Top 5 mistakes looksmaxxers make

Alexanderr

Alexanderr

Admin
Staff
Not my thread, made by @Zugzwang on Lookism.
Original thread: https://lookism.net/threads/top-5-looksmaxxing-mistakes-in-my-opinion.500554/
I just felt it deserved to be seen here as well.

Most of it is common sense.

1. Overthinking / mental masturbation / just talking, no actions.

Obviously, you should inform yourself a bit before getting a procedure to prevent results like this.
But most people here tend to overthink things. As a general rule of thumb: reading and educating yourself about surgical options and understanding the basics of male aesthetics shouldn't take you more than 4 weeks. Just read the threads in the faq (on .me threads in the looksmaxing/best of the best section) and you should be fine.

2. Choosing a cosmetic procedure out of comfort but not out of necessity.

So, I’m currently reading this meme book "thinking, fast and slow" from Daniel Kahneman - I know, I know cringe.

Thinking, Fast and Slow - Wikipedia

Anyways there is an interesting part I stumbled over which talks about intuitive heuristics:

“This is the essence of intuitive heuristics: when faced with a difficult question, we often answer an easier one instead, usually without noticing the substitution,” says Kahneman.

Even though you can‘t transfer this 1 to 1, it reminded me of something that I read here very much. People who, for example - would actually need jaw surgery realize it often comes with a long time period of pretreatment/after treatment and expensive costs. They don't want to endure these. Therefore they start bargaining instead. Looking for procedures that are less expensive, less invasive, take shorter to heal. Suddenly, they start to think about their ears, their upper eyelids when the big elephant in the room is their maxilla. Simply, because the eyes and the upper eyelids are easier to fix. Albeit this attitude being very good for many things, it isn’t particularly good regarding facial aesthetics. When it comes to your face you can’t nor shouldn't really make compromises. It’s a very precise business. Surgeries that don't exactly address and solve the problem but rather focuse on camouflaging it often don’t lead to good results. In fact, they can make you look off and even worse than initially.

So, if you want to get a cosmetic procedure and you are not motivated by pure aesthetic gainz but also other factors like money or time, think again. If you ever catch yourself thinking "it’s not xxx but AT LEAST it's improving me a bit or I do something" think again. In many cases, you will save yourself future disappointment doing so.

3. Avoiding risks and false assessment of risks.

If you focus too much on what you can possibly lose instead of what you can possibly gain you won't come far in life in general and looksmaxxing in particular. You can’t stay always in your comfort zone. Every decision comes with consequences. Even if that decision is to do nothing. From an evolutionary viewpoint where every small accident like a broken leg could lead to death. Risk avoidance was somehow legit but since then the world has long since evolved. Today the definitive consequence of total risk avoidance is you rotting in your basement living from welfare money. You will survive but you won't truly live.

Connected to this is the false assessment of risks particularly the over- and underestimation of risks.

On the other hand, risks get overblown. finasteride - for example. Which for most people has no serious side effects - and if they do - then disappear in 99% of cases after discontinuing the drug gets harshly criticized by many. In reality, only a very small minority can get seriously fucked up but this normal for every drug including medication like ibuprofen, paracetamol, and all supplements out there. Some people discredit every study that shows finasteride is not particular dangerous (paid by pharmacy jews) but takes poor made studies and every anonymous internet report as valid as long as it reports horrible side effects in high and persistent numbers.

On the other hand, the side effects and risks of smoking, a sedative lifestyle, fast food, sitting in front of a smartphone/desktop nearly the WHOLE DAY are underestimated and neglected. While studd like benzos, SSRIs are taken without any second thoughts by many here.

Addressing another point: Yes, there are short term (and potentially long term) side effects with getting jaw surgery but what about the short/long term side effects of staying ugly? It sounds silly but its something you have to think about. Maybe not risking jaw surgery is actually more treacherous than to go through with it.

