The stupid bullshit they dont tell you about in getting prepared for a bimax

D

Deleted member 18582

Poet laureate of the deep state
To consult jaw surgeons for bimax you need the appropriate scans. This is infinitely easier said than done. In reality it is a nightmare a thousand times more kafkaesque and byzantine than even the most backlogged offices of the French bureaucracy
  • I am advised I need a head CT or CBCT scan and that these are obtainable at an orthodontist's office, and that they can be done at a free initial consultation. I contact around 10 such offices for a consultation. Only two are willing to email me the files of my scan afterwards. The other eight say I need to become a registered patient and pursue treatment with the orthodontist, or they won't email me the scans they would be taking anyway at the initial free consultation. They also give me a big attitude over this request.
  • I manage to get a scan at one of these places and they give it to me on a CD in the Year of the Rabbit 2023. I have, like everyone else, no way of reading a CD at home. I then have to go to a local electronic store, buy a USB drive, and ask them to burn the CD onto my USB drive. For this I pay $30.
  • But it turns out, even though the orthondist's office told me "this scan will suffice for jaw surgery," the scan was too low resolution and they did not scan my entire head, so all the above was for moot.
  • I then get a referral from a jaw surgeon for a very specifically delineated 3D CT head scan and dental impressions.
  • For the latter, I contact a dozen dentists and orthodontists to see if they can do this scan for me, referral in hand and everything. I contact about 15. 13 of them say if I want this scan I must become a registered patient and pay initial consultation fees (~$300) and even then even then will not send the scan directly to me but to the surgeon, whereas of course, you know the way it works with consulting aesthetics-oriented plastic surgeons is that they want to review your scans before you become their patient. Again, the receptionists of the 13 places that do not do this end up sounding exasperated over the phone that I am not, I don't know, simply getting my teeth cleaned or getting braces or something. The way they all say "You must have an initial consultation and cleaning first if you want to have that scan done" in such a haughty manner is really peculiar.
  • At the two I manage to find it at, one charges $200 for the dental impressions and the other $100. I go with the latter. As if my divine intervention they do not hand me a disc but simply EMAIL me the file
  • I then make arrangements to get my CT scan done. I call about 6 places. 4 of them seem utterly bewildered at the CT scan request and say they cannot do it saying "WE DO NOT PERFORM THIS TYPE OF SCAN - 3D HEAD". 1 of them says it will cost $1200. Another says it will cost $300, so I go with the latter. Although I am still left with a nagging sense of doubt as to why this plcae was charging so much more than the other, worrying I signed myself up for the wrong scan
  • I go get my CT scan done at the latter place. Evidently, there was an error burning the scan to the disc afterwards, so I have to wait 45 minutes longer while she burns it again to another one
  • Then I go to the electronics store to have the CDs burned to my USB drive. The almost entire staff of boomer hobgoblins they have working the front this time are chronically unable to accomplish this. I ask him to make two folders on the USB drive and put the contents of each disc in each folder. He looks at me with a blank stare, in awe at the extraordinary difficulty of such a request. and after doing the same with 2 other people I finally come across an employee that knows how to move the contents of a CD onto a USB drive.

Now I have everything and I sent it to who I need to. I swear to god if there was something wrong with the scans I am going to

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Xerryx, chaddyboi66, antsosa and 11 others
did-not-read-lol.gif

• +1
Reactions: ronald_98
I have plagiarized this text and submitted it as an essay for my Finance 101 class at Harvard business School.

