Time to buy AMD. Over if you don't.

my stock market debt-interest payments are covered by my stock market gains.

They put my account negative 900 dollars due to interest payments for month June. But since my investments went up, this is irrelevant.

This negative 900 dollars fits into my leverage ratio. It doesn't need to be paid, it's simply considered as additional leverage which is fine as long as my stock keeps going up.
sadly too high iq for me

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston
let me invest for you, but unofficially
im a neet and broke rn so no investing for now sadly, but when i find a job ill have to use the money from 2/3 months of work for 2 surgeries and then i can start to invest.

• +1
Currently don't have any money to spare, but I'll be rebalancing my portfolio soon to include AMD.

Remind me 1 year, 20+% returns
amd is never going to win in ai it’s likely going to be nvidia again

but amd will always go up because intel is has been replaced since 2021, intel is obsolete

amd will basically have a monopoly on cpus while intel will focus on miscellaneous chip use cases

i predicted the huge rise in amd in September 2022 btw

• +1
AMD is a great stock ngl

• +1
im a neet and broke rn so no investing for now sadly, but when i find a job ill have to use the money from 2/3 months of work for 2 surgeries and then i can start to invest.
good plans

amd is never going to win in ai it’s likely going to be nvidia again

but amd will always go up because intel is has been replaced since 2021, intel is obsolete

amd will basically have a monopoly on cpus while intel will focus on miscellaneous chip use cases

i predicted the huge rise in amd in September 2022 btw
AMD is a great stock ngl

AMD up 6% since this topic.
Everything I touch turns into gold midas vibe ahhh

I still believe AMD is value at this price and will be slowly migrating money into it at this price-point.

I'll be looking out for new opportunities though.

• +1
Reactions: noobs
AMD up 6% since this topic.
Everything I touch turns into gold midas vibe ahhh

I still believe AMD is value at this price and will be slowly migrating money into it at this price-point.

I'll be looking out for new opportunities though.
RNDR

@noobs Intel is mostly a foundry play at this point, and competes more with TSMC than with AMD.

TSMC is a monstrous power-house foundry-player. (I am heavily invested). It sits at the top of chip-production and nobody even comes close.
Samsung is left in the dust, but is still way better than Intel as a foundry.
Intel is trying to compete, is predicting to compete, yet at this point they are trash. But there is a turnaround story with Intel as a foundry, definitely.

I am keeping close eyes on Intel. So far I am not convinced that intel will be the foundry powerhouse it thinks it can be. But it's an interesting idea.

I don't see myself investing into intel right now, but a few years from now my opinion could be very different.

Last edited:
  • +1
@noobs Intel is mostly a foundry play at this point, and competes more with TSMC than with AMD.

TSMC is a monstrous power-house foundry-player. (I am heavily invested). It sits at the top of chip-production and nobody even comes close.
Samsung is left in the dust, but is still way better than Intel as a foundry.
Intel is trying to compete, is predicting to compete, yet at this point they are trash. But there is a turnaround story with Intel as a foundry, definitely.

I am keeping close eyes on Intel. So far I am not convinced that intel will be the foundry powerhouse it thinks it can be. But it's an interesting idea.

I don't see myself investing into intel right now, but a few years from now my opinion could be very different.
intel wants to be like a mircosoft of computer chips but has none of the leverage mircosoft has, i dont think intel is coming back anytime soon

intel isnt even trying to hone in on any speciality they are trying to diversify into random tech sectors like they are randomly throwing money around

• +1
intel wants to be like a mircosoft of computer chips but has none of the leverage mircosoft has, i dont think intel is coming back anytime soon
-microsoft of computer chips-, not sure what you mean because microsoft does design computer-chips, yet they are a very small irrelevant player in that field.
google is a big designer of computer chips though. They have their own pixel phones which they design chips for.
But then they also are the second largest designer of TPUs (tensor processing chip) mostly used in their own cloud business and for powering their own (gen)-AI features.

microsoft isnt in the business of designing chips in any serious way. it also doesn't produce chips whatsoever.
intel isnt even trying to hone in on any speciality they are trying to diversify into random tech sectors like they are randomly throwing money around
nahhh, I disagree.

You have the typical intel desktop/server chips which compete with those of AMD. Reminder: Intel still holds the big majority of sales in this sector. AMD is in fact still, to this day, a smaller player next to intel. (it's something like Intel-70%. AMD-30%.) but i'd have to find the exact numbers.

not much has changed

• Hmm...
-microsoft of computer chips-, not sure what you mean because microsoft does design computer-chips, yet they are a very small irrelevant player in that field.
google is a big designer of computer chips though. They have their own pixel phones which they design chips for.
But then they also are the second largest designer of TPUs (tensor processing chip) mostly used in their own cloud business and for powering their own (gen)-AI features.

microsoft isnt in the business of designing chips in any serious way. it also doesn't produce chips whatsoever.
i meant in the way microsoft acts it’s similar to how intel tries to act
nahhh, I disagree.

You have the typical intel desktop/server chips which compete with those of AMD. Reminder: Intel still holds the big majority of sales in this sector. AMD is in fact still, to this day, a smaller player next to intel. (it's something like Intel-70%. AMD-30%.) but i'd have to find the exact numbers.

not much has changed
intel is trying to diversify while losing massive marketshare over time in their biggest revenue streams with is which is basically suicide

• +1
i meant in the way microsoft acts it’s similar to how intel tries to act
okay, just dont exactly understand what you mean with this comparison, which is why I thought you meant chip design.
intel is trying to diversify while losing massive marketshare over time in their biggest revenue streams with is which is basically suicide
dont understand.
Intel is diversifying mostly into foundry at this point. This is their biggest play, this is their future.

If intel foundy fails, it is over.

Personally I don't think that it will fail, but I believe it will be uncompetitive and have shit-margins next to TSMC. For now.