmetric her midfacial profile looks:
View attachment 240856

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note how this woman have a far less simmetric and youthful midfacial profile view, due to a very discrepant nasal bridge - philtrum format continuum.

View attachment 240861

Look at this girl, she doesn´t have any really masculine facial trait, yet her profile looks slightly like the one of a young boy due to the lack of a NPP:
View attachment 240862

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look how in this image, the faces at the left look a little bit more eye-catching and pleasing to look at, due to a well estabilished NPP:
View attachment 240865

Now some charts:

View attachment 240866

View attachment 240867

I have never seen anyone mentioning anything about this so maybe its just a bunch of BS my mind created so bear with me.
You must be a philtrum cel

Matters for women

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
very legit actually, looks like it's very important for girls mainly

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and Senssei
As long its not negative you are gucci

• JFL
Reactions: Eduardo DOV
fuck i dont have it

• So Sad
Reactions: thecel
Great theory, u must choose your chair number yet from the Senate

Jordan barrett has this very well

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
For anyone who has a more “bowed” philtrum and a stronger nose....I guess a mustache would be better on your face to fix this.

@Senssei , do you really think filler to the Philtrum could address this? If you have a more “bowed” one (I can’t tell what mine is since I rock facial hair.)

• +1
I have this

• +1
For a lack of better names, I've named it the Naso-philtrum parallel. It consists in the idea that preferably, the nasal bridge and philtrum should share a similar angle and design, while seen from profile view. It seems to add to the overall symmetry of the face, most of the time. In some cases it might add a little bit of neoteny/youthfulness, femininity and prettyboy touch, so its also something to keep in mind in case you want to try to achieve the Naso-Philtrum Parallel.

*HOW TO: fillers to the philtrum/upper lip/nose and/or rhinoplasty and/or lip-lift.

View attachment 240836

View attachment 240846

View attachment 240849
View attachment 240853
View attachment 240856

View attachment 240861

View attachment 240862

View attachment 240865

Now some charts:

View attachment 240866

View attachment 240867

Bumping this thread, i feel like you're unto something OP

Tagging high iq facial morphology & aesthetic cels:
@thecel @Kingkellz @EverythingMattersCel @Preston @StrangerDanger @Chintuck22 @betamanlet @MisterMercedes @Golden Glass

• +1
Reactions: Chintuck22 and StrangerDanger
I've read that before but still good thread but maybe you could also sum up a conclusion from the theory that tells us how to maxx

bump for high iq

@Orc @skkrrrtcantdo @Clavicular might it be possible to create this through mono threads in the lips/philtrum going upwards?