The reason it has been a while.

Seth Walsh

Seth Walsh

The man in the mirror is my only threat
Contributor
So. The Cryptocurrency markets have been ranging since circa March 2024.

My story.

As you all know, and as provable though my post history. You all know I started buying up Solana in January 2023. I started with very little money. Just hundreds of dollars.

In May 2023 I put $1000 into Solana and stuck to a very rigid system where I'd go long/short whenever price broke above/below the 200-day moving average line.

I made money. Thousands. I was levered up 3-5x and stuck to my trading rules.

In short, I ended up staying long Solana and started pyramiding (upping my leverage) as price picked up. By Oct-Nov 2023 I had waited 5-6 months and I was up 50-60% from my average entry point on the spot level. But I was levered almost 10x at that stage. Very aggressive approach but my unrealized P&L was something like $35k off of a $4-5k trade.

Then December 2023 happened. Price shot up. I kept pyramiding (https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/pyramiding.asp) and made myself a millionaire. Not entirely on the Solana trade, but a lot of the profit contribution came from another $40k 5x levered PancakeSwap trade which I made a few hundred K off.

2024 was harder. I kept my risk up. Markets got choppy and more volatile.

I remember losing more than my yearly salary in less than an hour in Feb 2024. Went to the bathroom to puke, got back to work. And stayed out of the market.

March - present has just been choppy. You cannot predict the market. That's rule #1.

People constantly ask for "signals" or "setups". But I can't do that for you. See that uptrend? That's where I made all the money. When the market gets choppy and volatile you get out.

Some people always ask me about a "trading guide". It's as simple as being patient and being good at managing risk and au fait with the trials and tribulations of trading. Fortunately, I have that.

I will never "sell" signals. I don't know anything more than JoeSchmoe.

I've been asked in DMs by over a dozen people about trading for them. I'll do it but only in a Fund structure where I take 5% of the funds per year as a management fee and a 50% incentive fee over the high water mark. It's also not worth it for me if I don't have enough money to trade with, as I have a very demanding career.

But if people want to come together to make money with me, then perhaps something can get set up. Sure, there's thousands of registered members on here who'd want nothing more than to have their money put to good use.

If you're not interested and just want to know why I haven't been "making calls", it's because the markets have been ranging for the past 6 months. Somehow since then I've been able to spot huge moves (idiosyncratic trends) such as Highstreet. But ideally you only want to trade in a TRENDING market. I hope that resonates and hits home.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Always Stay You, BoredPrince, NZb6Air and 2 others
So. The Cryptocurrency markets have been ranging since circa March 2024.

My story.

As you all know, and as provable though my post history. You all know I started buying up Solana in January 2023. I started with very little money. Just hundreds of dollars.

In May 2023 I put $1000 into Solana and stuck to a very rigid system where I'd go long/short whenever price broke above/below the 200-day moving average line.

I made money. Thousands. I was levered up 3-5x and stuck to my trading rules.

In short, I ended up staying long Solana and started pyramiding (upping my leverage) as price picked up. By Oct-Nov 2023 I had waited 5-6 months and I was up 50-60% from my average entry point on the spot level. But I was levered almost 10x at that stage. Very aggressive approach but my unrealized P&L was something like $35k off of a $4-5k trade.

Then December 2023 happened. Price shot up. I kept pyramiding (https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/pyramiding.asp) and made myself a millionaire. Not entirely on the Solana trade, but a lot of the profit contribution came from another $40k 5x levered PancakeSwap trade which I made a few hundred K off.

2024 was harder. I kept my risk up. Markets got choppy and more volatile.

I remember losing more than my yearly salary in less than an hour in Feb 2024. Went to the bathroom to puke, got back to work. And stayed out of the market.

March - present has just been choppy. You cannot predict the market. That's rule #1.

View attachment 3205010

People constantly ask for "signals" or "setups". But I can't do that for you. See that uptrend? That's where I made all the money. When the market gets choppy and volatile you get out.

Some people always ask me about a "trading guide". It's as simple as being patient and being good at managing risk and au fait with the trails and tribulations of trading. Fortunately, I have that.

I will never "sell" signals. I don't know anything more than JoeSchmoe.

I've been asked in DMs by over a dozen people about trading for them. I'll do it but only in a Fund structure where I take 5% of the funds per year as a management fee and a 50% incentive fee over the high water mark. It's also not worth it for me if I don't have enough money to trade with, as I have a very demanding career.

But if people want to come together to make money with me, then perhaps something can get set up. Sure, there's thousands of registered members on here who'd want nothing more than to have their money put to good use.

