This Thread is Dedicated to All the Imbeciles who....

Part-Time Chad

Part-Time Chad

Diamond
.... argued tooth and nail with me, back in 2017, that "market cap doesn't matter" in cryptocurrencies. They claimed that you could become rich by investing just a few dollars, because cryptos will rise exponentially in value, regardless of their price.

Where did all these people suddenly go?

Funny how I hear nothing but deafening silence now. All their fervor and conviction is suddenly gone. It turns out that I was right all along (but of course, I get no credit for it).

Everyone and their brother-in-law now knows that market cap is everything. If it wasn't, I'd be one of the wealthiest men on earth right now. I certainly wouldn't be heading to work today. My net worth would have skyrocketed to tens of billions of dollars by now, as the crypto market rose 10X, 100X, and even 1000X.

But that didn't happen now, did it, buddy boyos?

No. Instead, the more the crypto market cap went up, the more the returns diminished. It's now at a point where a measly 20% gain in a coin is considered "parabolic", and gets people all excited. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: In 2017 (when the cryptocurrency market cap was much lower), coins would routinely do 10X-50X, and no one blinked an eye.

Market. Cap. Is. Everything.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, Deleted member 8869, GamerCel and 1 other person
Who r u😝

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, reputation, Deprived and 6 others
You'd have to be a retard to think "market cap doesn't matter"

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128
You'd have to be a retard to think "market cap doesn't matter"
Oh, no doubt. But, believe it or not, it was all the rage to think that in 2017. I was one of the few naysayers back then. That's why I was attacked and ganged up on so much. I was, basically, raining on their parade, and everyone hated me. They were too high on emotion to have logic and reality spoil their fun. They acted like a bunch of drunk sorority chicks at a house party.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Stoicism0 and LooksmaxDon1
Just did a YouTube search, and all the "market cap doesn't matter" in cryptocurrency vids are old. The new videos have titles like "What is market cap and why does it matter?" and "Why is market cap important in crypto?"

Just LMFAO.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksmaxDon1 and LooksOrDeath
pfff I hate this kind of tirades, feeling emotional about past conversations. wow you were right and they were wrong, good for you.
Donald Trump Whatever GIF by Mashable

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16834, KeepGrinding, TrestIsBest and 4 others
pfff I hate this kind of tirades, feeling emotional about past conversations. wow you were right and they were wrong, good for you.
If it was about becoming rich it’d be worth smth
unlucky ig

Yeah, but if I had been wrong, and everyone else had been right, I would never hear the end of it, now, would I? :blackpill::blackpill:

Yeah, but if I had been wrong, and everyone else had been right, I would never hear the end of it, now, would I? :blackpill::blackpill:
even if you are right to think like this, expressing yourself emotionally just turns me off.

tons of entrepreneurs, businessman out there talks about how the others were "wrong". like it's kinda revenge on it.
literally, only a few people do make analyses, giving tips with data. all I'm hearing "they told me I'm not gonna make it. now look at me!!!!". or "who is wrong now huhhh ??!!!"

ok, just chill and move on.

the emotional expression means nothing, your experience is just regular, normal, everyday data.

• +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84
even if you are right to think like this, expressing yourself emotionally just turns me off.

tons of entrepreneurs, businessman out there talks about how the others were "wrong". like it's kinda revenge on it.
literally, only a few people do make analyses, giving tips with data. all I'm hearing "they told me I'm not gonna make it. now look at me!!!!". or "who is wrong now huhhh ??!!!"

ok, just chill and move on.

the emotional expression means nothing, your experience is just regular, normal, everyday data.
Sorry your delicate sensibilities were hurt. Now, allow me to bask in the satisfaction of having proved everyone wrong. After all, if just ONE person gave me credit for being right, I wouldn't have posted this thread today.

• JFL
Reactions: randomvanish
projection, I see.
There's a big difference between you and I, my friend.

I debated abject morons for literally years, before becoming emotional enough to post a thread about it.
You, on the other hand, got triggered just from reading it.

Whose sensibilities are more delicate, again?

Just did a YouTube search, and all the "market cap doesn't matter" in cryptocurrency vids are old. The new videos have titles like "What is market cap and why does it matter?" and "Why is market cap important in crypto?"

Just LMFAO.

you just had an abrahamic prophet arc
lucky you weren't crucified

There's a big difference between you and I, my friend.

I debated abject morons for literally years, before becoming emotional enough to post a thread about it.
You, on the other hand, got triggered just from reading it.

Whose sensibilities are more delicate, again?
then why you argue with them? to create stand point to trigger yourself and motivate your ideology to win? see, the mindset is faulty.

thinks like this is an algorithm. you encounter an ignorant person on a topic, you would ignore. if you have been constantly arguing with them through years, that's your fault.

I've been there. done this.

then why you argue with them? to create stand point to trigger yourself and motivate your ideology to win? see, the mindset is faulty.

thinks like this is an algorithm. you encounter an ignorant person on a topic, you would ignore. if you have been constantly arguing with them through years, that's your fault.

I've been there. done this.
I argued because I wanted to educate the sheer number of individuals who believed in this idiocy. If it were only a handful, I would not have bothered.

If anything, this is a testament to my convictions and my tenacity in the face of overwhelming opposition. I was arguing against a consensus. Most people would have capitulated.

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish
you just had an abrahamic prophet arc
lucky you weren't crucified
People just aren't receptive to an inconvenient truth, when only one person is speaking it. They want to hear it from the masses in order to accept it.

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath
Looksmax didn't exist in 2017

interesting perspective as how people thought back then. good reminder to stay humble and be open to new ideas

interesting perspective as how people thought back then. good reminder to stay humble and be open to new ideas
Telling crypto investors that market cap is everything wasn't really a "new" idea. It was a tenet of stock investing for decades. These people just refused to believe that the principles of stock investing also applied to cryptocurrency investing.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
just seeing how my pfp looks

easy way to get rich have a market cap at like 500 bucks

easy way to get rich have a market cap at like 500 bucks
I missed the chance to invest at a very low market cap, back in 2013. I remember seeing several of the major cryptos (that today are worth a lot of money) being worth almost nothing that year. Their performance on a graph was a flat horizontal line close to zero.
XRP, in particular, was trading at something like a fraction of a penny. I was earning about 14% annually in my stock portfolio back then, and I remember smugly thinking that I was so much better off in stocks than in crypto, so I didn't invest a dime in it until June, 2017, after the market had really taken off. Biggest financial mistake of my life. I'd have a literal fortune by now, had I acted as soon as I became aware of cryptocurrencies.

Last edited: