This dye could be a staple for increasing collagen similar to Tret

TrestIsBest

TrestIsBest

Eating Finestaride and Adderall for breakfast

Methylene Blue (or short MB) is a versatile compound (it's actually a dye btw and it stains the hell out of everything that it comes in contact with) that is used medicinally to treat methemoglobinemia, cyanide poisoning and even the 'Rona to name a few. It also shows promise as a treatment for Alzheimers [https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20463399/] and as a nootropic [https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22067440/; lots of anecdotal reports].

Methylene blue integrates into the mitochondria, enables more efficient energy production and increases ATP yield that way [https://www.researchgate.net/figure...ate-phosphorylation-ofglycogen_fig7_274721127]. It also has antioxidant effects, although it can also be pro-oxidant in high concentrations. It's similar to LLT (low level therapy) in its mechanism and therefore in its benefits [https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC4355185/].

MB's anti-oxidant and pro cellular respiration effects could also be (part of) the reason why it was shown to be a potent anti-aging compound when applied to the skin!

Anti-Aging Potentials of Methylene Blue for Human Skin Longevity

"Application of MB to this 3D skin model further demonstrated that MB improved skin viability, promoted wound healing and increased skin hydration and dermis thickness. Gene expression analysis showed that MB treatment altered the expression of a subset of extracellular matrix proteins in the skin, including upregulation of elastin and collagen 2A1, two essential components for healthy skin. Altogether, our study suggests that MB has a great potential for skin care."

It also acts a sunscreen!

Ultraviolet radiation protection potentials of Methylene Blue for human skin and coral reef health

"Altogether, our study suggests that MB has the potential to be a coral reef-friendly sunscreen active ingredient that can provide broad-spectrum protection against UVA and UVB."

- MB increases collagen production and it should do so fast
- It also protects against sun damage which adds to its benefits as an anti aging topical
- There's already a product out there that offers skin care products containing MB but it's way too expensive for my taste; MB in the concentrations used in the first skin study is dirt cheap and it could be easily mixed into a moisturizer. I plan on creating my own MB skin cream as soon as I have a few months of Tretinoin under my belt so I can better gauge the individual effects of those substances. But I imagine Tret and MB could have great synergy.
- One last point: YES, there aren't any studies out there yet that tested MB applied topically on actual humans so this is still experimental. It should be safe according to this study tho and the risk of it going systemic shouldn't worry you as only a few micrograms maximum would be going to your bloodstream, and MB is safe (as in: not lethal; it carries some risk because it becomes an MAO inhibitor in larger doses; not relevant to the microdoses we are talking about tho) for oral use and has been used that way for centuries.
- Final point: You need to make sure to get the concentration right. Don't just slap a few mg's of MB on your face hoping it will improve your shitty collagen levels! (It probably would do the opposite by causing a high amount of oxidative stress.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 21863, Schönling, Deleted member 17918 and 7 others
Wtf are those formatting bugs:sleep:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
why not just take a collagen supplement

Say to that everyone on here using Retin-A :lul: It's not that simple: collagen provides you with the amino acids to build collagen in your body, but it doesn't actually increase its synthesis dramatically and to the degree it does, it's not a local effect (i.e. in your face where you want it). So collagen supplementation is probably good but it's not enough to halt the effect of aging on facial collagen.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, marin, AscendingHero and 8 others
View attachment 1580222

Methylene Blue (or short MB) is a versatile compound (it's actually a dye btw and it stains the hell out of everything that it comes in contact with) that is used medicinally to treat methemoglobinemia, cyanide poisoning and even the 'Rona to name a few. It also shows promise as a treatment for Alzheimers [https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20463399/] and as a nootropic [https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22067440/; lots of anecdotal reports].

Methylene blue integrates into the mitochondria, enables more efficient energy production and increases ATP yield that way [https://www.researchgate.net/figure...ate-phosphorylation-ofglycogen_fig7_274721127]. It also has antioxidant effects, although it can also be pro-oxidant in high concentrations. It's similar to LLT (low level therapy) in its mechanism and therefore in its benefits [https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC4355185/].

