The Ratings section is flawed

Deleted member 5683

Deleted member 5683

Kraken
I rarely see anyone give an actual rating in this section. Don’t get me wrong, I love shitposting in here, but when someone posts his pictures and he gets 0 proper ratings you know something is wrong.

Here’s what’s wrong with the Ratings section and how we can fix it.

• No one uses the PSL rating scale anymore because it is flawed, obsolete and confusing

Here’s an explanation of the PSL system made by user ugliest on Lookism, 2016:

https://lookism.net/threads/the-psl-rating-system-explained-useful-thread.138895/#post-1254487

PSL rating system:
rating system developed by people who are more interested and educated in human appearance. It is considered to be politically incorrect and is rejected by society by being untrue and pro-bullying. The name PSL comes from 3 websites that developed and use the rating system: PuaHate(P), Sluthate(S) and Lookism(L).

Examples of PSL rating system:
lookism.net 23/10/2016 - "Fucking slayer, 7/10 legit PSL imo"
lookism.net 11/04/2016 - " Stfu he has god tier bones. Easy 7/10 psl tbh"

CONCLUSION

PSL rating system is harsher then IRL rating system by 1.25 on average.
People should mention which rating system they are using when shitposting on Lookism by saying irl or psl after a rating number(example: 5/10 psl).

It is also accepted in PSL culture that a 10/10 doesnt exist and taking into account that different people see different things differently, a maximum accepted looks rating a person can have is 8/10 PSL which is 10/10 IRL(8*1.25=10).

There are some deviations aswell, as in falling in love with somebody. When you fall in love with somebody that person gets +1 in looks but only in YOUR EYES, he still has the same looks level in other people eyes.

Conversion table

1/10 psl = 1.25/10 irl
2/10 psl = 2.5/10 irl
3/10 psl = 3.75/10 irl
4/10 psl = 5.0/10 irl
5/10 psl = 6.25/10 irl
6/10 psl = 7.5/10 irl
7/10 psl = 8.75/10 irl
8/10 psl = 10/10 irl

Issues I have with this

• Trying to convert PSL to IRL is nonsensical, it’s like trying to convert dog years to human years. This is because people’s ratings in real life are very sugar-coated, and even an honest normie’s rating would be fundamentally different to a PSL one, because that normie would lack the knowledge in facial aesthetics that we possess.
  • IRL rating isn’t as confusing because the scale is often specified unlike PSL. Example: IRL: You’re a 5/10 // PSL: You’re a PSL 4
  • There’s arguing on whether the PSL scale goes up to 8 or 9, but no one argues that IRL goes up to 10; this is partly because a decile system is always better, just like the metric system is better (and more widely used) than the imperial system.
  • It tries to be different but ultimately it just reduces the scale from 10 to 8.

• Numbers are objective, looks are not
Before you tell me I’m a bluepilled cuck, hear me out. (WARNING: Autistic explanation ahead, if you already agree skip it)

Looks are subjective in the same way movies, books, videogames, etc. are subjective, Let’s use the movies example: whether A Clockwork Orange is a better movie than Pulp Fiction it’s very subjective, but you can’t tell me The Room or Birdemic are better movies than The Godfather.
In the same way, whether Chico is better looking than O’Pry is subjective, but obviously both are objectively better looking than St. Blackops2cel. I would argue that this applies to almost anything that we tend to rate and compare: talent, skill, intelligence, performance, quality, art, etc.

TL;DR: Looks are both subjective and objective

• My suggestion: Tiers rating

For men:

-Trucel

-Incel

-Low Tier Normie

-Normie

-High Tier Normie

-Chadlite

-Chad

-Gigachad

For women:

-Trufemcel

-Femcel

-Low Tier Becky

-Becky

-High Tier Becky

-Stacylite

-Stacy

-Gigastacy

• Why I think this system is better:
  • These are terms that I assume everyone on this community is familiar with.
  • Since we already established that looks are subjective to a degree, a tier system with only 8 categories is broader overall. (This is partly because when people use a numeric system to rate, they take the liberty of using decimals).
  • THIS SYSTEM IS ALREADY BEING USED:
Zyn malik

• Suggestion Nº2: Make a guide

Make a guide like the one at r/truerateme, with pictures as examples of each tier.

@Sergeant

@knajjd

@jefferson

@Lorsss

@Dude420

@Framletgod

@BigBiceps

@Aesthetic

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2658, SpearOfOrion, CrazyFitLover and 9 others
088F5584 F52F 446F B5A2 EF11EDACEC72

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Short Ugly and Brown and Nosecel
The whole problem is a pic don't translate to irl looks, only an indicator.
The problem is that looks change in motion when the frauding is more difficult.

Most here either use shit pics or use extremely frauded ones.

Just make a tinder account to get the best indicator of you're look level in you're area.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5052 and Deleted member 6908

Just make a tinder account to get the best indicator of you're look level in you're area.
In today's age how you look in a still picture matters a lot. Dating apps, social media, etc.

• +1
Reactions: Ascensionrequired and Deleted member 6908

You almost made a good post.

If your looks don't translate to real life and/or your picture is extremely filtered/photoshopped, how is putting that shit on tinder going to give you any indicator of your looks level?

Tinder is a sexual market value barometer. As well as how photogenic you are. That's all.
In today's age how you look in a still picture matters a lot. Dating apps, social media, etc.

