Theory on how to raise hyoid cartilage

Deleted member 7509

Deleted member 7509

🌐
When we swallow, suprahyoid muscles raise the hyoid cartilage...

We know that suprahyoid muscle group, when trained, elevates hyoid resting position. That is backed up by many studies

So, why not artificially create tension in those muscles, and swallow against some sort of resistance? The only issue here is coming up with the idea of how exactly to provide resistance for those muscles. I assume light pressure on hyoid bone with tape or fingers, and swallowing could train and raise that muscle

What are your thoughts?

@imdo @nelson @LooksOverAll (also, please tag high iq people you know)

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Deleted member 14323
But if you create swallowing resistance won’t you not be able to breathe?

But if you create swallowing resistance won’t you not be able to breathe?
It shouldn't be strong at all. Put your finger above your hyoid cartilage. Don't push, just let it stay there. Now swallow.

This is the kind of resistance I am talking about

(btw, this is not an advice or medical suggestion. do it at your own risk)

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 14323

We know that suprahyoid muscle group, when trained, elevates hyoid resting position. That is backed up by many studies

So, why not artificially create tension in those muscles, and swallow against some sort of resistance? The only issue here is coming up with the idea of how exactly to provide resistance for those muscles. I assume light pressure on hyoid bone with tape or fingers, and swallowing could train and raise that muscle

What are your thoughts?

yes, i permanentely raised my hyoid doing this + correct tongue posture (tongue is atached to the hyoid, thats why when you swallow it goes up)

yes, i permanentely raised my hyoid doing this + correct tongue posture (tongue is atached to the hyoid, thats why when you swallow it goes up)
What did you do

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14280
just choke yourself theory

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9467
Learn to mew 24/7 (literally its only usecase). Aside from that, do the jaw opening/closing exercise.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8904 and Deleted member 7725

What are your thoughts?

maybe its not that your hyoid is low but the roof of your upper jaw is low (downswung or recessed) being the limiting factor at how high you can elevate your tongue+hyoid.

maybe its not that your hyoid is low but the roof of your upper jaw is low (downswung or recessed) being the limiting factor at how high you can elevate your tongue+hyoid.
Maybe

nope, nice try tho

Wouldn't that be what is known as "tongue chewing" in mew community?

Wouldn't that be what is known as "tongue chewing" in mew community?
no tongue chewing is pretty retarded it's just flattening gum with tongue on palate jfl

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, Deleted member 7725 and ChristianChad