unbiased article on orbital decompression for cosmetic purposes

homo_faber

homo_faber

i thought this was a looksmaxing forum
Background:
Eye prominence is a source of cosmetic “deformity” for many patients not afflicted by Graves.
Objectives:
To report our experience in using customized orbital decompression for purely aesthetic reason to reduce eye prominence in non-thyroid patients.
Methods:
Retrospective analysis of patients undergoing cosmetic orbital decompression by one surgeon. Surgical technique included customized graded orbital bony-wall decompression (lateral-wall, basin, medial-wall, posterior-strut) and intraconal fat removal using eyelid crease and/or caruncle incisions. Inclusion criteria included any patient with relative prominent eye due to non-thyroid etiology. Preoperative and postoperative photographs at longest follow-up were used for analysis. Outcome measures included patient satisfaction (via a written questionnaire) and complication rates.
Results:
Etiologies of prominent eyes included congenital shallow orbits (14), congenital hypoplasia of malar-eminence (5), enlarged globe from high myopia (5), buphthalmos (1), and relative proptosis from contralateral enophthalmos (1). Concurrent procedures included lower eyelid-retractors lysis (5), periocular fat injection (3), tear-trough implant (3), canthoplasty (3), and periocular filler injection (3). Mean patient age was 33.8 years (range, 19-60 years). The average follow-up was 9 months (range, 6 months-4 years). All 26 patients (11 males, 15 females) had reduction in globe prominence. The mean reduction in axial globe position was 3.1 mm (range, 1.5-6.2 mm). Twenty-four of 26 patients were satisfied with the surgical outcome, with 2 patients complaining of sunken eyes. No case of permanent diplopia occurred.
Conclusions:
Orbital decompression may be done for cosmetic purpose, effectively and safely, to reduce eye prominence in non-thyroid patients by an experienced orbital surgeon.

• Love it
Reactions: joeveniro and HeavenAdmιn
good job op. Here is you prize.
Unnamed

• Woah
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Baldingman1998, curryslayerordeath, eyearea and 1 other person
Scoobydoofruitsnacks 1222018209043325534336586256700785105797640n

• +1
Reactions: A23ghskung, Deleted member 5683, Baldingman1998 and 1 other person
do you also have orbital decompression for breakfast?
OD

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, Deleted member 7866, MentalistKebab and 5 others
how much does this cost

3.1mm globe reduction is probably a bluepilled result. If you ask taban to take out more walls like some people here have, you can get upwards of 5mm or globe reduction. The results are game changing
E23F9572 1EEA 4300 98B3 9D4C7CFCDD91

3.1mm globe reduction is probably a bluepilled result. If you ask taban to take out more walls like some people here have, you can get upwards of 5mm or globe reduction. The results are game changing
View attachment 768547

insane results. does taban even do decompression by removing bone? i think he mostly removes fat behind the eyes

edit: just realized i probably should read more then the headlines of article i quoted. answer is in the article lol

insane results. does taban even do decompression by removing bone? i think he mostly removes fat behind the eyes
He removed bone as well. You get a much more drastic result with bone decompression. It’s slightly riskier, but with someone as skilled as taban, the risks are close to zero. He’s performed this surgery countless times

• +1
Reactions: homo_faber
He removed bone as well. You get a much more drastic result with bone decompression. It’s slightly riskier, but with someone as skilled as taban, the risks are close to zero. He’s performed this surgery countless times

are there any longterm risks if you remove bones behind the eyes?

orbital decompression is safe dont get it twisted