If you're not interested and just want to know why I haven't been "making calls", it's because the markets have been ranging for the past 6 months. Somehow since then I've been able to spot huge moves (idiosyncratic trends) such as Highstreet. But ideally you only want to trade in a TRENDING market. I hope that resonates and hits home.
Damn I never knew that niggas could ACC make money offa TS I thought everyone was a lying scammer, well in the end it is really all up to chance, though I'm a broke nigga don't think I'll be investing in anything until next year probs

• +1
Reactions: BoredPrince, NZb6Air, wastedspermcel and 1 other person
yes bhai just give me the routing number i'll deposit thousands rn

Damn I never knew that niggas could ACC make money offa TS I thought everyone was a lying scammer, well in the end it is really all up to chance, though I'm a broke nigga don't think I'll be investing in anything until next year probs

Documented 10x SPOT call with tons of wiggle room to increase leverage over half a year.

I know 1 or 2 people on here who actually made 5 figures from about a hundred bucks initial on this trade. In the end I think my main Solana trade did $350-400k profit. But I kept trading like an idiot after Dec 2023 when I should've just stayed with the trends.

Always look for trending markets. Buy something when it's going up in price. Hold it and don't sell it. When the trend exhausts fully, you can sell. Patience is a virtue, as is riding out that intra-trend volatility. Imagine I had sold at $20 or $25 instead of $150?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Sub5kang
Lol you can make hella money off of crypto but you have to be a degen to be profitable personally I wouldn’t trade that because you will lose your will to live very quick

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh and Sub5kang
Bro might actually be a genius nigga what da fuck, U gonna make any similar threads in 24/25?
Well this thread is explaining the reason I'm not is because the cryptocurrency market isn't trending. And my sole duty is to capitalize off of price deviations and directional volatility. I use rules to determine whether markets are trending or ranging, and I only ride out the trends.

The markets have been ranging for the past half year so I haven't been making calls. I coded my own software to detect breakouts and trade setups. Nothing has flagged in ages since Highstreet. But generally if Bitcoin isn't trending, you shouldn't trade anything.

I'm not a genius but I'm definitely neurodivergent. It's cool you said that though. There's more to learn, but like anything in life, you can only learn so much. Principles and rules are underrated. I stuck to that Solana trade for a year like a machine and always revelled in the possibility of an asymmetric payoff. And it happened. I didn't enter or exit the trade thinking I could predict the future. I simply knew what the rules were to profit off of a price trend.

• +1
Reactions: Sub5kang
Lol you can make hella money off of crypto but you have to be a degen to be profitable personally I wouldn’t trade that because you will lose your will to live very quick
Short term trading isn't worth it. You'll likely lose everything. The trend is your friend.

Short term trading isn't worth it. You'll likely lose everything. The trend is your friend.
Yep this is what I realised. Started trading crypto late 2023 and made a couple thousand, but I quickly lost all of it. Still remember the day I lost 5k off a shitty memecoin wanted to rope so hard :feelswhy::feelswhy:. But I had like 2 sol left put it in another coin and won BIG. Quit trading memecoins and put it one some AI projects backed by some big KOLs on twitter. Making decent money so far gonna probably take it out soon before it tanks.

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh
Well this thread is explaining the reason I'm not is because the cryptocurrency market isn't trending. And my sole duty is to capitalize off of price deviations and directional volatility. I use rules to determine whether markets are trending or ranging, and I only ride out the trends.

The markets have been ranging for the past half year so I haven't been making calls. I coded my own software to detect breakouts and trade setups. Nothing has flagged in ages since Highstreet. But generally if Bitcoin isn't trending, you shouldn't trade anything.

I'm not a genius but I'm definitely neurodivergent. It's cool you said that though. There's more to learn, but like anything in life, you can only learn so much. Principles and rules are underrated. I stuck to that Solana trade for a year like a machine and always revelled in the possibility of an asymmetric payoff. And it happened. I didn't enter or exit the trade thinking I could predict the future. I simply knew what the rules were to profit off of a price trend.
When you started out what tools did you use to learn? YouTube? Paid courses? There's so many tutorials that I have no clue where to start tbh

• +1
Yep this is what I realised. Started trading crypto late 2023 and made a couple thousand, but I quickly lost all of it. Still remember the day I lost 5k off a shitty memecoin wanted to rope so hard :feelswhy::feelswhy:. But I had like 2 sol left put it in another coin and won BIG. Quit trading memecoins and put it one some AI projects backed by some big KOLs on twitter. Making decent money so far gonna probably take it out soon before it tanks.
You need trading rules. Otherwise you're bound to lose everything. Have you ever read about Richard Dennis and the turtle traders in the 1980s. Dennis made $250M+ from $500 trading coffee, soybeans, natgas, crude oil etc. His rules are out there and very helpful. They work, basically. I applied some trendfollowing principles to crypto. But I also traded in ranging markets like an idiot. Lost life changing money in a day, like an idiot.

Tbh I can't believe this is real or that I'm real 😂

Seeing $xxxK in unrealized profit didn't excite me. When I cashed out some, I actually felt more depressed.

Life is weird.

And it's unfair.

I think amoral people are pure scum. There's ways to get rich rich through ingenuity.

A core tenet is if something feels like a dead loss, CUT IT. A girl, a career, and activity. It is only wasting your time!!!

And people in general need to take way more risk. There's literally just 1 life for you to live.

