ultra low dose accutane: should you perma-dose?

M

moggr2009

high iq
@mnbvcxz

Section 1: What is Accutane?
Accutane, otherwise known as Isotretinoin, is a Vitamin A derivative.
Accutane is used to treat mild to severe skin acne, and it is a widely studied drug, with countless articles and studies.

Accutane and other oral retinoids have also been used in pediatrics to avoid cancer returning for children with high-risk neuroblastoma.

How does accutane work?
"The main ingredient of Accutane — isotretinoin — works by increasing cell turnover and the shedding of dead skin cells, resulting in less build-up and pore-clogging. It also reduces oil gland size and production by up to 90%" - https://www.centerforsurgicaldermatology.com/

Accutane works by turning over cells, which can help increase collagen. It also reduces oil glands, which is why it can shrink noses in some people.

As we can see, if there is no oil produced, there is no bacteria or inflammation.
It completely stops Acne in its tracks.

Section 2: Pros & Cons
Accutane has been around for a while, and there are many transformations.

Here are a few.

View attachment 2857479

As you can see, Accutane works notoriously well for reducing acne.
It can also help some steroid users reduce back acne.

Pros & Cons

Pros:
Reduces acne
Shrinks oil glands
Works very well with little work (just swallow the pill)
Easy to obtain, just show a derm your face jfl

Cons:
At high dosages can cause premature eiphyseal plate closure, reducing final adult height by massive amounts.
Study: pubmed, "Isotretinoin-induced premature epiphyseal closure and growth plate deformities seem to be linked to higher doses of isotretinoin for the duration of months to years."
Can cause purging and worsen acne in some patients for a short period of time
"
Temporary thinning of hair
Red, cracked, and sore lips.
Dry skin, eyes, mouth, or nose.
Nosebleeds due to dry nasal passages.
Peeling skin, especially on the palms and soles.
Joint and muscle pain.
"

Well, when you look at these pros & cons, you can see that the cons outweigh the pros, so the logical solution would be not to take it..
Right?
Wrong.

Section 3: Ultra-low Dosage Accutane treatment

Accutane has varying dosages for varying severities.
This dosage is meant to solve hair thinning, mild acne, possibly shrink nose.
The dosage is 5mg.

The problem with accutane is that no matter the dosage, the timeline is always the same because even if you instantly shrink your oil glands, it still takes time for the acne to go away, and it takes time for the bacteria to die.
So, taking a lower dosage would be better for mild acne, reducing sides, and overall improving your looks.

There have been studies on 5mgs of accutane.

Anecdotes by reddits analysis of the study:

- all patients were pretty much acne-free by 32 weeks.

- Improvement in active acne legion count was noted at the 4 week mark and continued to improve, putting it on par with the results seen in more conventional higher dosing

- no side effects reported except for dry lips (one patient out of 60 withdrew because of mental health that could not be linked to isotretinoin, one patient withdrew because of elevated liver enzymes which he had a previous medical history for). 58 completed the study.

- In the first 16 weeks, 62% of patients reported dry lips. In the next 16 weeks that followed only 8% reported dry lips despite continuing treatment.

- only one patient out of the 58 experienced a worsening in acne or "purge"

- Almost all patients requested to stay on the dose, or if they can go back on it should their acne return, indicating an increased quality of life and happiness whilst on the drug.

It has also been reported that celebrities use it.

So, whats stopping you from using low-dose accutane?

gonna try this when I get perscribed accutane for my acne. might just buy it from russian pharamacies jfl

*edit
lowdose accutane might be effective at reducing hair loss.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: silencio, beypazarisoda0, mnbvcxz and 1 other person
The hair thinning is the dealbreaker for me. it just swaps one massive failo[acne] with another equally brutal one. [hairloss]
is there a dosage low enough that won't cause hairloss

• +1
Reactions: mnbvcxz
Actually i am accutane maxxed almost 300mg/mg cumulative dosage, would i benefit or It killed all my glands?

The hair thinning is the dealbreaker for me. it just swaps one massive failo[acne] with another equally brutal one. [hairloss]
yea, and my family is already prone af to it, like really prone:feelswhy:

yep 5mg probably isnt enough to cause hairloss
either way accutane only causes temp hairloss, so it is minimized even further with 5mg
but same, im 15 and scared of balding
we need a guinea pig to test it out
tbh I might try to get it perscribed.