To consult jaw surgeons for bimax you need the appropriate scans. This is infinitely easier said than done. In reality it is a nightmare a thousand times more kafkaesque and byzantine than even the most backlogged offices of the French bureaucracy
  • I am advised I need a head CT or CBCT scan and that these are obtainable at an orthodontist's office, and that they can be done at a free initial consultation. I contact around 10 such offices for a consultation. Only two are willing to email me the files of my scan afterwards. The other eight say I need to become a registered patient and pursue treatment with the orthodontist, or they won't email me the scans they would be taking anyway at the initial free consultation. They also give me a big attitude over this request.
  • I manage to get a scan at one of these places and they give it to me on a CD in the Year of the Rabbit 2023. I have, like everyone else, no way of reading a CD at home. I then have to go to a local electronic store, buy a USB drive, and ask them to burn the CD onto my USB drive. For this I pay $30.
  • But it turns out, even though the orthondist's office told me "this scan will suffice for jaw surgery," the scan was too low resolution and they did not scan my entire head, so all the above was for moot.
  • I then get a referral from a jaw surgeon for a very specifically delineated 3D CT head scan and dental impressions.
  • For the latter, I contact a dozen dentists and orthodontists to see if they can do this scan for me, referral in hand and everything. I contact about 15. 13 of them say if I want this scan I must become a registered patient and pay initial consultation fees (~$300) and even then even then will not send the scan directly to me but to the surgeon, whereas of course, you know the way it works with consulting aesthetics-oriented plastic surgeons is that they want to review your scans before you become their patient. Again, the receptionists of the 13 places that do not do this end up sounding exasperated over the phone that I am not, I don't know, simply getting my teeth cleaned or getting braces or something. The way they all say "You must have an initial consultation and cleaning first if you want to have that scan done" in such a haughty manner is really peculiar.
  • At the two I manage to find it at, one charges $200 for the dental impressions and the other $100. I go with the latter. As if my divine intervention they do not hand me a disc but simply EMAIL me the file
  • I then make arrangements to get my CT scan done. I call about 6 places. 4 of them seem utterly bewildered at the CT scan request and say they cannot do it saying "WE DO NOT PERFORM THIS TYPE OF SCAN - 3D HEAD". 1 of them says it will cost $1200. Another says it will cost $300, so I go with the latter. Although I am still left with a nagging sense of doubt as to why this plcae was charging so much more than the other, worrying I signed myself up for the wrong scan
  • I go get my CT scan done at the latter place. Evidently, there was an error burning the scan to the disc afterwards, so I have to wait 45 minutes longer while she burns it again to another one
  • Then I go to the electronics store to have the CDs burned to my USB drive. The almost entire staff of boomer hobgoblins they have working the front this time are chronically unable to accomplish this. I ask him to make two folders on the USB drive and put the contents of each disc in each folder. He looks at me with a blank stare, in awe at the extraordinary difficulty of such a request. and after doing the same with 2 other people I finally come across an employee that knows how to move the contents of a CD onto a USB drive.

Now I have everything and I sent it to who I need to. I swear to god if there was something wrong with the scans I am going to
Now imagine doing this in canada. It's the same process but each time you need to get a CT scan you need to wait 2 years then another couple months for them to release a scan to you (for a fee) that was not even the full head and at 5mm slices so you can't see shit

• JFL
Reactions: ccwarrior and Deleted member 18582
Now imagine doing this in canada. It's the same process but each time you need to get a CT scan you need to wait 2 years then another couple months for them to release a scan to you (for a fee) that was not even the full head and at 5mm slices so you can't see shit
deathfuel for @skinnytwink

• So Sad
Reactions: Yoke

Don’t need it but repped because this can actually help out a lot of people

Yup, every card is stacked against you when you attempt to hardmax. Because scraping together enough money required to afford the cost of surgery, travel, time off work, potential revisions, and more isn't enough of a deterrent apparently. You have to be stonewalled by friends, family, and office staff every step of the way.

You have to be incredibly self-driven in this game

• +1
Reactions: m0ss26, terrorblade, crosshold and 4 others
Hopefully they don't take your wisdom teeth. No sense of getting forward growth when they'll take away your facial depth.

• +1
Reactions: terrorblade
Yup, every card is stacked against you when you attempt to hardmax. Because scraping together enough money required to afford the cost of surgery, travel, time off work, potential revisions, and more isn't enough of a deterrent apparently. You have to be stonewalled by friends, family, and office staff every step of the way.

You have to be incredibly self-driven in this game
Legit and I wasn't even suggesting to any orthos dentists ct people along the way that it was for aesthetic purposes. I was just saying sleep apnea, which is a partial truth, but still. They always have to be visibly shocked when you bring up something unfamiliar to them. I've heard of people when they share too much to any office staff they get even more attitude, get denied scans, etc.

