THE ONLY WAY TO FIX LARGE FOREHEAD (DO NOT MAKE MY MISTAKE)

HighTierNormie

HighTierNormie

aesthetic ethnic
Ok i may have made the biggest mistake of my life at this point but i hope that this post helps someone here so they dont have to go through the literal hell i was in for in the last 8 months.

(first paragraph here is basically my backstory with this)

I am an almost 20 years old east African and sadly have been curse with a fivehead which absolutely ruins my facial harmony and honestly subtracts 3 PSL, I coped by wearing my hair in an afro and "picking it down" in an attempt to cover some of the hairline, though it worked for a few years the slightest breeze would push my hair up and fuck up my hair or maybe i would wear a hat or stand in the rain and then I'd have to restyle my hair in an attempt to hide my hairline.
I literally had to start mirror checking every few hours or grooming before going outside to make sure my shit wasn't fucked up and this was honestly very mentally taxing (if i was at least white i could have just been able to wear bangs but i have afro hair so not possible). Btw if anyone is asking I am not making this up when i say i have a big forehead i would literally get called out for it if my frauding didn't work and have been bullied for it my entire life when i had short hair.
(my hairline was around 4.5-5 fingers tall, this coupled with my sparse eyebrows and my relatively small lower third made me literally look like Megamind)

Anyway this stunted me socially severely since i did not want to be anxious about how i looked, it held me back in literally everything i did, i can say with full confidence that i would almost definitely kill myself within the next 5 years if i didn't do anything about it.
So i decided that before i went to uni i had to get my shit sorted i worked at a carpentry store like a slave for 3 months and added some student loan money to be able to afford a hair transplant as i heard it was the only way to lower a high hairline (I will explain why this is bullshit in my last paragraph)
I went to HOI to get it done you can find my thread about it on my profile but as of right now i can tell you that the result isn't horrible iam about 7 months in and dont expect a huge difference to happen but i can say the result is the minimum of what i would call satisfactory, my donor is noticeable thinner my hair line is now 4 fingers so like 0.5-1cm lower but it still looks big and i would still try and cover my hairline with an afro when i can grow one out, but what i can tell you now is that the density is NOT GOOD, in pictures or with hair fibres it doesnt look bad but up close, under the sun or any kind of downlighting you can almost clearly see into my scalp as if i was thinning, and this is after 2500 grafts mind you with very little new coverage. i made alot of mistakes in my hair transplant consultation which honestly weren't completely my own so its more 1300-1700 grafts for the new coverage since they transplant hair behind my hairline when I didn't ask them to just to reach some arbitrary extraction number.

now im in the position where i HAVE to get a second transplant to lower my hairline AGAIN and transplant into the thinning areas, this will without a doubt use up all the grafts i can tolerate losing in the back of my scalp to complete so a third transplant would be completely out of the question.
I am in this position not because i was ignorant, but because i took bad advice from people that spew the same nonsense in hairloss forums of only getting a hair transplant if you are male.

WHAT I SHOULD HAVE DONE AND WHY:
Eventhough i am relatively young i can say that i have a very low probability of losing my hair anytime soon (as my maternal grandfather died at 70 with a norwood 1 and i have the same hairline since 8 years old) even if i were to be prone to male pattern baldness i am more than prepared to go on heavy duty medication to preserve my hair like dut or ru, therefore going bald would not be a factor, but in the worst-case scenario i can say with certainty that hair cloning should be commercially available within the next 15 years max so keeping my hair in good condition with medication/surgery should be very possible for my entire life.

This is what crackpot surgeons like william rassman and brainlet forum cretins dont consider at all, that with good precautions and motivation 99% of men can keep their hair into their late 40's with minimal loss.
The only argument against hairline lowering is that in the case you go bald you will be left "deformed" with an ugly scar that you can not do anything about, other than that it is a better surgery in every sense of the word.

