Those who went on accutane give me your personal experiences of what effects u endured

House Lannister

House Lannister

Officially schizo
All I want in life is accutane now. Some stupid fucking website showed some image showing what accutane does to a human body and now my parents think it will kill me and I can’t get it as I haven’t moved out yet. I’m going to start fucking university with acne oh my god my last chance to ascend ruined god help me. Anyway I’m going to get it when independent so want to know what I should expect

• Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
it thins your hair a little, makes your skin super dry and your lips dry as hell, I got nosebleeds and lip bleeds on it. Some people report suicidal thoughts and depression but I didn't get any of that, I took 20 mg accutane for about 7 months and I have 0 acne, I do have slight hyperpigmentation in some spots and little scars here and there but its not noticeable. You only ever get really bad side effects on high doses and you have to have cystic acne or some fucked up shit to go a higher dose then 20 mg. Also my eyes would randomly get really dry sometimes. Get on it bro having nasty ass acne ruined my self image.

• +1
Reactions: House Lannister
Forgot to mention when starting it your acne might get a lot worse for like 2 weeks before it starts getting better, if you get on it just stick it through for 5-7 months and you won't regret it

• +1
it thins your hair a little, makes your skin super dry and your lips dry as hell, I got nosebleeds and lip bleeds on it. Some people report suicidal thoughts and depression but I didn't get any of that, I took 20 mg accutane for about 7 months and I have 0 acne, I do have slight hyperpigmentation in some spots and little scars here and there but its not noticeable. You only ever get really bad side effects on high doses and you have to have cystic acne or some fucked up shit to go a higher dose then 20 mg. Also my eyes would randomly get really dry sometimes. Get on it bro having nasty ass acne ruined my self image.
Yeah bro I need this shit desperately my acne is mild but persistent I can’t look myself in the mirror anymore. My hair is thick as fuck so hair thinning shouldn’t be bad unless it’s permanent

Yeah bro I need this shit desperately my acne is mild but persistent I can’t look myself in the mirror anymore. My hair is thick as fuck so hair thinning shouldn’t be bad unless it’s permanent
it's not permanent I grew my hair out and its back to where it was before I started the accutane. Also how old are you and are you going through puberty rn? cause I've heard that accutane can stunt growth so if you're still growing you should probably avoid getting on it and wait until you're finished growing.

• +1
it's not permanent I grew my hair out and its back to where it was before I started the accutane. Also how old are you and are you going through puberty rn? cause I've heard that accutane can stunt growth so if you're still growing you should probably avoid getting on it and wait until you're finished growing.
I’m 18 bro growth ended a while ago. My genetics couldn’t have my acne end at 16 like any normal person

My personal experience is I googled it and it says it’s a chemotherapy drug

Just lol at taking chemotherapy and not expect extreme negative side effects

Just stop being stressed and ur acne will go away lol

• JFL
Reactions: johncruz12345, NorwoodMilitant and House Lannister
I’m 18 bro growth ended a while ago. My genetics couldn’t have my acne end at 16 like any normal person
Go to a dermatologist and get the prescription yourself and just hide that shit from your parents, also low dose is important don't listen to a retard dermatologist that tries to get you to go above 30 mg because you're nuking your liver at that point.

• +1
My personal experience is I googled it and it says it’s a chemotherapy drug

Just lol at taking chemotherapy and not expect extreme negative side effects

Just stop being stressed and ur acne will go away lol
I know 294882 trillion of my friends who took accutane and enjoyed clear skin with the bad side effects in question being crusty lips. My hormones r fucked this isn’t stress related

You are malt likely destined for baldness or not.

I use accutane, it’s a top tier drug.

I did almost Every other topical, pill, system.

It might clear some people, but ffs, acne is a for real, and not because Always easily pinned to dairy or ‘toxins’ my acne was nuke proof.

But accutane be super Nuke.

• +1
Of course, topical tret etc, should be tried first though.

I'm on 40mg and the side effects are bad...I hope it hasn't ruined my psl permanently as my face is more bloated eyes puffy and red and skin flaking and cracked lips

• So Sad
Reactions: Patient A and House Lannister
All I want in life is accutane now. Some stupid fucking website showed some image showing what accutane does to a human body and now my parents think it will kill me and I can’t get it as I haven’t moved out yet. I’m going to start fucking university with acne oh my god my last chance to ascend ruined god help me. Anyway I’m going to get it when independent so want to know what I should expect
Accutane is gold standard but there are lots of other medications for acne.

If you need your parents permission (which you really don't if you're 18) ask them to take you to a dermatologist and get a "safer" medication - if that doesn't work switch to tret or Accutane.

What's your Skincare routine? Unless you have extreme acne you could improve a lot just by following an over the counter routine.

• +1
Accutane is gold standard but there are lots of other medications for acne.

If you need your parents permission (which you really don't if you're 18) ask them to take you to a dermatologist and get a "safer" medication - if that doesn't work switch to tret or Accutane.

What's your Skincare routine? Unless you have extreme acne you could improve a lot just by following an over the counter routine.
I bought tret 0.05 at a pharmacy and am using that for now

• +1
Reactions: CometDragon
Didn't get many side effects besides dry lips and my hair being less oily

• +1