TOPICAL VITAMIN C - DON'T SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS

D

Deleted member 7076

Kraken
"A combination of 0.5% ferulic acid with 15% Vit. C and 1% Vit. E can increase the efficacy of Vit. C eight-fold."

THE VITAMIN C FORMULATION USED FOR THAT STUDY HAS BEEN PATENTED BY SKINCEUTICALS BECAUSE OF ITS SUPERIOR STABLITY AND EFFECTIVENESS IN VIVO:

Screen Shot 2021 08 07 at 12729 pm

THIS PATENT IS A HUGE SELLING POINT AND MARKETING ADVANTAGE FOR THEM

THEY ARE THE ONLY COMPANY THAT CAN SELL THE MOST EFFECTIVE VITAMIN C FORMULATION AND HENCE A 30ML BOTTLE WILL SET YOU BACK UPWARDS OF $166

Screen Shot 2021 08 07 at 12943 pm

PRETTY FUCKING EXPENSIVE, RIGHT?

MAKE THE PATENTED FORMULA AT HOME YOURSELF FOR ~$50 TO YIELD A NET ~150mL OF SERUM

THATS $0.33 per mL
COMPARED TO $5.53 per mL

AKA ~1/17th OF THE SELLING PRICE...

HERE ARE TWO GUIDES

I RECOMMEND YOU BUY THE INGREDIENTS SEPARATELY BUT YOU CAN BUY A KIT FOR A LITTLE MORE MONEY IF YOU'RE LAZY:
- $80 https://lotioncrafter.com/products/ce-with-ferulic-acid-kit

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: reptiles, RAMU KAKA, klamus and 11 others
or you could just get timeless vitamin c... its not that expensive and has vitamin e with feurlic acid

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Hero of the Imperium, AscendingHero and 4 others
or you could just get timeless vitamin c... its not that expensive and has vitamin e with feurlic acid
theres a reason why they patented the formula, it works

they also patented the pH (2.5-3.5), timeless is 2.4 and all other vitamin C products are out of this optimal range among other shit

also, all the anecdotes say that timeless doesnt do much to their skin from what i've read - see it for yourself

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy and Spinc
  • +1
Reactions: reptiles, Deleted member 16834, Spinc and 5 others
im skeptical of its efficacy

it's somewhat similar, though I doubt they have the research behind their formulation that Skinceuticals does

skinceuticals has been known to make the best in class vit C serum for a long time now

the diy is cheaper than the one you linked ($0.8 per mL vs $0.3 per mL) - personally i dont see any reason to buy it honestly

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Chintuck22 and HQNPmaxxing
@BOTB can't we just dissolve 1000mg vitamin C,400IU vitamin e and ferulic acid in water and apply it in face?
would literally cost a 15 bucks

• JFL
Reactions: Baldingman1998 and Deleted member 7076
@BOTB can't we just dissolve 1000mg vitamin C,400IU vitamin e and ferulic acid in water and apply it in face?
would literally cost a 15 bucks
:lul:

remember that actual research has been done on the formula for years so they probably tried that at one point too and obviously it wasnt successful

Last edited:
:lul:

try it and see how long it will last u
wdym? won't it be efficient? also artificial serums have jew chemicals in it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7076
Yeah other formulas aren't 'optimal' but what is non-optimal? For all you know timeless is 7.5x as effective, so not much difference.

• +1
Vitamin C serum decreases elastin production apparently

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: AscendingHero, Spinc and Deleted member 7076
Yeah other formulas aren't 'optimal' but what is non-optimal? For all you know timeless is 7.5x as effective, so not much difference.
theres no way to tell apart from unreliable anecdotes

however there must be a pretty good reason for them to patent the pH and formula

logically, they wouldn't have patented it if the same formula worked as good outside of the pH range or ingredients

Vitamin C serum decreases elastin production apparently
Elastin production after childhood (at the latest) is almost entirely non-functional.

theres a reason why they patented the formula, it works

they also patented the pH (2.5-3.5), timeless is 2.4 and all other vitamin C products are out of this optimal range among other shit

also, all the anecdotes say that timeless doesnt do much to their skin from what i've read - see it for yourself
@Cope what was the ph level you said vitamin c needed to absorb into the skin

can i put lemons on my skin instead?

• JFL
I don't know anything about vitamin c for skin, but vinegar has similar ph I think (2.5-3.5) Is that good for skin?

So whats the best skincare ingredient this vitamin c and what else? I heard neem oil is good?

This is the 168th time I've seen beauty products claiming to be 'incredibly effective' because of their 'patented formula'.

Considering the ridiculous pricing, just seems like a jewish scam tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, AscendingHero, lasthope and 1 other person
This is the 168th time I've seen beauty products claiming to be 'incredibly effective' because of their 'patented formula'.

Considering the ridiculous pricing, just seems like a jewish scam tbh.
due to study results on topical vit c using this particular formula, i think any other vit c serum on the market is probably worse

Why not just get the topical vitamin c from 'The Ordinary' foids swear by this

• JFL
Why not just get the topical vitamin c from 'The Ordinary' foids swear by this
I get my vitamin c serum from Timeless. Makes my skin glow + with tretinoin, beta carotene asthaxanthin for a tanish glow. My skin is becoming model tier. It's like 20 bucks and lasts for like 3 months

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Preoximerianas and Spinc
Pics?
I get my vitamin c serum from Timeless. Makes my skin glow + with tretinoin, beta carotene asthaxanthin for a tanish glow. My skin is becoming model tier. It's like 20 bucks and lasts for like 3 months

Timeless is legit, it’s a dupe of the c e ferulic acid from skinceuticals

I can remember reading blogs where they swore by Paula's Choice C15 booster. It has Vit C and Ferulic acid combo as well.

What's the routine you do with tret?

Timeless is legit, it’s a dupe of the c e ferulic acid from skinceuticals
Do u know another thats a dupe? Timeless costs 50€ on my amazon

"A combination of 0.5% ferulic acid with 15% Vit. C and 1% Vit. E can increase the efficacy of Vit. C eight-fold."

THE VITAMIN C FORMULATION USED FOR THAT STUDY HAS BEEN PATENTED BY SKINCEUTICALS BECAUSE OF ITS SUPERIOR STABLITY AND EFFECTIVENESS IN VIVO:

View attachment 1259074

THIS PATENT IS A HUGE SELLING POINT AND MARKETING ADVANTAGE FOR THEM

THEY ARE THE ONLY COMPANY THAT CAN SELL THE MOST EFFECTIVE VITAMIN C FORMULATION AND HENCE A 30ML BOTTLE WILL SET YOU BACK UPWARDS OF $166

View attachment 1259078

PRETTY FUCKING EXPENSIVE, RIGHT?

MAKE THE PATENTED FORMULA AT HOME YOURSELF FOR ~$50 TO YIELD A NET ~150mL OF SERUM

THATS $0.33 per mL
COMPARED TO $5.53 per mL

AKA ~1/17th OF THE SELLING PRICE...

HERE ARE TWO GUIDES

I RECOMMEND YOU BUY THE INGREDIENTS SEPARATELY BUT YOU CAN BUY A KIT FOR A LITTLE MORE MONEY IF YOU'RE LAZY:
- $80 https://lotioncrafter.com/products/ce-with-ferulic-acid-kit
Bump

• +1
Reactions: Chintuck22