• +1
Reactions: silencio and beypazarisoda0
Actually i am accutane maxxed almost 300mg/mg cumulative dosage, would i benefit or It killed all my glands?
try 5mg after u completely stop using a higher dosage of accutane see how it goes

try 5mg after u completely stop using a higher dosage of accutane see how it goes
Yep i amma try It after i get some peeling stuff and lasers, i feel my scalp still has good potential for acne

I self-dosed 10-20mg/d accutane for 6 months. It was worth it, but imo it's not a drug you can take long term. The dryness side effects are really bad, even on such low doses.

First thing you should try before hopping on accutane is DUT. Because if it's hormonal acne it's definitely due to high DHT and not diet/allergies. DUT unlike FIN almost completely nukes serum DHT since it also inhibits 5AR type 1, which is mainly expressed in the skin.

• +1
Reactions: Maalik
I self-dosed 10-20mg/d accutane for 6 months. It was worth it, but imo it's not a drug you can take long term. The dryness side effects are really bad, even on such low doses.
i see.
Maybe its better for maybe the first year after stopping accutane or to halt mild acne?
I feel like dryness is really reduced with 5mg, as some of the reddit posts I saw said, but obviously there is no miracle drug.

@mnbvcxz

Accutane is used to treat mild to severe skin acne, and it is a widely studied drug, with countless articles and studies.

Accutane and other oral retinoids have also been used in pediatrics to avoid cancer returning for children with high-risk neuroblastoma.

How does accutane work?
"The main ingredient of Accutane — isotretinoin — works by increasing cell turnover and the shedding of dead skin cells, resulting in less build-up and pore-clogging. It also reduces oil gland size and production by up to 90%" - https://www.centerforsurgicaldermatology.com/

Accutane works by turning over cells, which can help increase collagen. It also reduces oil glands, which is why it can shrink noses in some people.

View attachment 2857471

As we can see, if there is no oil produced, there is no bacteria or inflammation.

Here are a few.
View attachment 2857473View attachment 2857474

View attachment 2857475View attachment 2857479

Pros & Cons

Pros:
Reduces acne
Shrinks oil glands

Cons:
At high dosages can cause premature eiphyseal plate closure, reducing final adult height by massive amounts.
Study: pubmed, "Isotretinoin-induced premature epiphyseal closure and growth plate deformities seem to be linked to higher doses of isotretinoin for the duration of months to years."
"
Joint and muscle pain.
"

Well, when you look at these pros & cons, you can see that the cons outweigh the pros, so the logical solution would be not to take it..
Right?
Wrong.

The dosage is 5mg.

The problem with accutane is that no matter the dosage, the timeline is always the same because even if you instantly shrink your oil glands, it still takes time for the acne to go away, and it takes time for the bacteria to die.
So, taking a lower dosage would be better for mild acne, reducing sides, and overall improving your looks.

- Improvement in active acne legion count was noted at the 4 week mark and continued to improve, putting it on par with the results seen in more conventional higher dosing

- no side effects reported except for dry lips (one patient out of 60 withdrew because of mental health that could not be linked to isotretinoin, one patient withdrew because of elevated liver enzymes which he had a previous medical history for). 58 completed the study.

- In the first 16 weeks, 62% of patients reported dry lips. In the next 16 weeks that followed only 8% reported dry lips despite continuing treatment.

- Almost all patients requested to stay on the dose, or if they can go back on it should their acne return, indicating an increased quality of life and happiness whilst on the drug.

gonna try this when I get perscribed accutane for my acne. might just buy it from russian pharamacies jfl

*edit
Didnt read everything accutane is extremely well researched on this forum, plate closure as u had only happens at prolonged and high doses those doses being ~100 so anyone will be fine, accutane causing hairloss only happens if u have mpb also the fact u didnt mention accutane is a dht supressor is insane 90% of people taking accutane are young pls dont write about something u dont fully know about as people might 100% trust u, dht is what causes jaw growth penis grow etc. supressing dht is terrible at a young age

Only happens if u have mpb so ask ur parent

• Woah
Reactions: silencio
Only happens if u have mpb so ask ur parent
no the mechanism of DHT induced hairloss and retinoic acid induced hairloss is completely different.

no the mechanism of DHT induced hairloss and retinoic acid induced hairloss is completely different.
Yeh ik i was referencing that one thread where the guy was saying everything was caused by mpb guess that reference is dead now 😔

• +1
Reactions: Maalik
@mnbvcxz

How does accutane work?

View attachment 2857471

Here are a few.

