The react system is flawed, and making the forum worse. Here's why

Veganist

Veganist

Demon
You already know why. You abuse it yourself. It provides easy engagement in the form of reacts, as a reward for lazy shitposts.

It discourages high effort threads that would kickstart meaningful conversations, because everyone is gonna post low effort "funny" responses to them in order to farm alerts.

My suggestion to the administration would be to completely turn off reacts. Let the content of each one's posts be the reward system of this forum.

• +1
  • Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: twojei, theonewhocantascend, rand anon and 13 others
forum is dead it doesnt matter

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: mogstars, ChadL1te, murdah and 3 others
You already know why. You abuse it yourself. It provides easy engagement in the form of reacts, as a reward for lazy shitposts.

It discourages high effort threads that would kickstart meaningful conversations, because everyone is gonna post low effort "funny" responses to them in order to farm alerts.

My suggestion to the administration would be to completely turn off reacts. Let the content of each one's posts be the reward system of this forum.
Define high effort son

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel
Ur sand nigger face is flawed

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mogstars, murdah, <6PSLcel and 2 others
Post this in suggestions nigga

• +1
Reactions: mogstars, gr34ter, murdah and 2 others
sad but true, a genuine high IQ and well written response to someone will grant less reacts as opposed to just saying "kys stinky dalit"

• +1
Reactions: theonewhocantascend, murdah and Veganist
My suggestion to the administration would be to completely turn off reacts.
Giga retarded idea if you want to encoruage more muh high effort posts. People would just spam more and worse lower effort spam because they know their reaction scores wont be negatively affected and they can just get the name colors anyway

• +1
Reactions: M-1014
Giga retarded idea if you want to encoruage more muh high effort posts. People would just spam more and worse lower effort spam because they know their reaction scores wont be negatively affected and they can just get the name colors anyway
how do you know that? In other forums with no react system it's not like that at all.

Need a solution kind of inbetween.

• +1
Reactions: M-1014, murdah and Veganist
Need a solution kind of inbetween.
Im open to that. Like a limit of times you can react to posts each day. But that'd need some extra progamming (I dont think the forum software comes with this feature).

• +1
Reactions: silencio
Im open to that. Like a limit of times you can react to posts each day. But that'd need some extra progamming (I dont think the forum software comes with this feature).
That would be better surely

@Master

Turn Off reacts

If it worked properly due to non-stinky-dalit userbase, i would have 100k reacts

• +1
Reactions: Veganist
@Master

Turn Off reacts

If it worked properly due to non-stinky-dalit userbase, i would have 100k reacts
true

you are the best user here and getting nowhere near the credit you deserve

if this isn't proof of how shit the react system is then idk what is

• +1
Reactions: _MVP_

reps are actually good otherwise you would see way too many shitposts
if someone has a negative post rep then you can be sure that he is a shitposter

I dont even know the above Poster and He has high Rep.

• +1
I dont even know the above Poster and He has high Rep.
classic react farming nobody
not a single memorable post, just low-hanging fruit react-baits

react system is fine. it's the user base's utilization of it that sucks, which stems from the site's retarded and juvenile culture.

the culture is moulded by things like moderators, rules, enforcement of the rules, pinned posts, focus on monetization, etc

react system is fine. it's the user base's utilization of it that sucks, which stems from the site's retarded and juvenile culture.

the culture is moulded by things like moderators, rules, enforcement of the rules, pinned posts, focus on monetization, etc
so it's not fine, thanks

so it's not fine, thanks
stfu buddy

my point is that the issues with the community are larger than any specific software feature. taking away reacts and you are still left with a site ful of obnoxious, unfunny retarded kids

• +1