Ultimate Mewing Guide. Mewing works if you know how to execute it properly.

Mewing guide

Detailed mewing guide based on the infos I gathered in these months of studying mewing:

Mewing is proper tongue posture to develop the face forward and upward. As you might know, the tongue is a muscle and can produce enough force to expand the palate and bring the bones of the face (Maxilla and mandible, and zygos. Basically what Dr. Mike Mew calls the Outer U and the Inner U) forward and upward. One of the most powerful effect of mewing is it forces you to breath from the nose, which is optimal for health and looks.
Most people are recessed simply because since childood nobody taught them proper oral posture and bodily posture (school doesn’t promote good posture since all kids are forced to sit on bad chairs and study on books, with forward neck posture, half of the day, so people grow up without knowing proper posture) so they grew up breathing from the mouth, so their faces basically “melted”.

Mewing will give you: simmetric face, a defined jawline, zygos if you have them to begin with, more hooded hunter eyes, neutral eye cantal tilt if you have negative cantal tilt, straighter nose from the side and thinner from the front, probably hollow cheeks, and more pronunced brow ridge.

Mewing does not create new bones, mewing brings the existing bones forward.

Mewing

View attachment IMG_3837.WEBP

There are three “levels” of mewing:
  • Soft mewing, which is basically only keeping the tongue on the palate without any pressure (upward)
  • Medium mewing, is when you apply a medium pressure on the roof of the mouth (upward)
  • Hard mewing, is where you apply maximum force on the palate (upward)
Hard mewing is advanced, and not raccomended for beginners. But is very effective for people over 17-18 to achieve good results. Imo hard mewing is what will give you best results in terms of looks, but to do that you should have a mewing experience of at least 2-4 months where you experiment with soft mewing and medium mewing all day.

MEWING TECNHIQUE:
The tongue should be pressed up entirely on the palate which means not only your tip should be up but also the back third. Most people simply dont do it right.
The lips should be closed, not pressed, Teeth in contact lightly but not clench. And when you swallow you should only engage the hyoid muscle, not face muscle. Basically you should swallow with tongue on the roof of the mouth.
A good way to practice good oral posture is saying the word: "sing" slowly. It will teach you to engage the back third of the tongue up. Keep the position all day long.
One of the most important thing when mewing is having the hyoid up, you will probably have troble breathing through the nose but that will get better over time.

PROPER TONGUE POSTURE

John Mew is the pioneer of mewing with his son Dr. Mike Mew.
A difference must be made between posture and function, as Mike Mew said, function is something you go and do, like going in the gym and you do an exercise, (basically is temporary, its limited) posture is YOU, its how you are, its something you do costantly all day long. That is difficult to change, that takes time, that takes dedication. Function and Posture are interlinked.
But, posture is more important and will change you over time, so in the beginning dont focus on pressing hard on the palate, focus more on soft/medium mewing 24/7. Hard mewing is a technique you can develop over time and master with practice.

Posture and Chin Tucks: one of the most important thing people neglect when starting mewing is correct neck, shoulder and back posture, and chin tucks which is a particular technique which you push your chin as far back as possible to be able to put the entire tongue especially back third easily on the roof of the mouth. You should basically double chin, bringing the jaw backwards and the neck upwards. When doing chin tucks is important to have the neck as straight as you can. At first is good to practice chin tucks agains the wall and straighten the neck in order to engage the back third fully. When you do this particular technique you can easily and safely hard mewing. As you can see in this picture below, the girl when chin tucking brought her ear in line with her eyebrow and that is a really good sign that she is doing the technique correctly. The ear should not be down the eyebrow, but up or in line. Because that is the only way to put recessed people to engage properly the back third. Forward grown people have all the ear in line with eyebrow
You can do 3 sets of 20-30 reps multiple times day, till you can maintain the position easily without having breathing problems. Its important to not overdo it and not extreme chin tuck, because you can choke and die xD
If you are averagely recessed it will take you 2 months to open up the airway and be able to hard mew when chin tucked properly. This way you will forward grow correctly.

ChinTuck web 895x550

IMG 3851

IMG 3852

all models and supermodels have ear in line with eyebrow, even in the front.

Chewing is important but too many people put too much enphasis on it and less on mewing and chin tucks, thats why they dont get results.
Chewing will develop the OUTER U, while mewing outer and inner U.
Chewing is important of course and you should do it, I raccomend eating though foods at least 2 times a day (salads and raw vegetables and seeds) and/or chew hard gum 30min every other day.

