Topical minoxidil caused facial bloating for me..

amokzy

amokzy

Ascending
So my eyebrows have always been thin as hell, due to my genetics. And I've seen some people take minoxidil orally, but I'm too high inhib to try that shit out.
I thought to myself why not apply minoxidil topically to my eyebrows? :forcedsmile:

Well.. bad idea (in my case)..

I've been on a caloric deficit for a couple of weeks now and started losing more face fat each week and ever since I started using minoxidil topically, my face started looking
PUFFY AS SHIT. The kind of puffiness I had reminded me of when I was bulking like an idiot and ate everything in sight. This all happened in just a few days.

Naturally, I started freaking out and thought I might've ate in a surplus or consumed too much sodium. :feelswhy:
So I tried really dialing in my calories and my sodium/potassium intake. And the funny thing is that I started seeing more definition in my body, except my face. Nothing I did fixed with my facial bloating, as it only got
WORSE each day.

I tried many debloating techniques to get rid of the bloat, some worked but only for a couple hours really. Then I realized that it may have been caused by my minoxidil use, so I searched it up and yes minoxidil has side effects for some people like weight gain and water retention.

My eyebrows grew pretty fast, but the water retention in my face made it just not worth it for me. So I stoped using minoxidil and you guessed it: the next day my water retention in my face reduced significantly! :owo:

I will just use Rosemary Oil + Castor oil for my eyebrows these days.

I'm not discouraging anyone from using minoxidil, I'm just sharing my bad experience with it.

TL;DR: I stopped using topical minoxidil on my eyebrows because It made my face bloated.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: chawaje, It'snotover, bluderbra and 3 others
The reason is because you're a BBC slut:ogre:

• Hmm...
Reactions: amokzy
The reason is because you're a BBC slut:ogre:
IMG 0543

So my eyebrows have always been thin as hell, due to my genetics. And I've seen some people take minoxidil orally, but I'm too high inhib to try that shit out.
I thought to myself why not apply minoxidil topically to my eyebrows? :forcedsmile:

Well.. bad idea (in my case)..

I've been on a caloric deficit for a couple of weeks now and started losing more face fat each week and ever since I started using minoxidil topically, my face started looking
PUFFY AS SHIT. The kind of puffiness I had reminded me of when I was bulking like an idiot and ate everything in sight. This all happened in just a few days.

Naturally, I started freaking out and thought I might've ate in a surplus or consumed too much sodium. :feelswhy:
So I tried really dialing in my calories and my sodium/potassium intake. And the funny thing is that I started seeing more definition in my body, except my face. Nothing I did fixed with my facial bloating, as it only got
WORSE each day.

I tried many debloating techniques to get rid of the bloat, some worked but only for a couple hours really. Then I realized that it may have been caused by my minoxidil use, so I searched it up and yes minoxidil has side effects for some people like weight gain and water retention.

My eyebrows grew pretty fast, but the water retention in my face made it just not worth it for me. So I stoped using minoxidil and you guessed it: the next day my water retention in my face reduced significantly! :owo:

I will just use Rosemary Oil + Castor oil for my eyebrows these days.

I'm not discouraging anyone from using minoxidil, I'm just sharing my bad experience with it.

TL;DR: I stopped using topical minoxidil on my eyebrows because It made my face bloated.

this hasn't happened to me throughout my use of it

you sure you aren't having a few more late night honeybuns than usual?

• +1
you sure you aren't having a few more late night honeybuns than usual?
Not at all, I'd say, I started eating better and tracking literally everything that I ate, I've been eating less carbs/ more protein than before. I think I've mentioned my body getting leaner aswell, all except for my face. (My body may have to get used to it, but I'm not willing to sacrifice weeks of looking subhuman just for some eyebrows gains.)

Not at all, I'd say, I started eating better and tracking literally everything that I ate, I've been eating less carbs/ more protein than before. I think I've mentioned my body getting leaner aswell, all except for my face.
Yeah ik I was trolling you

(My body may have to get used to it, but I'm not willing to sacrifice weeks of looking subhuman just for some eyebrows gains.)
You might have to bro, eyebrows are heavily important for a better eye area.

Trust me it's worth it; coming from a personal testimony

• +1
switch to oral its way better
When I applied topically 2x a day my face was puffy asf

• +1
Yeah same but don’t care tbh I need thick eyebrows

• +1
Thats Cope i am applying every night and not bloated height around 1.8m 63kg

• Ugh..
(My body may have to get used to it, but I'm not willing to sacrifice weeks of looking subhuman just for some eyebrows gains.)

Most people will need months or years of daily application for the minoxidil gains to become terminal hairs. If you quit within days or weeks, the progress will be permanently lost after quitting.

Some slow responders need to apply twice daily for 2-4 years for the vellus hair to become a dark terminal hair from minoxidil.

• +1
Reactions: marek937, Eiei and amokzy
  • +1
Reactions: chinmax and liberiangrimreaper
minox is shit, fucks your skin up and bloats you

is it same for head hair? does it cause bloat?
Tbh looking back at it, I used to apply minoxidil right before bed. It may have rubbed on my pillow/gotten into my face. I think you should be fine if you apply it well before bed and allow it to completely dry first.
Not gonna try it again tho :p

• +1
Reactions: oooto
Tbh looking back at it, I used to apply minoxidil right before bed. It may have rubbed on my pillow/gotten into my face. I think you should be fine if you apply it well before bed and allow it to completely dry first.
Not gonna try it again tho :p
yeah i think that is one of the main reasons why it is told that you should not apply it right before going to bed

• +1