Thoughts after getting Rhinoplasty, Bi-max, and Canthoplasty

E

ethan0221

Iron
Just sharing some personal experiences. I got canthoplasty, rhinoplasty, and double jaw surgery (and genioplasty).
Pros:
1. I feel more confident and less insecure. My quality of life increases.
2. I have received more compliments for how I look.
3. Double jaw surgery fixed my underbite.
Cons:
1. They are not cheap.
2. I had congestion for a week after the Rhinoplasty. I had to wear masks for a week before the surgeon took off the nose cast.
3. I am still recovering from the double jaw surgery. I stayed in the hospital for one day. The first week post operation was rough. Not super painful but I consistently feel tired. Nose bled occasionally. I had congestion as well. I can only eat liquid food for the first week and soft food for the following week. I am not allowed to work out for 6 weeks, so I have lost significant amount of muscle mass. I was very swollen for the first two weeks and still have residual swelling after one month.
4. Consultation and pre operation checks (e.q. The CT scanning and dental mold) takes time and costs money.

Overall: I think surgeries still worth it if you have major/noticeable defects that bother you. It’s better to consult multiple surgeons to see what a reasonable plan should be.

• +1
Reactions: user123456
how much was the rhino and genio cuz i plan on getting both

Attachments

• 4199226_Snimok_ehkrana_2024-06-18_001912.png
    4199226_Snimok_ehkrana_2024-06-18_001912.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 0
how much was the rhino and genio cuz i plan on getting both
I would not quote my prices as it really depends on the surgeons and your location. I did all my procedures out of the US though. I would say try to avoid cheap rhino as it is a more complicated procedure and requires high skills from the surgeon. Genio on the other hand is more straightforward to my understanding. Some surgeons might suggest patients should fix their jaw/chin before rhino.

• +1
Reactions: Ino_
I wasted money on my rhino because my rhino surgeon suggested I augmented my maxilla with implants (and my own rib) together with my rhino. The jaw surgeon had to remove the maxilla implants to advance my upper jaw. So the implant part is wasted. This tells the importance of the order of certain surgeries.

can you dm me before afters?

I would not quote my prices as it really depends on the surgeons and your location. I did all my procedures out of the US though. I would say try to avoid cheap rhino as it is a more complicated procedure and requires high skills from the surgeon. Genio on the other hand is more straightforward to my understanding. Some surgeons might suggest patients should fix their jaw/chin before rhino.
yep do bimaxx before rhino since the maxilla advancement could fix your nose