4. Working on your strengths instead of your weaknesses.

A beautiful face is an average face, meaning it has average proportions and features. Some people think they can equal failures out by enhancing certain features that are already quite strong or at least average. This won't work. Always concentrate on the things in your face that are below average looking (failos).

0 + 0 = 0 is better than -1 + 1 = 0.

5. Obsessing over little details and striving too much for perfection.

1. Know how and when to stop. Do not overdo fillers, implants or any cosmetic surgery, really. Improving your face while looking natural is key.

Do not obsess over small details nobody but you (and some other aspies here) care about. It’s quite frankly a waste of time.

TLDR:
  1. Overthinking/mental masturbation gets you nowhere. Actions do.
  2. Get procedures you actually need, regardless of them costing you more time, money or pain. It’s your face we’re talking about here. Choosing the wrong procedure because it’s cheaper or requires less healing will be counterproductive.
  3. Avoiding taking action and/or risks has it's consequences. Choosing to be idle has it's own after-effects. II The false assessment of risks will unnecessarily hinder progress towards your goal.
  4. Striving to improve features that are already average or above average instead of improving those below average (failos) isn't what you should be doing.
  5. Obsessing over neglible details and aspiring too much for the impossible is foolish and a waste of time.

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: northern mogger, kingpiin, Fiqh and 137 others
Old

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: thecel and Alexanderr
6. calling themselves "mentalcels" so they overrate their looks by saying they aren't ugly, causing them to not work as hard at looksmaxxing

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: northern mogger, Fiqh, greywind and 69 others
Thinking they can go from an ugly cunt to super model tier with enough surgeries is big here ngl

• +1
Reactions: greywind, ShowerMaxxing, Pikabro and 22 others
Reason 1 is the entirety of this forum. Fucking insecure uggos trying to outcast the GL people

7. Being of bad pedigree.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mogstars, Deleted member 15827 and WannaBeA6
First point is the most important one, almost everyone here waste their time fantasizing about their Chad life after ascension, and seldomly actually work on themselves. Hence most of them would be a victim of the age pill before they realise this.

TIME IS RUNNING OUT, START ASCENDING NOW.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: bleachgoon, greywind, Kkrm and 27 others
8.- making an account on looksmax.me

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: angelo, Pikabro, Marsiere214 and 13 others
9. Not going ER

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: DawgyDawg, tallnegga, Pikabro and 15 others
10. Overrating yourself after a simple softmaxx.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: new horizon, LooksThinker, Mewton and 13 others
11. Not roping

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksThinker, angelo, Pikabro and 3 others
Original thread: https://lookism.net/threads/top-5-looksmaxxing-mistakes-in-my-opinion.500554/

View attachment 466526

Obviously, you should inform yourself a bit before getting a procedure to prevent results like this.
But most people here tend to overthink things. As a general rule of thumb: reading and educating yourself about surgical options and understanding the basics of male aesthetics shouldn't take you more than 4 weeks. Just read the threads in the faq (on .me threads in the looksmaxing/best of the best section) and you should be fine.

View attachment 466525

So, I’m currently reading this meme book "thinking, fast and slow" from Daniel Kahneman - I know, I know cringe.

Anyways there is an interesting part I stumbled over which talks about intuitive heuristics:

Even though you can‘t transfer this 1 to 1, it reminded me of something that I read here very much. People who, for example - would actually need jaw surgery realize it often comes with a long time period of pretreatment/after treatment and expensive costs. They don't want to endure these. Therefore they start bargaining instead. Looking for procedures that are less expensive, less invasive, take shorter to heal. Suddenly, they start to think about their ears, their upper eyelids when the big elephant in the room is their maxilla. Simply, because the eyes and the upper eyelids are easier to fix. Albeit this attitude being very good for many things, it isn’t particularly good regarding facial aesthetics. When it comes to your face you can’t nor shouldn't really make compromises. It’s a very precise business. Surgeries that don't exactly address and solve the problem but rather focuse on camouflaging it often don’t lead to good results. In fact, they can make you look off and even worse than initially.

