Thoughts on custom cheek/infraorbital implant design

P

politically correct

Bronze
Having bimax with Ramieri in 3 weeks, this is the first design for the accompanying infraorbital malar implants

Thoughts welcome

5mm lateral projection, 3mm forward. Dr Ramieri does not saddle implants and will not extent them to the centre of the face so no need to point that out

I'm also having some under eye lipofilling at the same time

1677852501605 1677852536561 1677852558285 1677852575936

• +1
Reactions: Jigen
3mm anterior projection is too little unless your malar area is already decently projected. 5 to 7mm is what most guys need to make any significant difference

• +1
Reactions: Mr.Proper
They aren't saddled so they are dogshit

Saddled implants could give you much more compact orbits, see my example. And Ramieri doesn't do saddle because he doesn't think it makes a difference when it absolutely does.

This will raise your lower eyelid up a lot and give you more 'hunter' eyes

Attachments

• orbitshape.png
    orbitshape.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
Saddled implants could give you much more compact orbits, see my example. And Ramieri doesn't do saddle because he doesn't think it makes a difference when it absolutely does.

This will raise your lower eyelid up a lot and give you more 'hunter' eyes
plan is to square off the orbits more, and compensate for lack of saddle with fat grafting

saddling usually not possible with intraoral approach as risk of improper placement is hugh

plan is to square off the orbits more, and compensate for lack of saddle with fat grafting

saddling usually not possible with intraoral approach as risk of improper placement is hugh
Then don't have an intraoral approach? Fat grafting will never have the same result as skeletal augmentation, fat grafting should build upon skeletal changes if needed. Additionally, fat grafting won't affect lower lid contour unlike saddle

You can cope with fat graft if you want but its suboptimal and will never be up to the same standard as a good saddled design, but to each their own, we all have different goals I suppose

You can cope with fat graft if you want but its suboptimal and will never be up to the same standard as a good saddled design, but to each their own, we all have different goals I suppose
Fat graft + lower lid retraction is more than enough in most cases imo

When will you get this, plz pm me or just tag me if you do a post saying wether your upper eyelid is still raised after infra implants or not. I remember herring got saddled implants and his eyelid apparently lost the tight effect he initially had.
I'm getting surgery march 25 but will be swollen pretty bad for 2 months

When will you get this, plz pm me or just tag me if you do a post saying wether your upper eyelid is still raised after infra implants or not. I remember herring got saddled implants and his eyelid apparently lost the tight effect he initially had.
Cope, go consult with @RealSurgerymax

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
Cope, go consult with @RealSurgerymax
Dude not everyone has to have mogger undereye support to be goodlooking, when ur outside you just notice dark cricles/tear trough and droopy eyelid. Although if i had the money for it i would go w saddled infras anyday.

Pretty awful design.

Final design, Dr Ramieri created a sort of saddle. It's not a saddle but it will cover and rise the inferior border of the orbit

1678728825437-png.2109896

1678728837736-png.2109898

1678729077022-png.2109904

what doesnt look good about it?
everything. it looks bulky and it doesn't have acute angles and definition.
Ramieri has no idea how to design implants, he is just testing and discovering in this period.

He himself admitted that he doesn't have experience btw.

Last edited:
everything. it looks bulky and it doesn't have acute angles and definition.
Ramieri has no idea how to design implants, he is just testing and discovering in this period.

He himself admitted that he doesn't have experience btw.
@TheLordMadness you did yours with Dr Ramieri right and you said your zygos looked really good?

Also yes I dont have saddle but he's getting rid of the tear trough

Honestly I don’t know why you are getting this implant, there’s no way it’s worth the money because the design sucks.

Currently 8 days post, initial result above

• +1
Reactions: NoPainNoChick and MadTwatter
Were the movements the exact same as the plan originally set out? How would you rate the jaw widening you got?
3.5mm maxilla with 1.5mm impaction
12.5mm mandible almost exclusively from ccw
4mm genioplasty
c. 5mm per side widening

How does the jaw widening look? I’m thinking of getting this myself but not too sure yet as I haven’t seen many people that have got this done.

How does the jaw widening look? I’m thinking of getting this myself but not too sure yet as I haven’t seen many people that have got this done.
cant tell at all as I am so fucking swollen

Literally just looks like a neck lipo. Feel sorry for u OP. Prob looks better after swelling but the inframalar implant from ramieri is sub-par. Pagnoni all the way
entitled to your opinion but its actually a pretty huge advancement

• +1
Reactions: jon_chase89 and Oxygen
Having bimax with Ramieri in 3 weeks, this is the first design for the accompanying infraorbital malar implants

Thoughts welcome

5mm lateral projection, 3mm forward. Dr Ramieri does not saddle implants and will not extent them to the centre of the face so no need to point that out

I'm also having some under eye lipofilling at the same time

View attachment 2097389View attachment 2097390View attachment 2097391View attachment 2097392
did you end up getting the infraorbitals

Sorry, I mean the whole thing?

But this is damn cheap
just the implants, whole thing bimax plus implants was 24k euros

• Woah
Reactions: grooxx
I dont remember if i asked u op but did you need braces pre or post op

How was your occlusion and crowding

I dont remember if i asked u op but did you need braces pre or post op

How was your occlusion and crowding
i was surgery first, im currently doing a 9 month invisalign correction post surgery

I had perfect upper teeth, some crowding on lowers

After surgery annoyingly I wasnt able to close my bite because my molars made contact too early but thats nearly fixed

Surgery also made my occlusal plane almost completely flat, the invisalign will create an upward smile contour again