Valid point. Unfortunately.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5187 and Deleted member 5683
Imo instead of getting arbitrary numbers for their pictures from strangers in the internet, people here should advice what they like about someone's face and what they don't and what can be realistically done about them. Truerateme ratings are always more accurate than here in this regard especially if you're ethnic. And of course people here should stop recommending everyone lefort 3 jfl.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6908 and Deleted member 5683
Imo instead of getting arbitrary numbers for their pictures from strangers in the internet, people here should advice what they like about someone's face and what they don't and what can be realistically done about them. Truerateme ratings are always more accurate than here in this regard especially if you're ethnic. And of course people here should stop recommending everyone lefort 3 jfl.
If you want that type of feedback you can always ask for looksmaxxing advice. Just say something like: "I don't want any ratings. Just tell me what I can do to improve".

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5052
Hey guys Iam a chad,but I have only hugged 3 girls my age in my entire laughed and Iam getting bullied on daily base:chad:
In my entire life*
Fuck you autocorrect

Hey guys Iam a chad,but I have only hugged 3 girls my age in my entire laughed and Iam getting bullied on daily base:chad:
In my entire life*
Fuck you autocorrect
What's the point of your post bro

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Ascensionrequired and Chad69
What's the point of your post bro
I wanted to say that your guide is incorrect bro
We cant judge people like that
Rating is just guessing random numbers
Rather list someones flaw and told him how to fix them instead of giving him some random number

I wanted to say that your guide is incorrect bro
We cant judge people like that
Rating is just guessing random numbers
Rather list someones flaw and told him how to fix them instead of giving him some random number
Im literally saying don't rate by numbers, instead use tiers (incel, normie, chad, etc)

Remember we also rate other people here, hence the [Not OP] tag. No point in giving looksmax advice there.

• +1
Reactions: Chad69
I suggested that a while ago, makes much more sense because most people can agree on whether someone is a Chad or a High Tier normie or a Truecel...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5683
Im literally saying don't rate by numbers, instead use tiers (incel, normie, chad, etc)

Remember we also rate other people here, hence the [Not OP] tag. No point in giving looksmax advice there.
Yeah sorry I haven’t read it fully my bad

• +1
I suggested that a while ago, makes much more sense because most people can agree on whether someone is a Chad or a High Tier normie or a Truecel...
Let's hope the mods listen this time

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand and Ascensionrequired
I rarely see anyone give an actual rating in this section. Don’t get me wrong, I love shitposting in here, but when someone posts his pictures and he gets 0 proper ratings you know something is wrong.

Here’s what’s wrong with the Ratings section and how we can fix it.

• No one uses the PSL rating scale anymore because it is flawed, obsolete and confusing

Here’s an explanation of the PSL system made by user ugliest on Lookism, 2016:

https://lookism.net/threads/the-psl-rating-system-explained-useful-thread.138895/#post-1254487

Issues I have with this

• Trying to convert PSL to IRL is nonsensical, it’s like trying to convert dog years to human years. This is because people’s ratings in real life are very sugar-coated, and even an honest normie’s rating would be fundamentally different to a PSL one, because that normie would lack the knowledge in facial aesthetics that we possess.
  • IRL rating isn’t as confusing because the scale is often specified unlike PSL. Example: IRL: You’re a 5/10 // PSL: You’re a PSL 4
  • There’s arguing on whether the PSL scale goes up to 8 or 9, but no one argues that IRL goes up to 10; this is partly because a decile system is always better, just like the metric system is better (and more widely used) than the imperial system.
  • It tries to be different but ultimately it just reduces the scale from 10 to 8.

• Numbers are objective, looks are not
Before you tell me I’m a bluepilled cuck, hear me out. (WARNING: Autistic explanation ahead, if you already agree skip it)

Looks are subjective in the same way movies, books, videogames, etc. are subjective, Let’s use the movies example: whether A Clockwork Orange is a better movie than Pulp Fiction it’s very subjective, but you can’t tell me The Room or Birdemic are better movies than The Godfather.
In the same way, whether Chico is better looking than O’Pry is subjective, but obviously both are objectively better looking than St. Blackops2cel. I would argue that this applies to almost anything that we tend to rate and compare: talent, skill, intelligence, performance, quality, art, etc.

TL;DR: Looks are both subjective and objective

• My suggestion: Tiers rating

For men:

-Trucel

-Incel

-Low Tier Normie

-Normie

-High Tier Normie

-Chadlite

-Chad

-Gigachad

For women:

-Trufemcel

-Femcel

-Low Tier Becky

-Becky

-High Tier Becky

-Stacylite

-Stacy

-Gigastacy

• Why I think this system is better:
  • These are terms that I assume everyone on this community is familiar with.
  • Since we already established that looks are subjective to a degree, a tier system with only 8 categories is broader overall. (This is partly because when people use a numeric system to rate, they take the liberty of using decimals).
  • THIS SYSTEM IS ALREADY BEING USED:
View attachment 418266

• Suggestion Nº2: Make a guide

Make a guide like the one at r/truerateme, with pictures as examples of each tier.

@Sergeant

@knajjd

@jefferson

@Lorsss

@Dude420

@Framletgod

@BigBiceps

@Aesthetic

0.06% match rate. Gigaover for me.

I agree we should use the qualitative scale of Chadlite/chad/gigachad. 1-8 psl sclae is insconsistent

• +1