View attachment 466552

So, if you want to get a cosmetic procedure and you are not motivated by pure aesthetic gainz but also other factors like money or time, think again. If you ever catch yourself thinking "it’s not xxx but AT LEAST it's improving me a bit or I do something" think again. In many cases, you will save yourself future disappointment doing so.

View attachment 466524

If you focus too much on what you can possibly lose instead of what you can possibly gain you won't come far in life in general and looksmaxxing in particular. You can’t stay always in your comfort zone. Every decision comes with consequences. Even if that decision is to do nothing. From an evolutionary viewpoint where every small accident like a broken leg could lead to death. Risk avoidance was somehow legit but since then the world has long since evolved. Today the definitive consequence of total risk avoidance is you rotting in your basement living from welfare money. You will survive but you won't truly live.

Connected to this is the false assessment of risks particularly the over- and underestimation of risks.

On the other hand, risks get overblown. finasteride - for example. Which for most people has no serious side effects - and if they do - then disappear in 99% of cases after discontinuing the drug gets harshly criticized by many. In reality, only a very small minority can get seriously fucked up but this normal for every drug including medication like ibuprofen, paracetamol, and all supplements out there. Some people discredit every study that shows finasteride is not particular dangerous (paid by pharmacy jews) but takes poor made studies and every anonymous internet report as valid as long as it reports horrible side effects in high and persistent numbers.

On the other hand, the side effects and risks of smoking, a sedative lifestyle, fast food, sitting in front of a smartphone/desktop nearly the WHOLE DAY are underestimated and neglected. While studd like benzos, SSRIs are taken without any second thoughts by many here.

Addressing another point: Yes, there are short term (and potentially long term) side effects with getting jaw surgery but what about the short/long term side effects of staying ugly? It sounds silly but its something you have to think about. Maybe not risking jaw surgery is actually more treacherous than to go through with it.

View attachment 466523

A beautiful face is an average face, meaning it has average proportions and features. Some people think they can equal failures out by enhancing certain features that are already quite strong or at least average. This won't work. Always concentrate on the things in your face that are below average looking (failos).

View attachment 466522

1. Know how and when to stop. Do not overdo fillers, implants or any cosmetic surgery, really. Improving your face while looking natural is key.

2. Do not obsess over small details nobody but you (and some other aspies here) care about. It’s quite frankly a waste of time.

TLDR:
  2. Get procedures you actually need, regardless of them costing you more time, money or pain. It’s your face we’re talking about here. Choosing the wrong procedure because it’s cheaper or requires less healing will be counterproductive.
  3. Avoiding taking action and/or risks has it's consequences. Choosing to be idle has it's own after-effects. II The false assessment of risks will unnecessarily hinder progress towards your goal.
  4. Striving to improve features that are already average or above average instead of improving those below average (failos) isn't what you should be doing.
  5. Obsessing over neglible details and aspiring too much for the impossible is foolish and a waste of time.
Only #1 and I'm trynna change

12. not going to Raffaini

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, anticel, Marsiere214 and 1 other person
Agree with all except number 2. You have to be practical about this. If you give up two years of prime slaying time to have jaw surgery for example, when you could have had a genio or implant or something much less invasive but have a lot more time to life maxx, that would represent a good deal in my opinion. At some point you gotta cut your losses and consider the effect of diminishing returns.

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator, Cidre enjoyer and Deleted member 5292
13. Not being fascist

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, angelo, Marsiere214 and 4 others
14. Asking for rates when they aren’t lean yet

I cant give you a PSL rating when you look boneless nigga..

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, Pikabro, 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫 and 7 others
14. Asking for rates when they aren’t lean yet

I cant give you a PSL rating when you look boneless nigga..
True but some niggas you can tell will still have no jawline lean...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
15. Being a non-greycel. And shitposting here instead of getting things done. :dafuckfeels:

Water is water, but good post OP

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Mewton, Pikabro, Deleted member and 7 others
Every looksmaxxer should read this post.