The actual ortho I visited tho to get my scan was cool about it though. He told me about how working with jaw surgery patients over the years has changed and wasn't being judgmental about people doing it for aesthetic reasons

• +1
Reactions: Maalik and Yoke
Legit and I wasn't even suggesting to any orthos dentists ct people along the way that it was for aesthetic purposes. I was just saying sleep apnea, which is a partial truth, but still. They always have to be visibly shocked when you bring up something unfamiliar to them. I've heard of people when they share too much to any office staff they get even more attitude, get denied scans, etc.

They want low IQ patients who they will decide the treatment for. 99% of orthodontists and dentists need to get the rope, the entire industry is a massive extraction + Invisalign mill

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: VenatorLuparius and Deleted member 18582
holy shit I'm not looking forward to it :feelsbadman:

what surgeon r u going to? u might be in for a surprise if u didn't get the right field of view and other minor details

what surgeon r u going to? u might be in for a surprise if u didn't get the right field of view and other minor details
Whats a wrong field of view????

I opened my scan and i can see my full skull and soft tissues at every angle in great detail!

Whats a wrong field of view????
some surgeons require a certain FOV for the scan. pagnoni requested 20x20 fov
I opened my scan and i can see my full skull and soft tissues at every angle in great detail!
i assume it's fine then. btw what places did u call to get your scan? orthodontist? radiologist?

i think i'm gonna have to go to the radiology department in my local hospital bc nowhere else seems to be capable of 20x20 fov

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18582
some surgeons require a certain FOV for the scan. pagnoni requested 20x20 fov

i assume it's fine then. btw what places did u call to get your scan? orthodontist? radiologist?

i think i'm gonna have to go to the radiology department in my local hospital bc nowhere else seems to be capable of 20x20 fov
i see. my referral just says the "The field of the CT scan should be as shown in the pictures and include the full facial regions (chin, nose, forehead, cheeks) without any support (as chin rest or similar) touching the face." and mine has all that so I hope im good. not sure wht exact numbers it is

yea all orthos are bluepilled

ÍTS NOT OVER YETTTTTT

So the last dentist had ONE JOB, as per the request
CbPPj9W.png

in .STL FORMAT
in .STL FORMAT

Ok, and:
GJGnHqS.png

sSytESD.png

evuuxhX.png

im sorry what the fuck is that?

and the surgeon's response to me:
68XeGC3.png

200w.gif

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: longjohnmong
ÍTS NOT OVER YETTTTTT

So the last dentist had ONE JOB, as per the request
CbPPj9W.png

in .STL FORMAT
in .STL FORMAT

Ok, and:
GJGnHqS.png

sSytESD.png

evuuxhX.png

im sorry what the fuck is that?

and the surgeon's response to me:
68XeGC3.png

200w.gif

@uselessmentalcel

@uselessmentalcel
jesus this sounds like a huge load of bullshit and ifi want my surgery ill have to most likely go thoruhg this as well unless i just go to a random surgeon suggested by the ortho right...

Yup jaw surgery is the worst nightmare going through

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17244
T'es vraiment pas doué. J'ai fais ça en 2 minutes chez Doctolib.

Il faut surveilleur leur moindres faits et gestes et bien insister sur le DICOM et le scan 3D exemples à l'appui.

Tout est de ta faute.

T'es vraiment pas doué. J'ai fais ça en 2 minutes chez Doctolib.

Il faut surveilleur leur moindres faits et gestes et bien insister sur le DICOM et le scan 3D exemples à l'appui.

Tout est de ta faute.
The actual execution of the 3d ct scan was the smoothest part of the 20 steps described above

Last edited:
So many problems with this post

First of all, nobody is obligated do the scan for free for you. Put yourself in their shoes

Secondly, naturally the surgeon wants a fancy 3D scan, rightly so, and of course not every place can do so

Thirdly, and more favorably to you, you see the different levels of capability necessary to run operations in a wide strata of society, the decline of competency and services, etc

Last edited:
So many problems with this post

First of all, nobody is obligated do the scan for free for you. Put yourself in their shoes

Secondly, naturally the surgeon wants a fancy 3D scan, rightly so, and of course not every place can do so

Thirdly, and more favorably to you, you see the different levels of capability necessary to run operations in a wide strata of society, the decline of competency and services, etc
You're right. I should edit out the part of my post where I demanded the private medical imaging firm provide me with a free scan and where I lambasted my surgeon for asking for a high resolution 3D scan.

• JFL
Reactions: temporomandibular32 and Deleted member 19766