Foster good relationships. Enjoy yourself. Stick to good rules and don't agonise yourself.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Always Stay You, NZb6Air and gtbsg1
When you started out what tools did you use to learn? YouTube? Paid courses? There's so many tutorials that I have no clue where to start tbh
Ages ago in like 2015-2016. My main job is involved with trading, so that really helps.

All YouTube stuff are scams. Look into the turtle traders and trendfollowing; it's a great philosophy and it's application is still practical today.

• +1
Reactions: Sub5kang and Always Stay You
Ages ago in like 2015-2016. My main job is involved with trading, so that really helps.

All YouTube stuff are scams. Look into the turtle traders and trendfollowing; it's a great philosophy and it's application is still practical today.
There is only one rule to trading, Buy Low, Sell High

There is only one rule to trading, Buy Low, Sell High
Nope.

Buy high, sell higher. Sell low, sell lower.

Accept that you, nor anyone else has predictive power over the markets. You need to follow trends.

Follow trends, make money. Follow trends, make money. Follow trends, make money.

I give invaluable looksmaxxing advice daily, few listen. I give invaluable trading advice, few listen.

Buy low sell high is an idealism and sounds lovely. It's impractical and impossible. Scammers tout the notion.

In reality, the price is the truth and it tells you everything.

The trend is your friend until the end when it bends.

That's trading.

• Woah
Reactions: castizo
Nope.

Buy high, sell higher. Sell low, sell lower.

Accept that you, nor anyone else has predictive power over the markets. You need to follow trends.

Follow trends, make money. Follow trends, make money. Follow trends, make money.

I give invaluable looksmaxxing advice daily, few listen. I give invaluable trading advice, few listen.

Buy low sell high is an idealism and sounds lovely. It's impractical and impossible. Scammers tout the notion.

In reality, the price is the truth and it tells you everything.

The trend is your friend until the end when it bends.

That's trading.
This is too advanced for me bhai i will stick to easy stuff i know like buying bulk cheap and selling smaller high

• +1
This is too advanced for me bhai i will stick to easy stuff i know like buying bulk cheap and selling smaller high
How do you do that? Does it pay-off? Is it worth your time? Does it work? How does it work?

• +1
How do you do that? Does it pay-off? Is it worth your time? Does it work? How does it work?
I buy for example 20g of coke for 1200€ then weigh it up in 1g bag each and sell it for 150€ each to friends, friends of friends, random guys at parties etc etc and yes its very worth my time and profitable

I buy for example 20g of coke for 1200€ then weigh it up in 1g bag each and sell it for 150€ each to friends, friends of friends, random guys at parties etc etc and yes its very worth my time and profitable
Well how much have you made so far. How exerting is the job. (all in an MMORPG)

• +1
make like 3k a week and its chill, i just get a order go deliver go home and chill

• +1
Reactions: BoredPrince
Mirin, so basically you just buy and hold?

Or do you use other strategies as well?

• +1
@castizo is for real for that, i would do it but my biggest issue is being non NT and not having friends who would buy

Kinda hard to sell if you don't know anyone who would buy

• Hmm...
@castizo is for real for that, i would do it but my biggest issue is being non NT and not having friends who would buy

You dont need any customers to start, i had 0 when i started and im not NT at all and now people invite me to parties all the time so many i have to decline 90% of them because of coke halo

• Woah
Mirin, so basically you just buy and hold?

Or do you use other strategies as well?
Just trendfollowing. There's books out there. Or you could even ask ChatGPT.

It's just the philosophy of profiting off of price trends and huge deviations from a mean.

For example, if all markets were declared to move sideways forever. I'd be toast.

Thankfully that's not the case. NVIDIA, did a 12x or something. Cocoa (the commodity) did a 6x since 2022.

You need to be scanning all markets to find large trends. Then profit off them. Yep, buy and hold. But, you need a defined entry and an exit that won't sell you short.

I heard someone say something along the lines of "Taking profit too early on a super trend is more painful than cutting your losses on a non-existent one." That's completely true. 95-99% of you trades should be losing.

"Cut short your losses and let your winners run on". This is a quote from David Ricardo in the 1800s. It applies to many aspects of life.

Here's the cocoa trade.

It's a weird theory of being reactive rather than proactive. Admit that you've no predictive power. Because market moves cannot be explained purely by economics or supply/demand factors, earnings etc., otherwise we'd efficient markets.

Markets are the aggregate and collective psyche's of every participant in the market itself. You'd need to reserve every human's and robot's action, and human nature itself before cracking that. So rule 1 is admit that markets can do anything. They can do fucking loop-de-loops or drop 99.5% in a day.

Manage your risk and follow trends. Be reactive and look at every market. You'll make money but you won't be able to predict when or how much.

This will never be patched.

• +1

What do you mean? These are stock, crypto, FX and commodity markets, you don't need to know the counterparty. You sell at whatever price the market price is.

Oh, I wouldn't sell coke. IDK.

• +1