Why if you have a tall forehead you should almost ALWAYS go for hairline lowering first:
What i wanted ideally was a 3cm lowering of my forehead, this can be done easily with hairline lowering and maintains all of your original hair density, it is the equivalent of a 6000 graft transplant which is impossible to do without butchering the back of your head and going through multiple transplants, this isn't even factoring stuff like transaction rates, pluggy hairlines from using multi grafts, 8-12 month growing time for each transplant , etc
After only 1 surgery you would have an instantly lower hairline and maintain natural hair density without having a fucked up donor, now in the case that you do have a noticeable scar, (which is an outlier as with a trichophytic closure hair would hide the scar) you can graft hair onto the scar with a minor fue transplant of around 1000 grafts and/or get smp. Thats it!

not only is it the better surgery but it also saves you hairs in the long term, think about it if you blew all your grafts to lower by 2-3cm with good density now you have no donor left to get another transplant so when your hairline does recede you have no option but to shave completely but if you started with the hairline lowering you should have thousands of grafts remaining to cover the lost ground wayyyy more effectively, even in the worst case where you neglect your hair completely and go full bald, if you went to a good surgeon the scar is actually very minimal and can be hidden with SMP or even makeup foundation if you are female. having shitty hair plugs from fue or fut will have to be lasered off and you will still have scarring on your recipient and donor no matter what option you choose.

Now i am in the position where i have to either go and remove my grafted transplant hair and get it lowered and accept the financial loss and having a scarred and thinner donor area for the rest of my life or i follow through with my original decision and go to a good hair transplant doctor to make use of my remaining usable donor hair to complete what i originally wanted. both options have pros and cons but as of right now im leaning on the second as getting a transplant first will scar your hairline and make hairline lowering risky since it will grow the scar, increase the chances of having loss of blood vessels to my hairline which in turn will cause hair loss or even worse necrosis.

the last benefit of hairline lowering that came to mind: it will reduce forehead mobility by quite a bit and expectedly tighten skin, this seems like a bad thing but it is actually very good as it will basically act like permanent botox and you will probably never develop any forehead wrinkles or maybe even frown lines

TLDR: if you have a naturally high hairline always go for hairline lowering first regardless if you are male or female especially if you want over 2cm lowering

Sorry its a very long and ranty post but if you are considering getting this done please read everything. if i could go back in time and know what i know now i could have avoided so much torment, im still not even recovered it stole a year off me and wasted so much money, grafts and time that i can't ever get back getting anti-depressant medication, worsening BDD and daily suicidal ideations have been my life for the past 10 months.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
  • Love it
Reactions: zeshama, king_bandon, FreakkForLife and 37 others
Ain't nobody reading that brah

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: horizontallytall, Deleted member, Birdcell and 13 others
Ain't nobody reading that brah
well im only writing for people who share my issue and researching surgeries not for memelord permarotters

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: zeshama, king_bandon, Deleted member 7098 and 18 others
Aren't you supposed to get on fin anyway if you get a trasplant?
or even before the ht

Aren't you supposed to get on fin anyway if you get a trasplant?
or even before the ht
yh if you are prone to hairloss then sure otherwise you'll be chasing transplants until you run out of donor hair

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman
Good post
thanks for sharing

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, LastHopeForNorman and lilhorizontal32
If you're East African then it makes sense as to why it didn't look good due to your hair texture. I'm Slavic with a fivehead and straight hair and already had a consultation with one of the top doctors in the country for hairline lowering using both an incision and transplant. He recommended 2 hair transplants to achieve close to full density. With my thin and light hair the scar would be visible through my hair even if I don't start balding so it's not an option.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Marsiere214, Effortless and HighTierNormie
Eksvt8yXEAEksJi

