Threw up and almost passed out while at an intro martial arts lesson today

CarlSagan96

CarlSagan96

In a better place
Never been this exhausted and this was only at an introductory lesson for a dojo place near me, so there were middle-aged and obese women doing this stuff no problem. Nobody else there even had to step outside the entire time but I was just completely wiped out after 20 minutes. I also got a sort of green-yellow field of vision and had to throw up outside. I can’t believe I’ve gotten so unfit for just not doing any exercise for 3 months,

What can I do to prevent this from happening again? I want to keep going to the dojo place so I can do martial arts stuff but I can’t even handle a basic cardio workout

• Ugh..
Reactions: ZyzzReincarnate
run a lot before your next class

Calisthenics and Jump Rope

this happened to me at my first football workout
i was completely sedentary coming into it and it only took like 3 workouts to adjust
make sure your diet and sleep is good, eating too close to a workout and not eating at all before a workout will make you vomit

• +1
Reactions: CarlSagan96
this happened to me at my first football workout
i was completely sedentary coming into it and it only took like 3 workouts to adjust
make sure your diet and sleep is good, eating too close to a workout and not eating at all before a workout will make you vomit
Hmmm yeah now that I think about it, I actually didn’t have anything at all to eat or drink before the workout since it was a morning class. Thanks for the advice tho, I’ll definitely eat something before next time. Any tips on how much water to drink before or during workout?

Hmmm yeah now that I think about it, I actually didn’t have anything at all to eat or drink before the workout since it was a morning class. Thanks for the advice tho, I’ll definitely eat something before next time. Any tips on how much water to drink before or during workout?
just drink enough throughout the day to stay well hydrated, dont drink too much beforehand and just drink as you feel like it during, once again not too much or too fast. and 2-3 hours before is the best time to eat before the workout. during a workout blood goes to the muscles and away from the digestive system making you nauseous if you ate too much too recently, and if you don’t eat at all you get low blood sugar which makes you nauseous

:sick:

• +1
Reactions: CarlSagan96

Users who are viewing this thread

Back