MB's anti-oxidant and pro cellular respiration effects could also be (part of) the reason why it was shown to be a potent anti-aging compound when applied to the skin!

"Application of MB to this 3D skin model further demonstrated that MB improved skin viability, promoted wound healing and increased skin hydration and dermis thickness. Gene expression analysis showed that MB treatment altered the expression of a subset of extracellular matrix proteins in the skin, including upregulation of elastin and collagen 2A1, two essential components for healthy skin. Altogether, our study suggests that MB has a great potential for skin care."

Ultraviolet radiation protection potentials of Methylene Blue for human skin and coral reef health

"Altogether, our study suggests that MB has the potential to be a coral reef-friendly sunscreen active ingredient that can provide broad-spectrum protection against UVA and UVB."

- It also protects against sun damage which adds to its benefits as an anti aging topical
- There's already a product out there that offers skin care products containing MB but it's way too expensive for my taste; MB in the concentrations used in the first skin study is dirt cheap and it could be easily mixed into a moisturizer. I plan on creating my own MB skin cream as soon as I have a few months of Tretinoin under my belt so I can better gauge the individual effects of those substances. But I imagine Tret and MB could have great synergy.
- One last point: YES, there aren't any studies out there yet that tested MB applied topically on actual humans so this is still experimental. It should be safe according to this study tho and the risk of it going systemic shouldn't worry you as only a few micrograms maximum would be going to your bloodstream, and MB is safe (as in: not lethal; it carries some risk because it becomes an MAO inhibitor in larger doses; not relevant to the microdoses we are talking about tho) for oral use and has been used that way for centuries.
- Final point: You need to make sure to get the concentration right. Don't just slap a few mg's of MB on your face hoping it will improve your shitty collagen levels! (It probably would do the opposite by causing a high amount of oxidative stress.

View attachment 1580224

This stuff right here is the point of this forum.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, AscendingHero, Deleted member 16834 and 1 other person
There's already a product out there that offers skin care products containing MB but it's way too expensive for my taste
Bluelene is the product I talked about btw if anyone wants to try and report back if it did anything for them. Ingredients look solid

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, AscendingHero, Deleted member 16834 and 1 other person

DON'T USE IT IF YOU ALSO USE RED LIGHT THOUGH. I'VE HEARD VERY BAD THINGS LIKE KILLING BRAIN CELLS

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and TrestIsBest

DON'T USE IT IF YOU ALSO USE RED LIGHT THOUGH. I'VE HEARD VERY BAD THINGS LIKE KILLING BRAIN CELLS

Absolutely, although brain cells wouldn't really be of concern because in the dosages used for skincare, there would be barely any MB in the brain tissue. But it could damage your skin possibly.

Infrared red light and MB are most likely safe to combine tho (apply the MB after you use the IR light)

Pretreatment with combined low-level laser therapy and methylene blue improves learning and memory in sleep-deprived mice
Effect of infrared transcranial low level laser therapy and methylene blue on chronic stress-induced learning and memory impairment in mice [decreased oxidative stress shown here]

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 14323
so weird how many ray peaters use this forum

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, Deleted member 17918, AscendingHero and 4 others

Just found this. Pretty inexpensive

• Love it
Reactions: TrestIsBest
kinda not so smart comment.
True anti-aging maxxers, compound many things on top of each other.

It's not; OR ... OR.
It's; AND .... AND .... AND ....

Just gotta watch out, one doesn't cope with stuff that does to little/limited. Stick to the more hardcore gains stuffs.

• +1
Reactions: oldcelloser, AlexBrown84 and TrestIsBest

yours moggs in price, what I found.
"This patented formulation is scientifically proven to stimulate your own skin cells to double the collagen and elastin production after just 2 weeks of use."

