The problem with minoxidil for facial hair

Lux

Lux

Kraken
I've seen a lot of minoxidil transformations & it's clear the stuff works. My problem is that most guys have a natural pattern that their facial hair grows in that looks infinitely better than hair just sprouting everywhere uniformly on your lower facial third. If you start that path with minoxidil you'll have to constantly maintain & groom your facial hair which also kind of defeats the purpose. Facial hair should be scruffy & masculine, when you make it look tryhard & metrosexual that defeats the point. Not saying it can't work, just that natural facial hair is better.

Download 30
Download 24

NAXVVWL4IM7WXP64UOGWNIAOYI
Download 31

Download 32
Download 25

• +1
Reactions: PYT
I've seen a lot of minoxidil transformations & it's clear the stuff works. My problem is that most guys have a natural pattern that their facial hair grows in that looks infinitely better than hair just sprouting everywhere uniformly on your lower facial third. If you start that path with minoxidil you'll have to constantly maintain & groom your facial hair which also kind of defeats the purpose. Facial hair should be scruffy & masculine, when you make it look tryhard & metrosexual that defeats the point. Not saying it can't work, just that natural facial hair is better.

View attachment 1461413View attachment 1461414

View attachment 1461415View attachment 1461417
View attachment 1461418View attachment 1461419
I think I get you

couldn’t you just recreate that with smart placement though

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, JimmyDreamsOfZygos and Lux
also MINOXIDIL kill collagen

• +1
  • Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: eyebagcel, Preoximerianas, JimmyDreamsOfZygos and 2 others
Dumb argument goodness

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9670, highT and Lux

View attachment 1461413View attachment 1461414

View attachment 1461415View attachment 1461417
View attachment 1461418View attachment 1461419
Not really how it works entirely.

Its still largely dependant on natural growth patterns.

I have notived most gains where I already have hair, I.e my chin, mustache, and sideburns.

I have hair where i never had it before, like the neck and cheeks. But its a lot more sparse, and i have had less gains there

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32529 and Lux
Sounds like a theoretical issue that doesn't really apply.

From what I have seen, minoxidil beards give the same results in terms of facial hair growth as regular beards. What I mean is that the "problem areas" for filling in (the area between the goatee area and sideburns in particular) seem to be the last to fill in when the facial hair starts to thicken. Also, the area on the bottom lip on the sides (not the center of the bottom lip) are late to fill in as well, if that area fills in at all (I think this is genetic). As a result, the beards seem to look very "natural" at every stage.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa
lol so your argument is that a patchy beard looks better than a full beard. cope harder

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
minoxidil doesn’t kill collagen it just dialates the blood vessels under your skin so your skin looks really weird and sort of leathery. topical minoxidil doesn’t have this affect for me.
are there any ways to mitigate this