Thoughts on religions

L

lilxder2

Solstice
it has always been very weird to me how religion is split very clearly between certain ethnicities and cultures, almost as if there is no right or wrong religion but your religion is simply inherited to you depending on the culture you grew up in (same with how black or white people have a certain culture, and how both think their own is superior) - and how it also has nothing to do with IQ or logical thinking capabilties.

additionally it's also weird how they will defend their religion to death and looks for flaws in each other's faith (while disregarding any flaws in their own), simply because that's how they were born and raised - and I can't help but notice the extreme similarities between this mindset and the indoctrination of cults. I truly think that these people are simply incapable of questioning their own faith, even extremely high IQ people can be indoctrinated if it so happens to be a child that believes whatever their parents tell them - or a book that appears to be the ultimate solution for that matter.

(btw I am not attacking any specific religion as all religions have this cult-like attribute, and I'm aware that even I fell for it to a certain degree)
(btw2 I strongly believe in an ultimate god/creator, so I don't consider myself an atheist in the slightest)

• JFL
Reactions: Imretarded?
Jfl at not being an atheist. Religion is utter cope.

Jfl at not being an atheist. Religion is utter cope.
atheism is a religion aswell.
I consider myself neither an atheist, nor necessarily religious (tho I am still reading and resesarching a lot, so I keep this possibility open)

• Hmm...
Reactions: Imretarded?
atheism is a religion aswell.
I consider myself neither an atheist, nor necessarily religious (tho I am still reading and resesarching a lot, so I keep this possibility open)
No its not. it's a rejection of religion.

Fairy tales with imaginary friends that transforms your existence, as on Minecraft from Survival Mode to Custom Mode, for subhumans who have nothing here but hope to have after they die, or narcissistic chads and staicys who would like their genetics and value to remain infinite, even after death :feelshehe:

If you're interested in the topic, BE HUMBLE and study the world's religions. I can recommend books I plan on reading. Mircea Eliade is a very good start. In this day and age, everyone wants to criticize religion, but only few put in the effort to understand the nature of religion. You assume people are religious because they are stupid. Nope! There is something else going on.

If you're interested in the topic, BE HUMBLE and study the world's religions. I can recommend books I plan on reading. Mircea Eliade is a very good start. In this day and age, everyone wants to criticize religion, but only few put in the effort to understand the nature of religion. You assume people are religious because they are stupid. Nope! There is something else going on.
I literally said it's unrelated to IQ

edit: thanks for the recommendation tho, I'll look into it

• +1
Reactions: Madridista