Treatments for hormonal acne

V

Void_

Iron
How can I treat severe hormonal acne, should I use accutane at 16 years old? I have tried: Topicals, changing diet, antibiotics, skincare routine(s), no skincare, supplements, etc. All were ineffective or only short term solutions.

no, you should not use isotretinoin before your bone structure is mature.
isotretinoin is a oral retinoid and causes bone anormalities if you are child or teenager.
you have to wait until 18 year old.
in the meanwhile, have you already tried clindamicine to treat acne?
Also have you tried supplementing omega3? (having a bad omega3-omega6 ratio inflammates body including skin)
have you tried giving up seed oils and sugar?
have you tried exposing to sun 20 minutes a day to produce vitamin D?
have you tried lowering carbohydrate intake below 50mg a day?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29581, 5'7 zoomer and autistic_tendencies
Also have you tried supplementing omega3? (having a bad omega3-omega6 ratio inflammates body including skin)
Have tried all of these and also intermittent fasting, they either worked temporarily or with minimal effects. I am using topical tret + clindamycin for 6 months with no result, infact this actually increased my acne about 10x.
Should I take it if I am done growing, after getting an bone age assessment?

test makes your skin produce more oil. your androgen receptors are sens/high density, meaning ur genetically unlucky. There is no simple solution to this, try products that reduce skin oil, clean face more often etc. Ur gonna have to ride it out. I had shit hormonal acne and Accutane helped alot since it nukes sebaceous glands. There is some concern of it closing growth plates early, not common but if you wanna take the gamble to perma nuke acne away go ahead.

test makes your skin produce more oil. your androgen receptors are sens/high density, meaning ur genetically unlucky. There is no simple solution to this, try products that reduce skin oil, clean face more often etc. Ur gonna have to ride it out. I had shit hormonal acne and Accutane helped alot since it nukes sebaceous glands. There is some concern of it closing growth plates early, not common but if you wanna take the gamble to perma nuke acne away go ahead.
Acne has destroyed my social life, and any chances of having a gf. Its very severe and causes my face to be almost in constant pain. And yes, it is genetic predisposition, both my parents had severe acne and my brother is also developing it.

• +1
Reactions: serbiangandy
Acne has destroyed my social life, and any chances of having a gf. Its very severe and causes my face to be almost in constant pain. And yes, it is genetic predisposition, both my parents had severe acne and my brother is also developing it.
how tall are u rn? use this and wash 3x a day thoroughly. use a quality moisturizer, stratia liquid gold is a classic but very light, if too light use Vanicream on top of it. Use a niacinamide serum (i use The Ordinary), and just start skinmaxxing ASAP. If this dosen't work for months to a year, hop on accutane, its the only solution

how tall are u rn? use this and wash 3x a day thoroughly. use a quality moisturizer, stratia liquid gold is a classic but very light, if too light use Vanicream on top of it. Use a niacinamide serum (i use The Ordinary), and just start skinmaxxing ASAP. If this dosen't work for months to a year, hop on accutane, its the only solution
Im 5'9, but I think I have stopped growing. I've tried other benzyol peroxide washes and they haven't done much tbh, so I don't have much hope

Im 5'9, but I think I have stopped growing. I've tried other benzyol peroxide washes and they haven't done much tbh, so I don't have much hope
Beef liver, vitamin e, ketoconazole shampoo on the face for 5 minutes and skincare only if you do not have thick skin.
By the way, omega 3 is cope, vitamin e is better

isotretinoin is a oral retinoid and causes bone anormalities if you are child or teenager.
you have to wait until 18 year old.
Brother, omega 3 gave me more acne

Brother, omega 3 gave me more acne
it is ok to have different opinion but remember that all doctors worldwide agree on the fact that modern diets lack omega3 fatty acid so people need to supplement or eat high fat fish.
Also the best omega3 source is raw cod liver oil or canned sardines rather than omega3 pills

• +1
Reactions: Unsh
  • +1
none of this fixed my acne , cne is cope anyeay i like it cos it looks the same as my oneitis acne

unronically cod liver oil is rich in vitamin e
not enough to counteract the damage omega 3 does , now that even mainstream media is starting to recognize the downsides of pufas since theyre so blatant they try to pin all the blame on omega 6 but theyre bad for the same reasons

• +1
unronically cod liver oil is rich in vitamin e
I took the pills, never tried cod oil, maybe it's better.
brother I remember that a long time ago you were struggling with mild acne, try ketoconazole shampoo on your face, it's crazy

D3, pantothenic acid, niacin, zinc, retinol, alpha lipoic acid are all good for reducing the sebum production that leads to acne. If those fail (they won't), topical antiandrogens like RU or pyrilutamide.

Acne isn’t hormonal fix your diet

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 24712
whats ur body fat percentage

I’m in same spot as you brother; acne probably permanently destroyed my back and neck and I will likely never be able to go shirtless in public bc of it. Cysts constantly hurt and life is miserable. Hopped on accutane at 18 and it’s absolutely life changing. Side effects aren’t great but you need to stop acne asap at all costs to minimize scarring

whats ur body fat percentage
15%
I’m in same spot as you brother; acne probably permanently destroyed my back and neck and I will likely never be able to go shirtless in public bc of it. Cysts constantly hurt and life is miserable. Hopped on accutane at 18 and it’s absolutely life changing. Side effects aren’t great but you need to stop acne asap at all costs to minimize scarring
Yes, scarring looks retarded, I'll likely need multiple rounds of co2 laser

I took the pills, never tried cod oil, maybe it's better.
brother I remember that a long time ago you were struggling with mild acne, try ketoconazole shampoo on your face, it's crazy
ketoconazole shampoo does not treat acne vulgaris
ketoconazole shampoo cures malassezia folliculitis which is a different skin disease
if you suffer acne and try ketoconazole, nothing happens