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, colortheory, Ryan and 4 others
If you're East African then it makes sense as to why it didn't look good due to your hair texture. I'm Slavic with a fivehead and straight hair and already had a consultation with one of the top doctors in the country for hairline lowering using both an incision and transplant. He recommended 2 hair transplants to achieve close to full density. With my thin and light hair the scar would be visible through my hair even if I don't start balding so it's not an option.
if your white you probably don't scar too badly, honestly this all comes down to how good the surgeon is, if your happy only getting very minor lowering then "maybe" a transplant is ok but anything over 2cm imo will just not make sense.
you mentioned your hair is thin and light which means that you will need to compensate with very high density which of course is not possible in one procedure with a transplant and will be bad for your donor

• +1
Reactions: JustPilled
if your white you probably don't scar too badly, honestly this all comes down to how good the surgeon is, if your happy only getting very minor lowering then "maybe" a transplant is ok but anything over 2cm imo will just not make sense.
you mentioned your hair is thin and light which means that you will need to compensate with very high density which of course is not possible in one procedure with a transplant and will be bad for your donor
i have curly hair so my coverage would be superior but even i notice the thinness so having thin straight hair would be literally one of the worst kinds of hair to transplant

• +1
I need exactly 2cm. Isn't donor area irrelevant with FUE? The doctor mentioned you can use body hair and hair from other areas as well.

good post op

do you know if it will raise eyebrows ?
i have high eyebrows :feelsrope:

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel
  • +1
Yes, it is possible to raise the eyebrows.
".....It should be noted that although forehead reduction surgery reduces the height of the forehead and may change the appearance of the eyebrows, it does not necessarily raise the eyebrows.

If necessary, a separate surgery called a brow lift can be performed at the same time as the hairline lowering surgery."

:feelswah::feelswah::feelswah::feelswah::feelswah:

idk anymore

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: pizza and Lawton88
I need exactly 2cm. Isn't donor area irrelevant with FUE? The doctor mentioned you can use body hair and hair from other areas as well.
ok let me educate you right now

body hair transplants are the biggest copium in recorded history

Your body is more likely to reject hair that is implanted from further away from your head, which is why the order of donor priority goes scalp then beard, then chest these are literally the only places where you can take hair and the last 2 still have a very high rejection rate.
in the case you get a rejection you will be left with scarring and a "dormant" follicle many doctors have noticed that after a failed body hair transplant further grafting in the area becomes near impossible as if you were "salting" your scalp.
Another issue is that body hair is "androgenic" hair meaning that it is reliant on androgens to grow therefore it is inherently not compatible with medications like finasteride since they will lower the androgens in your body and cause your transplanted hair to thin which is counterproductive.

now even after all this you manage to get a successful body hair transplant you have to realize that the average man probably has well under 2000 useable body hair grafts to use, which is not enough to cover a scalp with any adequate density, lastly, the characteristics of the transplanted hair will not change completely if i put pubes on your head it would grow to pube length and look like shit, the only time body hair transplants make sense is if they are hidden within native or transplanted scalp hair as "filler" to add density but should stay very far away from the hairline

• +1
Reactions: FreakkForLife, Deleted member 11370, Marsiere214 and 3 others
ok let me educate you right now

body hair transplants are the biggest copium in recorded history

Your body is more likely to reject hair that is implanted from further away from your head, which is why the order of donor priority goes scalp then beard, then chest these are literally the only places where you can take hair and the last 2 still have a very high rejection rate.
in the case you get a rejection you will be left with scarring and a "dormant" follicle many doctors have noticed that after a failed body hair transplant further grafting in the area becomes near impossible as if you were "salting" your scalp.
Another issue is that body hair is "androgenic" hair meaning that it is reliant on androgens to grow therefore it is inherently not compatible with medications like finasteride since they will lower the androgens in your body and cause your transplanted hair to thin which is counterproductive.

now even after all this you manage to get a successful body hair transplant you have to realize that the average man probably has well under 2000 useable body hair grafts to use, which is not enough to cover a scalp with any adequate density, lastly, the characteristics of the transplanted hair will not change completely if i put pubes on your head it would grow to pube length and look like shit, the only time body hair transplants make sense is if they are hidden within native or transplanted scalp hair as "filler" to add density but should stay very far away from the hairline
How do people achieve those 6000-8000 graft transplants?

