Thinking of quitting uni

Deleted member 14978

Deleted member 14978

Diamond
I'm depressed out my mind. Haven't had a decent night sleep since coming here about 7 weeks ago. I sleep for 2 hours then wake up depressed and then repeat. I knew that If I came to this uni I would secure an easy job at an investment bank and probably end up retiring before I'm 30 but that all just seems so pointless now. Spending your 20s stuck in an office working 100 hour weeks making a billionaire even more rich just sickens me and would just leave me feeling empty.

The uni is over 60% BAME (official statistics) and that doesn't include the white foreign students. So I would estimate that around 80% of the student population is either ethnic or international. I am quite literally a minority here. I need to clarify that I'm not racist and get a long with a lot of asians very well, making friends with many, but they are just not my people. The people here barely drink which is a huge contrast to the culture at my secondary school/high school where people would get drunk every weekend.

Also there are very few good looking girls. There are mostly just Indian girls who aren't my type at all. The very few good looking girls are the very nerdy types who don't go out at all.

I really wanted to come to uni and improve my social skills and meet girls but it is literally impossible to do that here.

I knew that the trade-off by coming to a very academic uni was that the social life wouldn't be as good, but I didn't expect it to be this shit.

What should I do? I could leave this uni and then re-apply to a more social uni next year. I could spend this year working and earn a shit tonne of money.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126 and Mexicanboi
I already dropped out getting ready to move back to America and work, fuck uni

I'm depressed out my mind. Haven't had a decent night sleep since coming here about 7 weeks ago. I sleep for 2 hours then wake up depressed and then repeat. I knew that If I came to this uni I would secure an easy job at an investment bank and probably end up retiring before I'm 30 but that all just seems so pointless now. Spending your 20s stuck in an office working 100 hour weeks making a billionaire even more rich just sickens me and would just leave me feeling empty.

The uni is over 60% BAME (official statistics) and that doesn't include the white foreign students. So I would estimate that around 80% of the student population is either ethnic or international. I am quite literally a minority here. I need to clarify that I'm not racist and get a long with a lot of asians very well, making friends with many, but they are just not my people. The people here barely drink which is a huge contrast to the culture at my secondary school/high school where people would get drunk every weekend.

Also there are very few good looking girls. There are mostly just Indian girls who aren't my type at all. The very few good looking girls are the very nerdy types who don't go out at all.

I really wanted to come to uni and improve my social skills and meet girls but it is literally impossible to do that here.

I knew that the trade-off by coming to a very academic uni was that the social life wouldn't be as good, but I didn't expect it to be this shit.

What should I do? I could leave this uni and then re-apply to a more social uni next year. I could spend this year working and earn a shit tonne of money.
Same shit, i hate stem lol