Cant really trust a company that is so agressive in their marketing claims.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16834, Danish_Retard, EverythingMattersCel and 3 others
yours moggs in price, what I found.
Yup already posted the Bluelene one on here. I plan on making my own with almond oil as carrier and then just adding in the appropriate dose of MB. But I need to be patient for now to wait for the results Tret gives me

Yup already posted the Bluelene one on here. I plan on making my own with almond oil as carrier and then just adding in the appropriate dose of MB. But I need to be patient for now to wait for the results Tret gives me
So what makes you believe enough in the substance to try it? Dont you think the scientific evidence is not well researched enough? Im not that sure if this got studied enough.
I mean otherwise this would be selling worldwide and every skincare expert would talk about it.

How much colagen gains, compared to other stuff?????

Dermarolling: 400% increase
View attachment 79729
Skin becomes thicker with greater than 400 % increase in collagen deposition and significantly more elastin . Collagen fibre bundles qualitatively increases, thickens and more loosely woven in both papillary and reticular dermis. It appears to have laid down in normal lattice pattern than in parallel bundles as in scar tissue.

Retin-a (tretinoin): 80% increase
Treatment of photodamaged skin with tretinoin produced an 80 percent increase in collagen I formation, as compared with a 14 percent decrease in collagen formation with the use of vehicle alone (P = 0.006).

Sunscreen: 56% increase
Collagen I formation was 56 percent less in the papillary dermis of photodamaged skin than in skin protected from the sun (P<0.001)

Red light: Increases collagen (4.6ug/ml -> 36.36ug/ml after 5hours) -> 750% increase

this Mythelene blue?? 150% increase??

41598_2017_2419_Fig6_HTML.jpg

• +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84 and TrestIsBest
So what makes you believe enough in the substance to try it? Dont you think the scientific evidence is not well researched enough? Im not that sure if this got studied enough.
I mean otherwise this would be selling worldwide and every skincare expert would talk about it.
I think the studies show enough promise for it to be worth experimenting with. I have a few grams of MB powder already at home, so trying it out would be basically free for me. I also believe it's safe enough to use topically. Plus, I have an affinity for oral use of this compound because it's shown to be so effective for several different purpose. It also tackles the/one of the root causes of aging which is mitochondrial dysfunction which you can't say about this forum's darling Tretinoin for example. So it seems quite logical to me a compound like this has a place in anti-aging/looksmaxing: energized skin = healthy skin = attractive skin.

Finally, the reason for it being underresearched might lay in the fact that it's hard to patent as it's a super ancient molecule. But that's just my guess.

Just found this. Pretty inexpensive
How would i know how much cream to apply to the skin for a correct dose/not overdosing?? I will buy this stuff to try.

• Love it
How would i know how much cream to apply to the skin for a correct dose/not overdosing?? I will buy this stuff to try.
If it was me, I would start with applying just enough to cover all of your skin. But you could also ask the seller.

So is anyone here really using this product? Is it worth to buy?

• +1
Just prepared a basic skin cream with the appropriate amount of MB! I‘ll use it on my lower eyelids for now to see if I notice any changes. Will probably need to give it a good few months tho

45B9A6E3 4696 4F1D 8E14 29D44C1F6843

@Deusmaximus

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: incel194012940, oldcelloser, AlexBrown84 and 4 others
  • +1
Reactions: coolguy1 and TrestIsBest
Just prepared a basic skin cream with the appropriate amount of MB! I‘ll use it on my lower eyelids for now to see if I notice any changes. Will probably need to give it a good few months tho

View attachment 1605673
@Deusmaximus
Does it make ur skin blue?

• +1
Does it make ur skin blue?
Nah the concentration is too low for that. The cream I made has a very subtle green tint to it but it's not noticeable once it's applied

• +1
Reactions: coolguy1
Nah the concentration is too low for that. The cream I made has a very subtle green tint to it but it's not noticeable once it's applied
Ohh nice, where did u order the methylene blue?

Could someone extend on the red light comment? I have red light therapy device and I really want to use both synergistically to maximise the mitochondria situation.