Ok i may have made the biggest mistake of my life at this point but i hope that this post helps someone here so they dont have to go through the literal hell i was in for in the last 8 months.

I am an almost 20 years old east African and sadly have been curse with a fivehead which absolutely ruins my facial harmony and honestly subtracts 3 PSL, I coped by wearing my hair in an afro and "picking it down" in an attempt to cover some of the hairline, though it worked for a few years the slightest breeze would push my hair up and fuck up my hair or maybe i would wear a hat or stand in the rain and then I'd have to restyle my hair in an attempt to hide my hairline.
I literally had to start mirror checking every few hours or grooming before going outside to make sure my shit wasn't fucked up and this was honestly very mentally taxing (if i was at least white i could have just been able to wear bangs but i have afro hair so not possible). Btw if anyone is asking I am not making this up when i say i have a big forehead i would literally get called out for it if my frauding didn't work and have been bullied for it my entire life when i had short hair.
(my hairline was around 4.5-5 fingers tall, this coupled with my sparse eyebrows and my relatively small lower third made me literally look like Megamind)

Anyway this stunted me socially severely since i did not want to be anxious about how i looked, it held me back in literally everything i did, i can say with full confidence that i would almost definitely kill myself within the next 5 years if i didn't do anything about it.
So i decided that before i went to uni i had to get my shit sorted i worked at a carpentry store like a slave for 3 months and added some student loan money to be able to afford a hair transplant as i heard it was the only way to lower a high hairline (I will explain why this is bullshit in my last paragraph)
I went to HOI to get it done you can find my thread about it on my profile but as of right now i can tell you that the result isn't horrible iam about 7 months in and dont expect a huge difference to happen but i can say the result is the minimum of what i would call satisfactory, my donor is noticeable thinner my hair line is now 4 fingers so like 0.5-1cm lower but it still looks big and i would still try and cover my hairline with an afro when i can grow one out, but what i can tell you now is that the density is NOT GOOD, in pictures or with hair fibres it doesnt look bad but up close, under the sun or any kind of downlighting you can almost clearly see into my scalp as if i was thinning, and this is after 2500 grafts mind you with very little new coverage. i made alot of mistakes in my hair transplant consultation which honestly weren't completely my own so its more 1300-1700 grafts for the new coverage since they transplant hair behind my hairline when I didn't ask them to just to reach some arbitrary extraction number.

now im in the position where i HAVE to get a second transplant to lower my hairline AGAIN and transplant into the thinning areas, this will without a doubt use up all the grafts i can tolerate losing in the back of my scalp to complete so a third transplant would be completely out of the question.
I am in this position not because i was ignorant, but because i took bad advice from people that spew the same nonsense in hairloss forums of only getting a hair transplant if you are male.

Eventhough i am relatively young i can say that i have a very low probability of losing my hair anytime soon (as my maternal grandfather died at 70 with a norwood 1 and i have the same hairline since 8 years old) even if i were to be prone to male pattern baldness i am more than prepared to go on heavy duty medication to preserve my hair like dut or ru, therefore going bald would not be a factor, but in the worst-case scenario i can say with certainty that hair cloning should be commercially available within the next 15 years max so keeping my hair in good condition with medication/surgery should be very possible for my entire life.

This is what crackpot surgeons like william rassman and brainlet forum cretins dont consider at all, that with good precautions and motivation 99% of men can keep their hair into their late 40's with minimal loss.
The only argument against hairline lowering is that in the case you go bald you will be left "deformed" with an ugly scar that you can not do anything about, other than that it is a better surgery in every sense of the word.

