thyroid results

morticious

morticious

Iron
any idea whether this means I have a solid thyroid or bad thyroid? any thyroid experts? just got a blood test so i wanted to check this, especially because my t3 uptake seems to be very high.

Attachments

• 37E57DC4-E583-46C8-9C53-53622CFBCD1E.jpeg
    37E57DC4-E583-46C8-9C53-53622CFBCD1E.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 0
Bad obviously

btwI’ve always had trouble gaining weight, pretty skinny but it’s been getting better now vs when i was younger

I don't know about T3 uptake test but , high total T3 levels means you've hyperthyroid.

• +1
Reactions: morticious
I don't know about T3 uptake test but , high total T3 levels means you've hyperthyroid.
i thought so too but i’ve been reading and there seems to be a lot of conflicting values about TSH and t4 levels and whatnot so I wanted to ask because it’s all very confusing

• +1
Reactions: Asteroidzz
T3 is high, go to an endocrinologist
thanks, i wanted to get a hormone panel but i just never asked. I am going through puberty if it changes anything but i think that also is the best time to get my hormones right.

thanks, i wanted to get a hormone panel but i just never asked. I am going through puberty if it changes anything but i think that also is the best time to get my hormones right.
yes now is the best time how old are u btw

i thought so too but i’ve been reading and there seems to be a lot of conflicting values about TSH and t4 levels and whatnot so I wanted to ask because it’s all very confusing
Tsh is not a good indicator , and t4 hormone gets converted to t3 which is an active hormone , which you do have in excess which generally means you have fast metabolism. you are very lucky tbh , if you don't have any negative sides of hyperthyroid then you're good.

Tsh is not a good indicator , and t4 hormone gets converted to t3 which is an active hormone , which you do have in excess which generally means you have fast metabolism. you are very lucky tbh , if you don't have any negative sides of hyperthyroid then you're good.
yeah, recently though i’ve been having trouble sleeping and i’ve grown 3.5 inches in the past year but really i’ve had no other symptoms. i’m just afraid that it will be forever and that I will always have trouble gaining muscle because i’m TOO skinny

TSH is too low, you have some degree of hypothyroidism.
i thought it worked opposite though, you want lower TSH or something? i think lars made a post saying it should be below 2 but maybe i misread it

that’s why i’m so confused about thyroid, there is so much conflicting info

i thought it worked opposite though, you want lower TSH or something? i think lars made a post saying it should be below 2 but maybe i misread it

that’s why i’m so confused about thyroid, there is so much conflicting info
I meant too high. Ideal is under 1.5