The power of time

D

Deleted member 439

what would jordan do?
Dont underestimate the power of consistent effort. Stop looking for quick fixes and fast copes. Everyone is so obsessed with losing weight in 2weeks, or finding a 100x crypto gem, in the long run you just end up were you were before. 90% of people end up failing after a few weeks. Some perspective:

1. If you were to invest 20k into the S&P500, and contribute 1k per month ( which everyone can do passively)

2. If you ate at a 500calorie deficit you would lose 25kg in a year.

3. If you gained 1kg on your bench press a week you would gain 52kg in a year (just an example, even tho there are diminishing returns).

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AlexAP, Baguvix, Deleted member 8244 and 7 others
Good post. Just to add a perspective, this phenomenon is being studied under the concept of "time value of money" in finance theory.

Dont underestimate the power of consistent effort. Stop looking for quick fixes and fast copes. Everyone is so obsessed with losing weight in 2weeks, or finding a 100x crypto gem, in the long run you just end up were you were before. 90% of people end up failing after a few weeks. Some perspective:

1. If you were to invest 20k into the S&P500, and contribute 1k per month ( which everyone can do passively)
View attachment 1120815

2. If you ate at a 500calorie deficit you would lose 25kg in a year.

3. If you gained 1kg on your bench press a week you would gain 52kg in a year (just an example, even tho there are diminishing returns).

View attachment 1120823
Very important thread. I could be in such a better position if 2 years ago I just tried to slowly progress with looksmaxing
(Lost weight -> Worked on posture -> Gain muscle) but instead I tried to rush it and did everything at once and ended up accomplishing nothing. Quick progression like trying to eat at a 1500 calorie deflect or spending 1 hour + a day in the gym just isn't sustainable.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8244