Tretinoin for beard density results

Cristiano88

Cristiano88

Bronze
has anyone using tretinoin(and not using minoxidil) experienced beard density increase?

I found this study which seems pretty bad, sample size = 1 but still..there is hope.

has anyone using tretinoin(and not using minoxidil) experienced beard density increase?

I found this study which seems pretty bad, sample size = 1 but still..there is hope.
if you use tretinoin with minoxidil it doubles the effects of minoxidil apparently

I didn't notice any growth until oral minox.

• Ugh..
Reactions: Danish_Retard
I didn't notice any growth until oral minox.
Started Oral Minox 2 weeks ago - how long did it take you to see beard results and were they significant ?

• Ugh..
Reactions: Danish_Retard
Started Oral Minox 2 weeks ago - how long did it take you to see beard results and were they significant ?

First sign is minox shedding, and it happens rather fast, like 1 week.

First signs of regrowth - 4 months.

Not ashamed to be seen in public - 6 months.

Note I'm a low T norwood oldcel. If you have some beard already, you should grow sooner.

By the way, life is unfair as usual. Minox works better on folks who have hair anyway. For them it's just a looksmax, for us is fighting for life. We are the waste of this planet, cucked on every step.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Nautica, dakchuh and Deleted member 15791
First sign is minox shedding, and it happens rather fast, like 1 week.

First signs of regrowth - 4 months.

Not ashamed to be seen in public - 6 months.

Note I'm a low T norwood oldcel. If you have some beard already, you should grow sooner.

By the way, life is unfair as usual. Minox works better on folks who have hair anyway. For them it's just a looksmax, for us is fighting for life. We are the waste of this planet, cucked on every step.
How old is an oldcel my guy

I noticed increased beard density from tret

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and Cristiano88
Question for tretinoin: does tretinoin increase estrogen or decrease testosterone???

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6423
I've been on minoxidil for a year and a half, tretinoin for a year. It definitely helps with density but takes time

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725 and Cristiano88
Question for tretinoin: does tretinoin increase estrogen or decrease testosterone???
I found no evidence of this except for some studies in rats and in those studies retinoic acid seemed to be beneficial for testosterone.
But nothing substancial. Anyway, we are using topical cream here i guesss it's different from taking pills. The systemic absorbtion is not the same.

• +1
Reactions: Nautica, Tyronecell, quakociaptockh and 1 other person
I found no evidence of this except for some studies in rats and in those studies retinoic acid seemed to be beneficial for testosterone.
But nothing substancial. Anyway, we are using topical cream here i guesss it's different from taking pills. The systemic absorbtion is not the same.
Yeah, I was skeptical about that as well at first, but just wanted to check here, like you said its only a cream, it cannot get in our bodies xd

I've been on minoxidil for a year and a half, tretinoin for a year. It definitely helps with density but takes time
I was on minox for 2 years. Had terrible sides mainly:
-low heart rate and blood pressure, measured, i measured it frequently so it was not in my head. This made me feel very tired.
-facial bloat(which is kind of weird because many meds which lower blood pressure make this thru a diuretic mechanism but minoxidil does not).

Worst of all after 2 years it did not help me at all.
I used it for beard tho, maybe for scalp hair you can get results not just sides :)

-low heart rate and blood pressure, measured, i measured it frequently so it was not in my head. This made me feel very tired.
-facial bloat(which is kind of weird because many meds which lower blood pressure make this thru a diuretic mechanism but minoxidil does not).

I used it for beard tho, maybe for scalp hair you can get results not just sides :)
This was oral.minox?

Foam, applied 2 times per day.
Oral should be even stronger ofc
I'm doing foam once a day on scalp

Foam goes less systemic compared to liquid

Idk if my face is more.bloated.but dark circles are worse

Unfortunate. I was on the liquid and only got the low blood pressure sides for the first two weeks or so before they disappeared.