Tried the h202 gel teeth whitening method in BOTB (before and after pics)

RealNinja

RealNinja

Platinum
Tried the method posted by @pneumocystosis

Ordered 44% hydrogen peroxide gel and gingival barrier from laserglowspa dot com as well as a silicone cheek retractor and random 450nm UV light from china. Sunglasses for protecting eyes from the light

IMG 3138

Did not follow his procedure exactly- he says to leave the gel for 30 minutes, which is not necessary. Customer service reps at laserglowspa (they do these procedures irl) said that the gel denatures after 15 or so minutes, and you should wipe it off and reapply. This should be done 1-3 times back to back.

I applied the barrier and the gel onto dry teeth and gums, left it for 15 minutes, wiped off, reapplied and left for 15m, wiped off, reapplied and left for ~8 min. The last application was cut short because some of the gel got onto a spot on top of a bottom tooth with thinner enamel, and it started causing pain. The pain went away after I wiped it off and rinsed my mouth. I applied the barrier well and did not get any on my gums or skin thankfully.

Before:
IMG 3151

During:
IMG 3142

After:
IMG 3148

As you can see it worked a tiny bit. I am not really sure why my results were minimal compared to the guy who made the post. I don’t think I was sold bad gel, laserglowspa says the product is for “in office use only” and warns not to use it at home. It’s a possibility that my gel degraded a bit since there was a couple weeks between the gel arriving and my UV light arriving, although the gel was stored in the fridge unopened immediately after being delivered. Sensitivity is not too bad although it will probably get worse over the next few hours. I have been using sensodyne toothpaste for the past month, and let some sit on my teeth after the procedure which will hopefully help.

TLDR: pay up to Go to the fucking dentist and don’t do dental procedures written by autistic people on forums

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Tr0ubLe, New Technology, becomingnearperfect and 4 others
Impressive, you have good teeth

• +1
Reactions: Maalik
worked pretty well imo

worked pretty well imo
There doesn’t look like too much of a difference in the mirror. My teeth weren’t awfully yellow before, I guess I was just expecting a more noticeable result. From what I’m reading an in office whitening (without use of laser) takes 2 hours or so, so perhaps the original guy was right about leaving the gel on for longer?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8365 and Mr. President
There doesn’t look like too much of a difference in the mirror. My teeth weren’t awfully yellow before, I guess I was just expecting a more noticeable result. From what I’m reading an in office whitening (without use of laser) takes 2 hours or so, so perhaps the original guy was right about leaving the gel on for longer?
it has to stay on there longer for it to fully penetrate the enamel iirc @pneumocystosis

• +1
Reactions: RealNinja
it has to stay on there longer for it to fully penetrate the enamel iirc @pneumocystosis
That makes sense. Honestly glad I didn’t leave it on there longer because the tooth zaps are pretty painful rn and I’m a pussy when it comes to dental pain.

For anyone else who wants to do this, make sure you use Sensodyne in the weeks leading up. After the procedure take some ibuprofen/Tylenol and smear sensodyne on your teeth and let it sit there for 20 minutes without rinsing.

• So Sad
Reactions: Mr. President
Trash thread. Great teeth before, ghostly after still incel

sad, it was the only guide in this forum i actually wanted to try. I always had white white teeth but last years i didnt brushed much cause of depression and now they are yellow. Im afraid its permanent.

its common sense to not try any of his guides, it's larp

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover