those who underwent septoplasty GTFIH

D

Deleted member 19766

Kraken
My doctor tells me I'm too young for it (17 almost 18) but on Google they say 17 is the earliest most men are able to get it at, and many times for more severe cases guys get it as young as 12, even 6!
btw, I had my nose checked and the right nostril is totally clear, left is like half or a third blocked I think (doctor's own words)
my questions to you are;
how old were you when you got it?
did your nose ever "revert"/"relapse" back?
do you think 17 near 18 is too young or a good age for it? i want to get all my surgeries asap and septoplasty would help me get a lot better sleep quality as well so I'd like it asap
Edit: if you had rhino with it too then please mention

Last edited:
i’m still on the waitlist, i’m getting it for the sole purpose to correct the deviation of my nose externally but a lot of ppl keep telling me it doesn’t change anything from the outside so idk, still good to get it tho

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
i’m still on the waitlist, i’m getting it for the sole purpose to correct the deviation of my nose externally but a lot of ppl keep telling me it doesn’t change anything from the outside so idk, still good to get it tho
i think you'll need septorhinoplasty for that
age? and why wait-list? r u doing UK NHS shit?

I got it at 24 or 25. I don't think it reverted, but there's no way for me to tell.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
I got it at 20, I was expecting my sleep to improve because doc said I probably broke my nose as a child and I had severe problem, one side was blocked as whole. but nothing happened after surgery lol. (Got it checked it was fine)

I think it is a necessary procedure, get another opinion and listen to your doc.

If you think your nose can be better I strongly suggest getting septorhinoplasty 2 bird with 1 stone shit innit

• +1
I got it at 16, didn't improve my nasal breathing at all and the first 2 days of recovery were brutal.
It will not help you if you're downgrown with narrow palate and your septum will probably deviate again like what happened to me.
I'm currently undergoing MSE at 26 and the sleep/breathing gains are huge so get that if you have a narrow palate.

• Hmm...
Reactions: RonnieMcNuttMaxxing and Deleted member 19766
I got it at 16, didn't improve my nasal breathing at all and the first 2 days of recovery were brutal.
It will not help you if you're downgrown with narrow palate and your septum will probably deviate again like what happened to me.
I'm currently undergoing MSE at 26 and the sleep/breathing gains are huge so get that if you have a narrow palate.
how many teeth is your smile? mouth width?

how many teeth is your smile? mouth width?
6 teeth smile with big buccal corridors, hoping to get 8-10 teeth after i'm done with MSE. Mouth is noticeably narrow but it's getting bigger with the expansion(currently around 5mm).

The doctor noticed my deviated septum during my 3D CT Scan. Airways seem normal but now that I think of it yeah I mainly breathe with my left nostril.

No need to undergo surgery and risk being botch if I don't suffer from sleep apnea.

6 teeth smile with big buccal corridors, hoping to get 8-10 teeth after i'm done with MSE. Mouth is noticeably narrow but it's getting bigger with the expansion(currently around 5mm).
is it even worth it if my smile is already 10? (maybe small teeth?!). my skull is narrow tho so whatever helps. what do u do for lower palate?

is it even worth it if my smile is already 10? (maybe small teeth?!). my skull is narrow tho so whatever helps. what do u do for lower palate?
It depends on your bite and your lower jaw's width. If you have a cross bite then it's probably worth it.
10 teeth smile does not sound like a narrow palate but it's better to get a consultation with a MSE provider and some scans to see if you're a candidate.

• +1
It depends on your bite and your lower jaw's width. If you have a cross bite then it's probably worth it.
10 teeth smile does not sound like a narrow palate but it's better to get a consultation with a MSE provider and some scans to see if you're a candidate.
whats the thing called for lower palate again? MSDO?

whats the thing called for lower palate again? MSDO?
yes MSDO, in my case lower teeth are inclined so they will be turned outwards to match the upper arch after expansion. I think most people could get about 6mm upper jaw expansion even without having crossbite by expanding lower arch dentally.

My doctor tells me I'm too young for it (17 almost 18) but on Google they say 17 is the earliest most men are able to get it at, and many times for more severe cases guys get it as young as 12, even 6!
btw, I had my nose checked and the right nostril is totally clear, left is like half or a third blocked I think (doctor's own words)
my questions to you are;
how old were you when you got it?
did your nose ever "revert"/"relapse" back?
do you think 17 near 18 is too young or a good age for it? i want to get all my surgeries asap and septoplasty would help me get a lot better sleep quality as well so I'd like it asap
Edit: if you had rhino with it too then please mention
Got it at 18
Nose is perfectly fine, breathing is perfect
That’s a good age your doctor is fucking your sleep quality
Didn’t have rhino but my nose looks better after the surgery, not because the front looks different but the nostrils went from large flared circles to an aesthetic shape, so my nose looks better from below

• +1
Got it at 18
Nose is perfectly fine, breathing is perfect
That’s a good age your doctor is fucking your sleep quality
Didn’t have rhino but my nose looks better after the surgery, not because the front looks different but the nostrils went from large flared circles to an aesthetic shape, so my nose looks better from below
how was the recovery like? heard shit is brutal.

how was the recovery like? heard shit is brutal.
it really wasn’t bad. they had the big silicone stints in my nose but i didn’t even realize until day 2 of recovery because it kind of feels like the inside of your nose. my face was sore and nose was bleeding/running constantly for like 3-4 days but they gave me percs which made it a complete non issue. you obviously can’t breathe through your nose at all for a few days but it’s not like i could breathe easily before so it wasn’t a big deal.

getting the stints out feels great though, the first breath i took after getting them removed i felt like air was attacking my face (in a good way), like i didn’t have to force breathing at all and the air just let itself into my lungs. it only got better in a week or two after that as that swelling subsided and has been perfect ever since.

• +1
Reactions: m0ss26 and Deleted member 19766