Pros & Cons

Pros:
Reduces acne
Shrinks oil glands

Cons:
"
Joint and muscle pain.
"

Right?
Wrong.

The dosage is 5mg.

*edit
Not easy to obtain you need to cycle multiple creams and then they might consider it lol

First thing you should try before hopping on accutane is DUT. Because if it's hormonal acne it's definitely due to high DHT and not diet/allergies. DUT unlike FIN almost completely nukes serum DHT since it also inhibits 5AR type 1, which is mainly expressed in the skin.
How bad was ur acne?

Not easy to obtain you need to cycle multiple creams and then they might consider it lol
I just asked for it and they gave it me and i live in cali jew state

is topical dut for this possible??

I just asked for it and they gave it me and i live in cali jew state
Wtf did they do any bloodtests or anything? Also how bad is ur acne

These tests are just for jews making money, literally after 50 years of usage nobody was left with permanent liver damage, If its gonna kill u its because u couldnt handle and roped

• +1
Reactions: agent0514 and KevinDurder
Yeh i get bloodwork every month, not bad tbh mild acne but accutane is not that bad

These tests are just for jews making money, literally after 50 years of usage nobody was left with permanent liver damage, If its gonna kill u its because u couldnt handle and roped
I have access to it but its retarded to take it without supervision so ill get it prescribed

I have access to it but its retarded to take it without supervision so ill get it prescribed
Its Fine Just telling some low iqs here cause the real risk is bitch getting pregnant and gets deformed kid tbh

Been taking accutane 20mg for 5months now, I have to see my dermathologist in 2 weeks so I hopefully will get off it, although I have acne scars still. Side effects like dryness are reversible right?

the fact u didnt mention accutane is a dht supressor is insane 90% of people taking accutane are young
ill edit the post to include that that was my fault, but at such a low dose the reduction is neglibible isnt it?
ill look for some studies on it.
Side effects like dryness are reversible right?
99% of the time yep
no my brother asked for it after saying hes been struggling for 2 years and they just gave it to him lmao
it might have been his physician
I have acne scars still
i dont think accutane is actually effective at treating acne scars so u might be reccomended vit c or something

• +1
Reactions: NationalWarrior
nvm, it wont let me edit it for some reason.

DHT EFFECTS

"This study confirms that the effects of isotretinoin on the serum hormone levels are small and unlikely to be of relevance for the resolution of acne or the suppression of sebum excretion"

0.5mg/kg **

if ur peen small dont use just incase

ill edit the post to include that that was my fault, but at such a low dose the reduction is neglibible isnt it?
ill look for some studies on it.

99% of the time yep

no my brother asked for it after saying hes been struggling for 2 years and they just gave it to him lmao
it might have been his physician

i dont think accutane is actually effective at treating acne scars so u might be reccomended vit c or something
Tbh accutane prolly affects dht by 10% but i had vista tell me its 70% or maybe i missread not sure, vistas prolly the smartest user on here 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I was thinking the same, the question is will I be able to get prescription for it since I only occasionally get acne

If they refuse to prescribe me, I will try to pay them some money

@mnbvcxz

How does accutane work?

View attachment 2857471

Here are a few.

Pros & Cons

Pros:
Reduces acne
Shrinks oil glands

Cons:
"
Joint and muscle pain.
"

Right?
Wrong.

The dosage is 5mg.

*edit
Currently 1 and a half months on 20mg Low dose accutane, and just a tip, use the right products for your skin, as using some moisturisers or sunscreens burn and dry the hell out of your skin, did this and have back to no side effects, doesn't even feel like i'm on it, i'd recommended for those with with mild to bad acne also with acne scars preventing new ones forming. If you don't want to take accutane and your struggling with acne as a guy, buy yourself a concealer, nobody can even TELL YOU'RE WEARING IT, it's not "gay" if you think it is and so much better mood, resulting in less acne anyways.

Currently 1 and a half months on 20mg Low dose accutane, and just a tip, use the right products for your skin, as using some moisturisers or sunscreens burn and dry the hell out of your skin, did this and have back to no side effects, doesn't even feel like i'm on it, i'd recommended for those with with mild to bad acne also with acne scars preventing new ones forming. If you don't want to take accutane and your struggling with acne as a guy, buy yourself a concealer, nobody can even TELL YOU'RE WEARING IT, it's not "gay" if you think it is then just grow up, and also you're mood and self confidence spikes which can stop you worrying about pimples resulting in less stress= less pimples.