Tret is causing some parts of my face to be red.

LifeIsACope

LifeIsACope

Iron
I have been using 0.05% (up from 0.025%) to remove white heads around my face but in one certain area (in the pic below) it is causing my face to be red and burnt, any tips fellas? Do i just chill on that one area and not apply it there?

rosacea probably

• Hmm...
Reactions: LifeIsACope
rosacea probably
I have been using 0.05% (up from 0.025%) to remove white heads around my face but in one certain area (in the pic below) it is causing my face to be red and burnt, any tips fellas? Do i just chill on that one area and not apply it there?

View attachment 1298256

i have rosacea and i've used accutane for 8 months 2 years ago. now i'm on tret and yes that makes my face red sometimes, by using a lot of moisturizer. it doesn't go red.

so use high quality moisturizer.

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998, LifeIsACope and Deleted member 14323
i have rosacea and i've used accutane for 8 months 2 years ago. now i'm on tret and yes that makes my face red sometimes, by using a lot of moisturizer. it doesn't go red.

so use high quality moisturizer.
Hmmmm, currently I am using this moisturizer do you think i need to get another one or should I just apply it more heavily in that one area?

moisturize , tret can burn ur skin

First time i use it i saw 0 effect so i literally used it 3night in row and i saw all my skin peeling and when i put cream it burned

Then i started using it 1/2 times a week, no more burning but still skin peeling

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5786 and Baldingman1998
are you using moisturizer? I use cerave

Chemical burn maybe like from too harsh AHA exfoliation?:trepidation:

View attachment 1298256
This is normal (I had a thread about this and even more severe issues some time ago).
Your skin just has to get used to it. As annoying as it is. Maybe use it less times per week. If you do it every day, maybe only do it every two days.
Or if you do it 3 times a week, try doing 1-2 times a week, etc.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13137
Don't use tretinoin too close to the eye area, the skin around there is very thin.

• +1
Reactions: sly shinkai and paranakee