The slavcel that made the cyrlic alphabet had to have been trolling with the letter d

yeeyeeslayer

yeeyeeslayer

These fools could never make me sweat
Screenshot 2024 05 27 at 122310 PM

@murdah @jisko32 @GabachoCopium @KIVVV @spongebob @MoggerGaston @St.TikTokcel @russiancelreturns @i_love_roosters

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: borntosuffer, PrinceLuenLeoncur, i_love_roosters and 4 others
It doesn't look like that anymore. St. St. Cyril and Methodius wrote an alphabet which later got modified by their students who were also Bulgarian just like their teachers :feelsyay:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: jisko32 and yeeyeeslayer
It doesn't look like that anymore. St. St. Cyril and Methodius wrote an alphabet which later got modified by their students who were also Bulgarian just like their teachers :feelsyay:
They were like nah this is too subhuman we have to change it :lul:

• JFL
Reactions: i_love_roosters
They were like nah this is too subhuman we have to change it :lul:
More like make it easier for everyone so less people can be illiterate. Something Arabs should've done :forcedsmile:

Literacy Rate by Age in Middle East and Northern Africa

• JFL
Reactions: yeeyeeslayer
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 51576 and i_love_roosters
View attachment 2947042

@murdah @jisko32 @GabachoCopium @KIVVV @spongebob @MoggerGaston @St.TikTokcel @russiancelreturns @i_love_roosters
Nah

It was created by Byzantines, the Greeks made it for them to symbolise their partnership when the emperor sent his sister to marry Yaroslav or whatever the Rus kings name was at the time I forgot. But once they converted to Orthodoxy his scribes then created a alphabet for the Russians as a token of friendship.

So the Greeks made it to troll the Rus lol

Fun fact most Varangian guards were Swedish/norwegan descended Rus/Slav Viking, with the Anglo varangiand coming after Norman conquest of England

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: i_love_roosters, Debetro and yeeyeeslayer
Nah

It was created by Byzantines, the Greeks made it for them to symbolise their partnership when the emperor sent his sister to marry Yaroslav or whatever the Rus kings name was at the time I forgot. But once they converted to Orthodoxy his scribes then created a alphabet for the Russians as a token of friendship.

So the Greeks made it to troll the Rus lol

Fun fact most Varangian guards were Swedish/norwegan descended Rus/Slav Viking, with the Anglo varangiand coming after Norman conquest of England
YOU ARE EXTREMELY WRONG HERE. Like actually you couldn't be more wrong. No such thing was ever recorded in history :forcedsmile:

• JFL
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur
YOU ARE EXTREMELY WRONG HERE. Like actually you couldn't be more wrong. No such thing was ever recorded in history :forcedsmile:
Technically your right but it’s heavily Greek inspired is my point so I guess Bulagars get the true claim but that’s forgetting the Bulgarian empire was heavily Romanised by the Byzantines 😉
“Cyrillic Alphabet was created in First Bulgarian Empire, named after Saint Cyril, a missionary from Byzantium who, along with his brother, Saint Methodius, created the Glagolitic script. Modern Cyrillic alphabets developed from the Early Cyrillic script, which was developed during the 9th century in the First Bulgarian Empire (AD 681-1018) by a decree of Boris I of Bulgaria (Борис I). It is thought that St. Kliment of Ohrid and St. Naum of Preslav, disciples of Cyril and Methodius, were responsible for the script as long as John Exarch and Konstantin of Preslav. The latter although not counted among the Seven Saints of Orthodox Church in Bulgaria is commonly recognized as unoffical Eight Saint. The other three Saints: St. Gorazd of Sredets, St. Angelarius of Filipopol and St. Sava of Velbujd have supposedly died after arriving in Bulgaria, driven off from Great Moravia (present Czech Republic). The Early Cyrillic script was based on the Greek uncial script with ligatures and extra letters from the Glagolitic and Old Church Slavonic scripts for sounds not used in Greek.”

Technically your right but it’s heavily Greek inspired is my point
“Cyrillic Alphabet was created in First Bulgarian Empire, named after Saint Cyril, a missionary from Byzantium who, along with his brother, Saint Methodius, created the Glagolitic script. Modern Cyrillic alphabets developed from the Early Cyrillic script, which was developed during the 9th century in the First Bulgarian Empire (AD 681-1018) by a decree of Boris I of Bulgaria (Борис I). It is thought that St. Kliment of Ohrid and St. Naum of Preslav, disciples of Cyril and Methodius, were responsible for the script as long as John Exarch and Konstantin of Preslav. The latter although not counted among the Seven Saints of Orthodox Church in Bulgaria is commonly recognized as unoffical Eight Saint. The other three Saints: St. Gorazd of Sredets, St. Angelarius of Filipopol and St. Sava of Velbujd have supposedly died after arriving in Bulgaria, driven off from Great Moravia (present Czech Republic). The Early Cyrillic script was based on the Greek uncial script with ligatures and extra letters from the Glagolitic and Old Church Slavonic scripts for sounds not used in Greek.”
It was indeed inspired by the greek. It's basically Bulgarian and the Russians adopted it a century later

Screenshot 20240527 130409 ChatGPT

• +1
personally i think our alphabet mogs

same thing with the hebrew alphabet

arabic, hebrew and assyrian are the most mogger languages imo
I like the Hebrew one. It was sent down by God and it looks like fire

• Hmm...
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 51576, i_love_roosters and PrinceLuenLeoncur
It was indeed inspired by the greek. It's basically Bulgarian and the Russians adopted it a century later

View attachment 2947086
So that’s why I said it’s Gayreek 😜

Cos they basically allowed it

What many ppl forget is the Bulgarian empire at the time was warring a lot with Byzantine but they took A LOT of skilled people from the Byzantines during this period and many of those people were forced to create a language for the bulgars. So the Bulgarians did real nigga shit and made their Greek slaves create shit for them

• Hmm...
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur and yeeyeeslayer
So that’s why I said it’s Gayreek 😜

Cos they basically allowed it

What many ppl forget is the Bulgarian empire at the time was warring a lot with Byzantine but they took A LOT of skilled people from the Byzantines during this period and many of those people were forced to create a language for the bulgars. So the Bulgarians did real nigga shit and made their Greek slaves create shit for them
Cyril and Methodius were also of Bulgarian Slavic origin

• Woah
so was the arabic one ;)
Arab one looks like a nigga trying to do fancy scribbles ngl. But I do like how Arabic looks but it looks like some fantasy writing script I’d see in D&D

• JFL
Reactions: yeeyeeslayer
Cyril and Methodius were also of Bulgarian Slavic origin
Surprising but not so much considering the Byzantines were diverse they are unfortunately seen as just “Greeks” but they weren’t they just made that their lingua Franca because even during the time of Jesus the eastern empire had Greek as their main language

• +1