Ultimate Skincare Guide

C

crazyfishy

Iron
Just doing this because I'm desperate for rep to view the Best threads. guide. I've been researching skincare for years now and will be posting an ultimate guide for something simple and effective. This works for pretty much anyone, from acne teen to aging 40 year old.

Morning routine:

1) Water-Based Cleanser

I recommend either the Cerave Renewing SA cleanser or Foaming. Facial Cleanser. This is optional for the morning, see how your skin likes it. You can just wash your face with water in the morning.

2) Treatment
This is an optional step and you have a few options here.
I currently use minoxidil on my eyebrows beard and hairline but you can use either niacinamide, vitamin c or hydroquinone. All three are good for hyperpigmentation but you can experiment here to see which ingredient you like the best and what work for your skin. Niacinimide is especially good for oily skin/pores/acne and hydroquinone is really good for any discoloration. Vitamin C is just a good overall ingredient and antioxidant good for brightening.

Niacinimide- The Ordinary 10% Niacinimide
Vitamin C- Skinceutical CE ferulic(grail skincare product) or Rohto Melano CC (budget option)
Hydroquinone- Murad rapid age spot/ Differin dark spot corrector (both are good) Make sure to only use for three months at a time !!!

3) sunscreen (most important)
Sunscreen is necessary for everyone to prevent sun spots, aging, wrinkles! especially if you are using tretinoin or any other active ingredients. apply every few hours if you are outside.

EltaMD UV clear or Purito Centella Sunscreen.

Night Routine:

1) Oil Cleanser.
Optional but highly recommended as its good for cleaning out pores. If you do this you need to double cleanse with water cleanser right after.
Use Rohto Hado Labo Oil Cleanser and really massage it into the nose area. If you have really bad pores you can put a salicylic acid treatment on right before this step (Cosrx Bha or Paula's choice 2% Salicylic acid) to loosen up the sebum in your pores before cleansing.

2) Water cleanser
You definitely should cleanse for your night routine, the same recs as morning routine.

3) Moisturizer/ Tretinoin

These steps are interchangeable, depending upon how your skin reacts. It is ok to apply tretinoin over moisturizer as long as it doesn't include any occlusives like Petrolatum. If you are just starting tret or have dry skin I recommend applying moisturizer first. Make sure to wait 10 minutes or so between these steps to avoid irritation. Tret applied on wet skin can cause really bad irritation. Dont apply tret to eye area or upper lip. I recommend starting out with .025 strength and bumping up to .05 after a few months. theres no evidence that a higher strength than .05 will have any extra benefit and will just cause more irritation.

Moisturizers:
Embryolisse Lait Creme
Trader Joes ultra-hydrating gel
Trader. joes oil-free antioxidant moisturizer
Dr Jart ceramidin (this has occlusive in it so best to apply after tret on really dry or irritated skin)

Lifestyle changes:
Avoid the sun and alcohol. if you really need to add color to your face you can use isle of paradise self-tanning drops mixed into a moisturizer applied before your sunscreen in the morning. avoid dermarolling and acids if you are on tretinoin. Avoid getting eyebrows waxed if, on tretinoin, you can pluck or get them threaded.

if anyone has any questions about anything or want to ask about certain products feel free to ask

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Qzuan, BenjiJamin, je3oe and 10 others
Forgot to add if you have bad acne you should use clindamycin in your morning routine treatment step!

• +1
Reactions: PYT
How is it over complicated?
didnt read the whole thing but theres no need for physical exfoliants or masks they do more harm than good.

didnt read the whole thing but theres no need for physical exfoliants or masks they do more harm than good.
I disagree, physical exfoliation once a week is completely fine and gives your skin a noticeable visual boost, if it was 5 times a week it would be a different story. It’s the same things with masks, if you use them in moderation (1-2 times weekly) then they’re great for pore/sebum control and giving your skin a smoother and more hydrated texture over time and on application.

I disagree, physical exfoliation once a week is completely fine and gives your skin a noticeable visual boost, if it was 5 times a week it would be a different story. It’s the same things with masks, if you use them in moderation (1-2 times weekly) then they’re great for pore/sebum control and giving your skin a smoother and more hydrated texture over time and on application.
physical exfoliation does more harm than good, chemical exfoliants are the way to go. masks are just cosmetic marketing to make someone bring the spa experience home, money would be better invested in to a serum. also most masks are loaded with fragrances and many other ingredients that hurt skin.

physical exfoliation does more harm than good, chemical exfoliants are the way to go. masks are just cosmetic marketing to make someone bring the spa experience home, money would be better invested in to a serum. also most masks are loaded with fragrances and many other ingredients that hurt skin.
Physically exfoliating once a week does not do more harm than good. I agree that chemical exfoliants are better to be used as the main way of exfoliation but supplementing physical exfoliation only once a week minimises the harm completely and gives your skin better texture on application and over the long term as it increases skin turnover rate.