Why if you have a tall forehead you should almost ALWAYS go for hairline lowering first:
What i wanted ideally was a 3cm lowering of my forehead, this can be done easily with hairline lowering and maintains all of your original hair density, it is the equivalent of a 6000 graft transplant which is impossible to do without butchering the back of your head and going through multiple transplants, this isn't even factoring stuff like transaction rates, pluggy hairlines from using multi grafts, 8-12 month growing time for each transplant , etc
After only 1 surgery you would have an instantly lower hairline and maintain natural hair density without having a fucked up donor, now in the case that you do have a noticeable scar, (which is an outlier as with a trichophytic closure hair would hide the scar) you can graft hair onto the scar with a minor fue transplant of around 1000 grafts and/or get smp. Thats it!

not only is it the better surgery but it also saves you hairs in the long term, think about it if you blew all your grafts to lower by 2-3cm with good density now you have no donor left to get another transplant so when your hairline does recede you have no option but to shave completely but if you started with the hairline lowering you should have thousands of grafts remaining to cover the lost ground wayyyy more effectively, even in the worst case where you neglect your hair completely and go full bald, if you went to a good surgeon the scar is actually very minimal and can be hidden with SMP or even makeup foundation if you are female. having shitty hair plugs from fue or fut will have to be lasered off and you will still have scarring on your recipient and donor no matter what option you choose.

Now i am in the position where i have to either go and remove my grafted transplant hair and get it lowered and accept the financial loss and having a scarred and thinner donor area for the rest of my life or i follow through with my original decision and go to a good hair transplant doctor to make use of my remaining usable donor hair to complete what i originally wanted. both options have pros and cons but as of right now im leaning on the second as getting a transplant first will scar your hairline and make hairline lowering risky since it will grow the scar, increase the chances of having loss of blood vessels to my hairline which in turn will cause hair loss or even worse necrosis.

the last benefit of hairline lowering that came to mind: it will reduce forehead mobility by quite a bit and expectedly tighten skin, this seems like a bad thing but it is actually very good as it will basically act like permanent botox and you will probably never develop any forehead wrinkles or maybe even frown lines

TLDR: if you have a naturally high hairline always go for hairline lowering first regardless if you are male or female especially if you want over 2cm lowering

Sorry its a very long and ranty post but if you are considering getting this done please read everything. if i could go back in time and know what i know now i could have avoided so much torment, im still not even recovered it stole a year off me and wasted so much money, grafts and time that i can't ever get back getting anti-depressant medication, worsening BDD and daily suicidal ideations have been my life for the past 10 months.
Read everything

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, Danish_Retard and HighTierNormie
How do people achieve those 6000-8000 graft transplants?
by having big fut strip surgeries and naturally high donor density, with fue if you are white then 4000-5000 is your absolute max and even then you will have noticeable thinning on the back of your scalp but most people opt to shave there hair short on the sides so they dont care

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 7725
good post op

do you know if it will raise eyebrows ?
i have high eyebrows :feelsrope:
it will depend on how loose your forehead and scalp skin is, if you have a loose scalp you will get a very fine scar and will not affect your eyebrows at all.
if your scalp is very tight then you will either need to get an expander or get minor lowering as you don't want the scar to have too much tension and stretch i assume that the position of the eyebrows will only change if your scalp skin was tighter than average and/or you had more aggressive lowering

• +1
by

by the way , you should had got a bigger lower third first as that would make hairline look smaller

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: horizontallytall, FreakkForLife and HighTierNormie
".....It should be noted that although forehead reduction surgery reduces the height of the forehead and may change the appearance of the eyebrows, it does not necessarily raise the eyebrows.

If necessary, a separate surgery called a brow lift can be performed at the same time as the hairline lowering surgery."

