THE ONLY WAY TO FIX LARGE FOREHEAD (DO NOT MAKE MY MISTAKE)

Ok i may have made the biggest mistake of my life at this point but i hope that this post helps someone here so they dont have to go through the literal hell i was in for in the last 8 months.

(first paragraph here is basically my backstory with this)

I am an almost 20 years old east African and sadly have been curse with a fivehead which absolutely ruins my facial harmony and honestly subtracts 3 PSL, I coped by wearing my hair in an afro and "picking it down" in an attempt to cover some of the hairline, though it worked for a few years the slightest breeze would push my hair up and fuck up my hair or maybe i would wear a hat or stand in the rain and then I'd have to restyle my hair in an attempt to hide my hairline.
I literally had to start mirror checking every few hours or grooming before going outside to make sure my shit wasn't fucked up and this was honestly very mentally taxing (if i was at least white i could have just been able to wear bangs but i have afro hair so not possible). Btw if anyone is asking I am not making this up when i say i have a big forehead i would literally get called out for it if my frauding didn't work and have been bullied for it my entire life when i had short hair.
(my hairline was around 4.5-5 fingers tall, this coupled with my sparse eyebrows and my relatively small lower third made me literally look like Megamind)

Anyway this stunted me socially severely since i did not want to be anxious about how i looked, it held me back in literally everything i did, i can say with full confidence that i would almost definitely kill myself within the next 5 years if i didn't do anything about it.
So i decided that before i went to uni i had to get my shit sorted i worked at a carpentry store like a slave for 3 months and added some student loan money to be able to afford a hair transplant as i heard it was the only way to lower a high hairline (I will explain why this is bullshit in my last paragraph)
I went to HOI to get it done you can find my thread about it on my profile but as of right now i can tell you that the result isn't horrible iam about 7 months in and dont expect a huge difference to happen but i can say the result is the minimum of what i would call satisfactory, my donor is noticeable thinner my hair line is now 4 fingers so like 0.5-1cm lower but it still looks big and i would still try and cover my hairline with an afro when i can grow one out, but what i can tell you now is that the density is NOT GOOD, in pictures or with hair fibres it doesnt look bad but up close, under the sun or any kind of downlighting you can almost clearly see into my scalp as if i was thinning, and this is after 2500 grafts mind you with very little new coverage. i made alot of mistakes in my hair transplant consultation which honestly weren't completely my own so its more 1300-1700 grafts for the new coverage since they transplant hair behind my hairline when I didn't ask them to just to reach some arbitrary extraction number.

now im in the position where i HAVE to get a second transplant to lower my hairline AGAIN and transplant into the thinning areas, this will without a doubt use up all the grafts i can tolerate losing in the back of my scalp to complete so a third transplant would be completely out of the question.
I am in this position not because i was ignorant, but because i took bad advice from people that spew the same nonsense in hairloss forums of only getting a hair transplant if you are male.

WHAT I SHOULD HAVE DONE AND WHY:
Eventhough i am relatively young i can say that i have a very low probability of losing my hair anytime soon (as my maternal grandfather died at 70 with a norwood 1 and i have the same hairline since 8 years old) even if i were to be prone to male pattern baldness i am more than prepared to go on heavy duty medication to preserve my hair like dut or ru, therefore going bald would not be a factor, but in the worst-case scenario i can say with certainty that hair cloning should be commercially available within the next 15 years max so keeping my hair in good condition with medication/surgery should be very possible for my entire life.

This is what crackpot surgeons like william rassman and brainlet forum cretins dont consider at all, that with good precautions and motivation 99% of men can keep their hair into their late 40's with minimal loss.
The only argument against hairline lowering is that in the case you go bald you will be left "deformed" with an ugly scar that you can not do anything about, other than that it is a better surgery in every sense of the word.

Why if you have a tall forehead you should almost ALWAYS go for hairline lowering first:
What i wanted ideally was a 3cm lowering of my forehead, this can be done easily with hairline lowering and maintains all of your original hair density, it is the equivalent of a 6000 graft transplant which is impossible to do without butchering the back of your head and going through multiple transplants, this isn't even factoring stuff like transaction rates, pluggy hairlines from using multi grafts, 8-12 month growing time for each transplant , etc
After only 1 surgery you would have an instantly lower hairline and maintain natural hair density without having a fucked up donor, now in the case that you do have a noticeable scar, (which is an outlier as with a trichophytic closure hair would hide the scar) you can graft hair onto the scar with a minor fue transplant of around 1000 grafts and/or get smp. Thats it!

not only is it the better surgery but it also saves you hairs in the long term, think about it if you blew all your grafts to lower by 2-3cm with good density now you have no donor left to get another transplant so when your hairline does recede you have no option but to shave completely but if you started with the hairline lowering you should have thousands of grafts remaining to cover the lost ground wayyyy more effectively, even in the worst case where you neglect your hair completely and go full bald, if you went to a good surgeon the scar is actually very minimal and can be hidden with SMP or even makeup foundation if you are female. having shitty hair plugs from fue or fut will have to be lasered off and you will still have scarring on your recipient and donor no matter what option you choose.

Now i am in the position where i have to either go and remove my grafted transplant hair and get it lowered and accept the financial loss and having a scarred and thinner donor area for the rest of my life or i follow through with my original decision and go to a good hair transplant doctor to make use of my remaining usable donor hair to complete what i originally wanted. both options have pros and cons but as of right now im leaning on the second as getting a transplant first will scar your hairline and make hairline lowering risky since it will grow the scar, increase the chances of having loss of blood vessels to my hairline which in turn will cause hair loss or even worse necrosis.

the last benefit of hairline lowering that came to mind: it will reduce forehead mobility by quite a bit and expectedly tighten skin, this seems like a bad thing but it is actually very good as it will basically act like permanent botox and you will probably never develop any forehead wrinkles or maybe even frown lines

TLDR: if you have a naturally high hairline always go for hairline lowering first regardless if you are male or female especially if you want over 2cm lowering

Sorry its a very long and ranty post but if you are considering getting this done please read everything. if i could go back in time and know what i know now i could have avoided so much torment, im still not even recovered it stole a year off me and wasted so much money, grafts and time that i can't ever get back getting anti-depressant medication, worsening BDD and daily suicidal ideations have been my life for the past 10 months.
Dnr

Only good if combined with hair transplant.
are you 100% sure you won't lose hair from the top spot, so behind the trasplanted hairs and in front of the scar or are you on fin/ru?

are you 100% sure you won't lose hair from the top spot, so behind the trasplanted hairs and in front of the scar or are you on fin/ru?
Yes, I will lose the hair behind it, but I can't even grow a beard yet so I hope I won't go bald for a while. DNA test said 80% chance I won't experience any balding before 40. When I start balding, I'll use fin/ru or alternatively I can use a hair system since the only noticeable part of a hair system is the hairline, so it would be completely unnoticeable if placed behind the transplanted hairline.

One of the few good posts this past few weeks. Ignore the retards and thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Fantastic advice I'm sure for people with large foreheads, I didn't read it because my thirds are perfect but good job on the essay.