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator, Yerico7, Alexanderr and 1 other person

View attachment 466526

View attachment 466525

View attachment 466552

View attachment 466524

On the other hand, risks get overblown. Finasteride - for example. Which for most people has no serious side effects - and if they do - then disappear in 99% of cases after discontinuing the drug gets harshly criticized by many. In reality, only a very small minority can get seriously fucked up but this normal for every drug including medication like ibuprofen, paracetamol, and all supplements out there. Some people discredit every study that shows finasteride is not particularly dangerous (paid by pharmacy jews) and instead take poor made studies & every anonymous internet report as valid as long as it reports horrible side effects in high and persistent numbers.

On the other hand, the side effects and risks of smoking, a sedative lifestyle, fast food, sitting in front of a smartphone/desktop nearly the WHOLE DAY are underestimated and neglected. While stuff like benzos, SSRIs are taken without any second thoughts by many here.

View attachment 466523

View attachment 466522

2. Do not obsess over small details nobody but you (and some other aspies here) care about. It’s quite frankly a waste of time.

TLDR:
TOP 5 MISTAKES LOOKSMAXXER MAKE

1) BEING BORN SUB 8-PSL

• +1
Reactions: Pikabro and Deleted member
Thinking they can go from an ugly cunt to super model tier with enough surgeries is big here ngl
I want to go from a 4 to a 5.5-6.5
No intends to become some chad
Just an average or slightly above average dude

I've been told i have potential to chadlitemaxx through surgery but not too sure about that

Idk why I’m still here tbh, my ipd and midface are absolutely fucked no point in “looksmaxxing” now, Gandy heaven is near

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, Deleted member and Deleted member 4612
Idk why I’m still here tbh, my ipd and midface are absolutely fucked no point in “looksmaxxing” now, Gandy heaven is near
smoke portuguese

• So Sad
Reactions: mogstar

View attachment 466526

View attachment 466525

View attachment 466552

View attachment 466524

View attachment 466523

View attachment 466522

TLDR:
2nd point is perfect , you can’t polish a turd. If you have maxillomandibular retrusion the first step is always always bimax

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729

XD

• WTF
Reactions: Marsiere214

View attachment 466526

View attachment 466525

View attachment 466552

View attachment 466524

View attachment 466523

View attachment 466522

TLDR:
That Chick was stacylite why did she fuck herself up????

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
just lol if you dont follow this

View attachment 466526

View attachment 466525

View attachment 466552

View attachment 466524

View attachment 466523

View attachment 466522

TLDR:
6 th Mistake Following ur whims and desires and not following Islam properly!!;;

• +1
Reactions: Pikabro and Htobrother
This thread = Common sense

6. calling themselves "mentalcels" so they overrate their looks by saying they aren't ugly, causing them to not work as hard at looksmaxxing
true, although I think not having talked to anyone other than family this year has not been to my benefit either

View attachment 466526

View attachment 466525

View attachment 466552

View attachment 466524

View attachment 466523

View attachment 466522

TLDR:
6. Quote RealSurgerymax

being a hermit waiting for something to happen and letting life pass you by.

life doesn’t start after you get your surgeries, after you graduate, or make a certain income. Life is happening right now. In other words, be present. If someone is putting the whole rest of their life on hold for surgery then that’s the wrong way to go about it.

• +1
Reactions: Mewton, Anchor_Ship, Biiyo03 and 1 other person
dnrd, gotta looksmax

• +1
Reactions: Pikabro

• JFL
Reactions: Mewton and Michael Myers
btw boyo why you post this everywhere lmao
@TRUE_CEL had dissapeared so I posted these posters everywhere, because maybe someone had seen him somewhere

• +1
Reactions: Michael Myers
Ik this is a similie but it still makes no sense
Yeah, could be but point is essentially to not overcompensate for a weakness by working on something you consider a strengh of yours. Rather, try to eliminate your weaknesses, will probably end up with a better result as well.