:feelswah::feelswah::feelswah::feelswah::feelswah:

idk anymore

"If you have a family history of pattern balding, forehead reduction surgery may not be right for you."

well

what if i want to lower my hairline by only 1 cm and make it straight?

will forehead reduction with a hair transplant later be ideal or should i get a hair transplant only

Hair transplants to lower hairlines are way more realistic looking that forehead reduction surgery. Forehead reduction leaves a huge scar and you can't bring the temples down as well. Getting my 2nd HT to lower a naturally high hairline soon.

im so sorry, nigger

I need this, oh god i need this

How much is it and what country?

pictures

I'm gonna get my hair line lowered later this year or next year man, its around £2000 in Turkey and it will give me better harmony my forehead is massive, usually covered it with a fringe but its still noticeable

Hair transplants to lower hairlines are way more realistic looking that forehead reduction surgery. Forehead reduction leaves a huge scar and you can't bring the temples down as well. Getting my 2nd HT to lower a naturally high hairline soon.
Best would be forehead reduction for lower hairline and then a transplant for narrower temples. This is assuming you're not balding and have a straight high hairline.

Best would be forehead reduction for lower hairline and then a transplant for narrower temples. This is assuming you're not balding and have a straight high hairline.
Terrible idea. Forehead lowering has a risk of raising your eyebrows, visible scar depending on hair texture and color, unnatural hairline shape, and never being able to get a buzzcut again. It's only good for women and black/Hispanic men since it's natural for them to have very low and straight hairlines at all ages. Not to mention what will happen if you start balding.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa
Terrible idea. Forehead lowering has a risk of raising your eyebrows, visible scar depending on hair texture and color, unnatural hairline shape, and never being able to get a buzzcut again. It's only good for women and black/Hispanic men since it's natural for them to have very low and straight hairlines at all ages. Not to mention what will happen if you start balding.
Hair transplants have meme tier density and can't be placed below wrinkles due to the nature of the individual grafts

• +1
Reactions: FreakkForLife and Deleted member 13994
Forehead reduction looks uncanny and leaves a nasty scar. HT is much more realistic.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
Its transplanted grafts. They didn't cut his forehead and lower it they placed induvidual hair grafts taken from the back off his head
No it's not. You can see the incision behind his hairline.

Sorry to hear your story, bro. At least sharing your story does some good for other people. Hope everything works out for you the end.

I had hairline lowering, " you can graft hair onto the scar with a minor fue transplant of around 1000 grafts and/or get smp. Thats it!" please what is SMP ?

very good thread btw

I had hairline lowering, " you can graft hair onto the scar with a minor fue transplant of around 1000 grafts and/or get smp. Thats it!" please what is SMP ?

very good thread btw
are you satisfied with the result?
do you have pics?

are you satisfied with the result?
do you have pics?
they reduced 2.5cm yes good results but I will need hair transplant for more square hairline and hide the scar

they reduced 2.5cm yes good results but I will need hair transplant for more squared hairline and hide the scar
I'm looking to do the same thing (lowering and ht)
damn the scar is visible even with hair on top?

I'm looking to do the same thing (lowering and ht)
damn the scar is visible even with hair on top?
No with hair on top you dont see scar pm me your hairline if u want

Dont ever hurt yourself bro.. do shit for yourself and stay around no matter what... we wsnt you around bro...

And ur my east african brotha, went thru the same shit as me. Still going thru it.. my forehead and hairline is noticeably bad too... i dont have any real solutions... worse than that my hair is thinning due to hypothyroidism (it started bc of adhd)

Its transplanted grafts. They didn't cut his forehead and lower it they placed induvidual hair grafts taken from the back off his head
you are really gonna post something, be wrong about it, then double down when corrected. This was hairline/forehead lowering.

Now i am in the position where i have to either go and remove my grafted transplant hair and get it lowered..

Thanks for the great thread
And All the Best to you

One thing i don't get:
Why do you have to 'remove grafted transplant hair' to get it lowered in the hairline lowering surgery?
There is no removing of grafted hair, is there? Thanks

Thanks for posting, OP. Btw do you have before/after pictures of yourself?

What made you change idea?

• +1
Reactions: FreakkForLife