Specific masks have real benefits for your skin issues wether it’s acne, hyperpigmentation or pore/sebum control. Higher quality masks (Korean skincare) don’t have irritative ingredients like parabens and alchohol and so when I mention using these methods it’s provided you’re not using some cheap drugstore product.

It’s all about whether you want to invest in yourself, right now purchasing products like AI masks/sheet masks, toners and physical exfoliaters seems expensive and extra but its worth it in the long run when everyone’s mirin your skin.

Physically exfoliating once a week does not do more harm than good. I agree that chemical exfoliants are better to be used as the main way of exfoliation but supplementing physical exfoliation only once a week minimises the harm completely and gives your skin better texture on application and over the long term as it increases skin turnover rate.

Specific masks have real benefits for your skin issues wether it’s acne, hyperpigmentation or pore/sebum control. Higher quality masks (Korean skincare) don’t have irritative ingredients like parabens and alchohol and so when I mention using these methods it’s provided you’re not using some cheap drugstore product.

It’s all about whether you want to invest in yourself, right now purchasing products like AI masks/sheet masks, toners and physical exfoliaters seems expensive and extra but its worth it in the long run when everyone’s mirin your skin.
either way you shouldn’t be physically exfoliating while on tret which mogs any other skin product. masks are dumb.

either way you shouldn’t be physically exfoliating while on tret which mogs any other skin product. masks are dumb.
I’ve been using benzoyl peroxide + clyndamycin long term so physical exfoliation is a great aide for it. Scaling up to tretinoin is easier, reduces sides when you do actually get there. If you’re just starting tret I wouldn’t physically exfoliate but after long term use it’s fine also jfl at “masks are dumb” it seems like you haven’t used them or you used a cheap product. Try a mask from cosrx/dear klairs and then try say masks are dumb.

I’ve been using benzoyl peroxide + clyndamycin long term so physical exfoliation is a great aide for it. Scaling up to tretinoin is easier, reduces sides when you do actually get there. If you’re just starting tret I wouldn’t physically exfoliate but after long term use it’s fine also jfl at “masks are dumb” it seems like you haven’t used them or you used a cheap product. Try a mask from cosrx/dear klairs and then try say masks are dumb.
its literally just a moisturiser/serum marketed in a different way. what mask do you use so i can see the ingredients?

its a “sleeping mask” which is just a rebranded moisturizer.
It’s not a moisturiser in the traditional cream sense and is more of a mask especially with its texture. But tell me this, with the ingredients in that mask (vitamin e, niacinamide and sodium hyaluronate to name a few) is it an added benefit to use alongside a night moisturiser?

its nothing so
It’s not a moisturiser in the traditional cream sense and is more of a mask especially with its texture. But tell me this, with the ingredients in that mask (vitamin e, niacinamide and sodium hyaluronate to name a few) is it an added benefit to use alongside a night moisturiser?
its nothing special really. if you are going to use it, i would use it instead of a moisturizer because it looks really thick. the lavender and fragrance oils are not ideal and linalool an limonene should be avoided if you are acne prone.

Meanwhile chad hasn't ever even thought about doing all this gay shit and his skin is 100% youthful and pristine

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7313 and harrys
How is it nothing special if it has vitamin e, niacinamide and sodium hyaluronate which is a derivative of the more well known hyaluronic acid. Also you stated in your guide the following, “Niacinimide is especially good for oily skin/pores/acne”. Your words not mine.

The oils are a non issue as they’re not irritating to the skin and the ingredients you mention only induce minor acne in those with very sensitive skin if it’s highly dosed which it isn’t. Just admit it man masks aren’t dumb.

How is it nothing special if it has vitamin e, niacinamide and sodium hyaluronate which is a derivative of the more well known hyaluronic acid. Also you stated in your guide the following, “Niacinimide is especially good for oily skin/pores/acne”. Your words not mine.

The oils are a non issue as they’re not irritating to the skin and the ingredients you mention only induce minor acne in those with very sensitive skin if it’s highly dosed which it isn’t. Just admit it man masks aren’t dumb.

the niacinimide in that product is very small %. better off using the ordinary

has tret means it is a good guide

gj op

Looks like there are different versions of Rohto Hado Labo Oil Cleanser. Could you share a pic of the one you use?