Ultimate resource for self-learning computer science

benchortable

benchortable

Banned

Note that this is for COMPUTER SCIENCE. If you want to learn a programming language for something like app development, download a book from libgen and watch youtube while working on projects.
For web development the Odin Project is pretty good I've gone through it and could recommend it. It's a little slow as if it's made for boomers.

This has basically everything a 4 year bachelors track would have at a university.
The curriculum would take you around 2-3 years if you spend 4-8 hours daily on it. A lot faster than university as you don't have to waste time on gen-eds and other retarded junk.
CS is a field where if you can prove you have the skill then credentials aren't too important.

This is extremely time consuming and has a ton of information that you do not need for a regular developer job. Pick and choose which parts you want to do based on where you want to go with CS.

• +1
Reactions: Gosick and sytyl
Just join air force, do cyber security, learn all that shit from the free training they give you, get free college to get a bachelor's, leave after 4 years as a "veteran" with experience, and make bank.

• +1
Reactions: gotoa10humanbeing
Just join air force, do cyber security, learn all that shit from the free training they give you, get free college to get a bachelor's, leave after 4 years as a "veteran" with experience, and make bank.
just sign up to die for Israel bro,
Air force is a pretty good career path if you're patriotic tho

Inel trait: growing up wanting to enlist into the military

Just go to Raqqa bro

You would literally just be sitting at a desk doing computer work and getting training that costs thousands of dollars, also whilst getting free rent, free food, free clothing, free health insurance, and a paycheck every month, as well as on paper experience from a government job.

Self learning cs is possible but you need a lot of diligence, motivation and interest in the subject matter. That link has good resources but should not be followed in a linear pattern.

Not to mention, at least 70% of the stuff in that link are things you will never, ever, EVER use in a software dev job.

The whole point of an undergrad in cs is to give you the critical thinking/problem solving skills as well as giving you solid fundamentals which you can build upon. I see people coming out of things like bootcamps and they don't fucking know shit. People who are self taught a lot of the time don't even understand basic shit like pointers which is why I always see people saying it's complicated shit on places like /g/ when it's really not.

This isn't to say you cannot self teach, the smartest guy I know at work is a slav who programs as a hobby and has no degree and yet, because of what he knows, he gets paid an insane amount - but keep in mind people like him are an exception.

I can say shit like calc 2 and 3 and linear algebra are never used at work - but just completing these courses and doing well on them challenged my mind and increased my problem solving skills tbh ngl, not to mention courses revolving around the design of algorithms and the study of P/NP problems, that stuff is hard but it increases your knowledge pool and gives you different points of view

imo learning java/python is a good start, then looking into html/css, then data structures, then a deeper dive into java/python, then algorithms, then sql (we have fucking sql experts where I work because nobody learns it properly or as in depth), then learn entire frameworks like spring, react/angular etc to put all that knowledge together.

After that you need to grind leetcode because that's what most mid size companies use in interviews.

I'd say 95% of what I know I learned on the job rather than in school, the 5% is legit just basics revolving around language syntax and math.

Note that my post only applies for basic full stack development jobs, to get into more detailed stuff like AI/machine learning/cryptography/optimization research etc. you need to be a giga-autist with high iq and will likely need to do intensive masters courses

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: dachad

Note that this is for COMPUTER SCIENCE. If you want to learn a programming language for something like app development, download a book from libgen and watch youtube while working on projects.
For web development the Odin Project is pretty good I've gone through it and could recommend it. It's a little slow as if it's made for boomers.

This has basically everything a 4 year bachelors track would have at a university.
The curriculum would take you around 2-3 years if you spend 4-8 hours daily on it. A lot faster than university as you don't have to waste time on gen-eds and other retarded junk.
CS is a field where if you can prove you have the skill then credentials aren't too important.

This is extremely time consuming and has a ton of information that you do not need for a regular developer job. Pick and choose which parts you want to do based on where you want to go with CS.

8 hours per day to finish in 2 years?

holy fuck, thats brutal.