Ultimately, mewing is a lifestyle, it should not be an "exercise" you do, it SHOULD BE YOU. Dont expect to see results in one month, or in 3 months. Mewing takes at least 1 year to see tangible changes, of course the more you do it the more you will get results. After 6 months you will start seeing some results. Dont bring yourself down in the beginning and be patient, if you do it right you will get results. Start Mewing now!
If you have any question post them below!

Attachments

• Mewing.gif
    Mewing.gif
    274.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ChinTuck_web_895x550.png
    ChinTuck_web_895x550.png
    528.1 KB · Views: 0
  • PROPER-TONGUE-POSTURE.png
    PROPER-TONGUE-POSTURE.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3851.JPG
    IMG_3851.JPG
    356 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3852.jpg
    IMG_3852.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: nayb, Deleted member 22285, Prince88 and 13 others
Open the pictures to see them clearly.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
not possible with underbite. brutal

• +1
Reactions: Jarate
while you write an essay about muh tongue posture, someone is mouthbreathing while fucking your oneitis.

• +1
Reactions: someone.something_, squirrelcel, mizrahi_hater and 3 others
greycels and their mewing

• +1
Reactions: reputation
Yeah I'm getting good results, I'm glad these forum rotters were not able to convince me that mewing is cope because of my high IQ critical skills.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: someone.something_, thesedamnjuuuman, 𝔻𝔸𝕎ℕ 𝕆𝔽 𝕂ℍ𝔸L and 11 others
Yeah I'm getting good results, I'm glad these forum rotters were not able to convince me that mewing is cope because of my high IQ critical skills.
Gj bro! keep doing it!

@Alexanderr an upcoming paid user I see.. I expect to see OP in one month with a glowing name and regular threads coming out

• JFL
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
I have been mewing for 8 months now at 21, There is some improvement But nowhere near what I require. Note that's with only mewing. No chewing, very little hard mewing and little thumbpulling. Second note: When I started thumbulling I saw changes in my cheekbones within 1 week.

The issue for me is that I have a severe tongue tie, but my orthodontist says fixing the tongue tie with my 3mm airway would be "bad". Does anyone know how bad it would be? will I die in my sleep?:feelswah:

• Woah
Reactions: germanlooks
Will I be stimulating a asymettrical facial growth if my tongue force is not the same in both sides of the palate? I feel like the left side of my toungue is more strong than the right side

Will I be stimulating a asymettrical facial growth if my tongue force is not the same in both sides of the palate? I feel like the left side of my toungue is more strong than the right side
bone smashing should fix that just do an extra set on the weaker sider

Yes

You should use the right side more to make it stronger as the left side and correct any eventual asymmetry.
Also make sure to stretch the neck to prevent any kind of asymmetries.

Last edited:
Yes

You should use the right side more to make it stronger as the left side and correct any eventual asymmetry.
Also make sure to stretch the neck to prevent any kind of asymmetries.
Well I'm not sure if they asymettrical at all, I just have a feeling that I'm pushing asymettrically

Whats with thumbpulling son?

well my cheekbone on the right side of my face seemed to have more 3d protrusion when I look at it from like a 40% angle.
You should do hard mewing to get good results

Chin tuck and push hard asf

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
I've been on and off mewing for 3 or 4 years now, and it has become slightly easier to maintain a full tongue suck in that time which makes me think it has caused some changes to my face. What I like to do when sitting in an office chair is to sit back, put the back of my head on the top of the back of the chair and chin tuck so I feel a nice stretch in my lumbar spine, and hard mew at the same time.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20229
What i discover:
# Is Impossible to mew corectly and efective without proper neck and overall good posture.
# Without good oral posture is hard if not Impossible to have good body posture in the first place.
Solution: attack this two issues in the same time. Do streching/exercises for posture, working out is a good idea also and also practice good oral posture and habbits in the same time. So is are a lazy fucker roting in your bed all day, You'll not notice much changes, never. But I don't judge because isn't easy and energy consuming thing to do, specially if You have to wage slave to make a living.

One of the most important thing when mewing is having the hyoid up, you will probably have troble breathing through the nose but that will get better over time.
This is the biggest problem I have, when I mew my hyoids tense up and Idk it gives my jaw rounded look. Idk if its temporary thing until my facial muscles develop properly, but at the same time I do not at all want to have recessed, overbite shitty jaw