Studies like this https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19218330/ are hard to comprehend with all the jargon.

What is the exact nature of what I should be avoiding if taking methylene blue mixed with water? Don't shine red light anywhere on my body while methylene blue is in the system?

If so for how long after methylene blue can I shine red light therapy. Am using it to anti-age-max and skinnmaxx

• +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84

View attachment 1605673
@Deusmaximus
How is the progress, after now 4+ weeks?

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, TrestIsBest, arbaz_khan and 1 other person
Could someone extend on the red light comment? I have red light therapy device and I really want to use both synergistically to maximise the mitochondria situation.

Studies like this https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19218330/ are hard to comprehend with all the jargon.

What is the exact nature of what I should be avoiding if taking methylene blue mixed with water? Don't shine red light anywhere on my body while methylene blue is in the system?

If so for how long after methylene blue can I shine red light therapy. Am using it to anti-age-max and skinnmaxx
Bump

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
please update us on this one OP

• +1
How is the progress, after now 4+ weeks?
I stopped using it on my eyes after ~ one week due to irritation. Forgot to update, sorry!

Though I doubt that the irritation resulted specifically from MB (although that can’t be ruled out either) because my eye area is super sensitive in general and basically anything I apply there results in irritation.

I now just started using it as a regular facial cream. Unfortunately, it will be very hard to impossible to distinguish between the effect of Tretinoin and other skin care products I use (mostly sun screen, CeraVe moisturizing cleanser, urea moisturizing cream) and the effect of MB. Guess I‘ll have to clone myself to do a identical twin study :soy:

Last edited:
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and eduardkoopman
I stopped using it on my eyes after ~ one week due to irritation. Forgot to update, sorry!

Though I doubt that the irritation resulted specifically from MB (although that can’t be ruled out either) because my eye area is super sensitive in general and basically anything I apply there results in irritation.

I now just started using it as a regular facial cream. Unfortunately, it will be very hard to impossible to distinguish between the effect of Tretinoin and other skin care products I use (mostly sun screen, CeraVe moisturizing cleanser, urea moisturizing cream) and the effect of MB. Guess I‘ll have to clone myself to do a identical twin study :soy:
good efforts. I agree with compounding stuff. I dod that also. But it's true, that one than can't know how much was caused by this or that. But we aren't doing studies here, we are trying to maxx our life and results asap. So we don't have time to do it in study type of ways, 1 at a time.

• +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84 and TrestIsBest

Did you use it alongside with tret? How and when did you apply

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
I tried the spray from mitolab. Didn't do shit.

If you do use it, only use it at night or under sunscreen as it can cause photosensitivity.

tret's effects are pretty well known with large sample size if you experience anything outside that that's likely mb :feelshmm: from what I've read the effects are small but unique and the stuff is basically free over a lifetime since so little is needed :feelshmm:

View attachment 1580222

View attachment 1580224
Underrated thread

How much colagen gains, compared to other stuff?????

Dermarolling: 400% increase
View attachment 79729
Skin becomes thicker with greater than 400 % increase in collagen deposition and significantly more elastin . Collagen fibre bundles qualitatively increases, thickens and more loosely woven in both papillary and reticular dermis. It appears to have laid down in normal lattice pattern than in parallel bundles as in scar tissue.

Retin-a (tretinoin): 80% increase
Treatment of photodamaged skin with tretinoin produced an 80 percent increase in collagen I formation, as compared with a 14 percent decrease in collagen formation with the use of vehicle alone (P = 0.006).

Sunscreen: 56% increase
Collagen I formation was 56 percent less in the papillary dermis of photodamaged skin than in skin protected from the sun (P<0.001)

Red light: Increases collagen (4.6ug/ml -> 36.36ug/ml after 5hours) -> 750% increase

this Mythelene blue?? 150% increase??

41598_2017_2419_Fig6_HTML.jpg
OK I'm sold on the red light therapy. What device I'm buying?