Traction Alopecia can cause irregular and receeding hair-lines.

n9wiff

n9wiff

😛
Tractiona

Traction alopecia is completely different from androgenic alopecia.

Androgenic alopecia is caused by male hormones ( mostly DHT ) to cause hair recession and baldness. Male pattern baldness. It is mostly genetics.
Traction alopecia is caused by mechanical strain on the hair follicles, causing damage to the hair.

You are at a higher risk of traction alopecia if you :

Keep long hair tied back
Keeping hair styles like the slickback constantly
Using hair bands or ties to pull back hair

Keep in mind that the recession caused by traction alopecia is mechanically based so it wont cause equal recession like typical norwooding. If you part your hair constantly or tie them a certain waiy, you CAN induce asymmetrical hairline or patterns.

This happens in women too, especially women that tie back hair ( most of them ) and women who wear the hijab.

My asymmetrical hairline was caused by when I used to part my hair a year ago. It has recovered a lot but the effects are still there and visible.

You can still treat traction alopecia by giving your hair a break. You also shouldn't be excessively styling them when you are at home or pulling and putting too much stress on them at any given moment.

Like I said, my traction alopecia has improved greatly but it has never fully recovered. I may start to use minoxidil soon and see if the hair recovered can stay even after minoxidil discontinuation.

You are at risk of speeding up this type of recession if you constantly do a slick back hairstyle

This man showed his recession on the middle of his scalp after sporting a middle part hairstyle. Some people are more susceptible to traction alopecia than others so you should be monitoring your hair if you care about it.

Treatments for this type of damage are your usual derma + minox routine.

Cubeeeeee
Thx
Cubeeeeee

Literally burning fat from your body

Possible way to induce increase in bone density and increase bone development, thus potentially aiding in height development and helping bones grow thicker during adolescence. Can also improve gym recovery.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: One Rep Max, Kofri727, greycel and 3 others
Let me know if the formatting is nice or should be changed, I am going to put out something else soon

• +1
Reactions: Kofri727, Deleted member 72978 and cavy

:unsure::unsure:

• +1
Reactions: aestheticsrespecter and n9wiff
Do you think headphones can contribute to this?
I wear headphones over my ears and hair daily for hours on end listening to music etc, for years

I’ve been noticing hair thinning, but it’s not really male pattern baldness

• +1
Reactions: n9wiff
I wear headphones over my ears and hair daily for hours on end listening to music etc, for years

Yes, it can happen at any area with constant tension.

I need hair transplant to fix mine, good news is its not progressive

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: greycel and Deleted member 72978

Yes, it can happen at any area with constant tension.

I need hair transplant to fix mine, good news is its not progressive
Exactly. The worst thing that most people do is when they bring the hair back and hold it in place using headphones :trepidation:

If you have thinning you should be able to fix it with minox along, I just invest in good speakers or use my headphones sparingly.

• +1
Reactions: greycel

yes , ditch the headphones immedialtly and only use earphones or speakers . They also deform ur skull (gamer dent)

• JFL
Reactions: greycel
not related to the post but mirin the eyebrows , did you do anything for them?

• +1
Reactions: n9wiff

Invest in a good IEM , they sound better than headphones . Ever since I switched to IEMs / earphones, It feels much lighter and I get less headaches while gaming for a long period of time

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: greycel and n9wiff
not related to the post but mirin the eyebrows , did you do anything for them?
nah those are natural

I naturally grow thick hair

• Woah
Reactions: Kofri727
Exactly. The worst thing that most people do is when they bring the hair back and hold it in place using headphones :trepidation:

If you have thinning you should be able to fix it with minox along, I just invest in good speakers or use my headphones sparingly.
ive tried minox, doesnt work my follicies are dead but I have enough density to fraud with long hair/

will be getting a minor hair transplant to get a shorter cut soon